SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New here, curious and willing...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-02, 02:48 PM
Maverick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, curious and willing...

haha...that subject line sounded wrong but....its all about the car, trust me.

Anyways, here's my story.

2 years ago, before i bought my first car, i came across an MKIII supra turbo and fell in love what my new awareness of an aweosome legacy of cars. However, much to my dissapointment i couldnt find one in good condition and settled for a honda prelude and eventually drifted from the idea of a supra.

Presently, my heavily modified sits outside looking pretty, but due to some rather unfortunate circumstances in the last couple of months, im afraid she'll have to go (240hp all motor)

And now for the reason im here......as i entered the import scene (online) after buying the lude, i came across Clint's turbo lexus! I kicked myself for not having done a little more research earlier. That is one helluva car....and i want one like it!

Unfortunately, up in canada, we dont get the SC300. My only option is an sc400!. And my question to you guys is....what are the possibilities with an sc400? I am/will most definately be looking into a swap of some sort.....Any comments/suggestions would be serious.

On that note, I look forward to a lot of fun
Old 12-12-02, 03:09 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: New here, curious and willing...

Originally posted by Maverick
haha...that subject line sounded wrong but....its all about the car, trust me.

Anyways, here's my story.

2 years ago, before i bought my first car, i came across an MKIII supra turbo and fell in love what my new awareness of an aweosome legacy of cars. However, much to my dissapointment i couldnt find one in good condition and settled for a honda prelude and eventually drifted from the idea of a supra.

Presently, my heavily modified sits outside looking pretty, but due to some rather unfortunate circumstances in the last couple of months, im afraid she'll have to go (240hp all motor)

And now for the reason im here......as i entered the import scene (online) after buying the lude, i came across Clint's turbo lexus! I kicked myself for not having done a little more research earlier. That is one helluva car....and i want one like it!

Unfortunately, up in canada, we dont get the SC300. My only option is an sc400!. And my question to you guys is....what are the possibilities with an sc400? I am/will most definately be looking into a swap of some sort.....Any comments/suggestions would be serious.

On that note, I look forward to a lot of fun
While SC400 has some posibilities, unfrotunetly it hasn't been an object of much interest from aftermarket companies. Just lately a few companies started developping superchargers and turbo kits, but don't expect anything good for a few years.

It is posible to do the engine swap to Supra engine (2JZ-GTE) but I don't think anyone has attempted this because the SC300 is better platform for the swap. All and all, use the search function of this forum and check out one of very numerous discussions on this subject.

Chris
Old 12-12-02, 04:28 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maverick,

Since you mentioned that you are 'willing', then ya better do it right and get the SC3. While the SC4 is a helluva car, from what you've mentioned and what seems like you want (tuning potential), the SC3 is the only real choice for you.
If you are really willing, you can find a SC3 here in the states and bring it up to Canada.
Just be prepared to pay for a premium if you are trying to find the 5spd
Old 12-12-02, 08:53 PM
dkny_112
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

importing cars from the states isn't the easiest thing to do....
buy A SUPRA!!