Old 01-22-13, 03:50 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
i really liked that soarer vid with the russian girls
girls made the video

Originally Posted by Joey-E
SC community is in bad shape if the group video is anything like this, it was pretty lame.
Peeling out, driving fast, washing your car at the car wash, crappy music....seriously?
true story

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
You need to produce something with the same quality as SCs gone wild.
this, if not then better not to make one at all
Old 01-22-13, 04:29 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kpierce007
I agree, I only did it on gravel because I didnt want to mess up my new tires.
So you would rather mess up your paint?
Old 01-22-13, 05:36 PM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luxor
So you would rather mess up your paint?
I didnt really think it threw to much.... haha :P
Old 01-22-13, 05:40 PM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Ok guys, I promise the community one will be NOTHING like this one, I put little thought and effort into this one,only taking about a half a day to film and edit. Please do not let this video misguide you into thinking that the community one will be anything like this. I just decided to throw some clips together to work on my editing.
Again guys the community one will be NOTHING like this I promise
Old 01-22-13, 07:34 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I lul'd...
Old 01-22-13, 07:46 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I just watched the video of really not expecting anything. I have prolly seen all the SC videos on Youtube twice or more. But what really bothers me, is that all the members on here are giving the new comer some slack about representing his SC and he forwarned everyone that it was done in a day. It really urks me to find so many members on here that are giving him slack. I dont see anyone of you trying to post videos of your SC. Again I applaud the effort here, not the flaming. If you are better than him, then lets see it. Better yet I say this means war and lets have a video editing, cropping video contest. I am saddened to find so many haters on here. If this continues, many new comers will not even look at this site much or any further. Now that is what I dont want to happen. This site brings forth newcomers as well as the old farts like me. I am nearly 40 and check this site at least 2-4 times daily, if not from my cell.

So with this being said, if you dont have anything good to say, then move on.... PM me if you dont like it.

I applaud anyone who puts forths any effort in creating anything that any individual person likes. Keep in mind some are not as talented as others, but it takes time and many efforts to be great at anything. Keep that in mind.
Old 01-22-13, 07:54 PM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Really guys? I mean yeah, the video wasnt all that great and I appreciate the constructive criticism but for the comments like "I lul'd" and stuff like that, what do you want me to take and learn from that, where in that post does it give me pointers of what not to do and what I should do. Where is the since of community here guys? Yeah I know the video was bad but at least I have the dedication to go out and make one for YOU guys to enjoy it and the comments like "I lul'd" have no constructive meaning, all it is is a bash against the video. That is not what being a community is all about, We should be giving pointers and tips to make the video better rather than just bashing it.
Old 01-22-13, 08:02 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Really guys? I mean yeah, the video wasnt all that great and I appreciate the constructive criticism but for the comments like "I lul'd" and stuff like that, what do you want me to take and learn from that, where in that post does it give me pointers of what not to do and what I should do. Where is the since of community here guys? Yeah I know the video was bad but at least I have the dedication to go out and make one for YOU guys to enjoy it and the comments like "I lul'd" have no constructive meaning, all it is is a bash against the video. That is not what being a community is all about, We should be giving pointers and tips to make the video better rather than just bashing it.
Nuff Said......
Old 01-22-13, 08:14 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Find some women to put in it next time?
Old 01-22-13, 10:08 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I just watched the video of really not expecting anything. I have prolly seen all the SC videos on Youtube twice or more. But what really bothers me, is that all the members on here are giving the new comer some slack about representing his SC and he forwarned everyone that it was done in a day. It really urks me to find so many members on here that are giving him slack. I dont see anyone of you trying to post videos of your SC. Again I applaud the effort here, not the flaming. If you are better than him, then lets see it. Better yet I say this means war and lets have a video editing, cropping video contest. I am saddened to find so many haters on here. If this continues, many new comers will not even look at this site much or any further. Now that is what I dont want to happen. This site brings forth newcomers as well as the old farts like me. I am nearly 40 and check this site at least 2-4 times daily, if not from my cell.

So with this being said, if you dont have anything good to say, then move on.... PM me if you dont like it.

I applaud anyone who puts forths any effort in creating anything that any individual person likes. Keep in mind some are not as talented as others, but it takes time and many efforts to be great at anything. Keep that in mind.
I know what you mean , and that is why I basically didnt comment on the vid at all, but at the same time I think its okay to call it like it is sometimes too and give a little constructive criticism

Yea man it was cool that you put the effort in to make it , but seeing shots of a dude wash his car and doing a gravel burn out isnt going to stand out and make an impressive vid, im sure you are just learning from this and the next vid will be much different

Things that will make a good vid are or course nice shots of some nice sc's, nice scenery, good music , good effects and yes like Joey said cant go wrong with a girl or two
Old 01-22-13, 10:14 PM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Yea man it was cool that you put the effort in to make it , but seeing shots of a dude wash his car and doing a gravel burn out isnt going to stand out and make an impressive vid, im sure you are just learning from this and the next vid will be much different

Things that will make a good vid are or course nice shots of some nice sc's, nice scenery, good music , good effects and yes like Joey said cant go wrong with a girl or two
Thanks for the comment, honestly this video was just thrown together in a half a day. I think im going to make another video but put alot of time and effort into it.
Old 01-22-13, 11:48 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, is that the noise that kids these days listen to?

Constructive criticism. Insert attractive females (i would like to emphasize the "attractive" portion of this current statement). You don't even have to put in any SC's, just label it as an SC vid and I think you'd get way better feedback.

If you insist on putting cars in, take notes from BBC UK. Full 1080p powerslides.oh and smoke. lots of it.
Old 01-23-13, 04:22 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Good Job Man! I enjoyed watching it. They will get better and better.
On the bright side, this community forces you to step up your game quickly.
You take your lumps, wipe off your jacket...... and go GET BETTER! (you should have seen the hammering my car got from the jump) ;-)
Old 01-25-13, 04:41 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Ha!
(semi related) True Story!

After I proudly posted pictures of my new (to me), clean SC, a member posted this:

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Oh dear lord my eyes.

Thats IT!

After getting over the shock of him posting that, I slowly realized how ugly she was (compared to how she could be).
It became the most important post of all. It reminded me to not to tie my emotions to artistic decisions and to remain open and fluid with them. Stand back one step and allow a changing, maturing PERSPECTIVE to color creative decisions (I do that in the studio AND training for my fights).
Bottom line, that was not "nice" but............. MY CAR WAS UGLY!........
His post SHOCKED ME, however it matured my perspective and I am all the wiser. As a result, my car is on the way to being one of the nicest around (stay tuned).

Thank You JDMmuscle! (your cars, knowledge (and blunt honesty) are an inspiration!)

And Kpierce007, I hope you are out shooting and editing today!

Last edited by Studiogeek; 01-25-13 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-25-13, 08:47 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want an honest opinion then I'll give you one, I just didn't think you were being serious with that video lol. In all honesty I'm not feeling the wheels and that height man, not saying you should slam your car like me but you should at least make it a little more flush. I really don't like the finish of the wheels either, you should go back to stock wheels or save up for some real wheels (as in very nice wheels you like). Also I'm not feeling the music in the video, I know you didn't take much time for the video but I'm sure you had some better songs in mind. IMO what makes a good video is the content and the quality of the picture. These videos of the coverage on the meets are getting pretty repetitive, but at least they stick to the appeal that works.

Quick Reply: A little video I made