SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

VIS Vertex Style KIT

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-02, 12:09 AM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, the more time I spend looking at this VIS kit the more I like it....whats wrong with me? Ok, so in your opinion Sc400, how hard would it be to make this thing fit on my car? About how much time if I havent messed with bodykits before (Im a quick learn). And to everybody else, yes, Ive read the warnings, more than once .

-BP
Old 12-20-02, 01:07 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Star, to answer your question, I have no idea... LOL.. we are like triplets.

undefeated... The first time I tried with my kit, it took me about four hours... When the other member got his kit, it took about two and a half hours. It is pretty hard.. It's basically trim/shave and fit... If it is still off, do it again and again... For a first timer, I would say take your time... Spend a good 4-5 hours trying to figure out what to do.

Good luck...

I do recommend the real kit though since you have never experimented with kits before.
Old 12-20-02, 02:53 PM
wolfy187
Pole Position

I've seen an autobots sc. the VIS KIT LOOKS LIKE S..H...I......you know the rest....you can shove a finger underneath the headlight between the kit. shave and cut...whatever...you can never get it looking good. i know why you guys always push VIS>...CAUSE YOU ALL ARE SPONSORED BY THEM..... horrible business with horrible product. You have a lexus. do it right. if you can't afford a lex. go buy a freakin honda.

Arthur
Old 12-20-02, 06:53 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by wolfy187
I've seen an autobots sc. the VIS KIT LOOKS LIKE S..H...I......you know the rest....you can shove a finger underneath the headlight between the kit. shave and cut...whatever...you can never get it looking good. i know why you guys always push VIS>...CAUSE YOU ALL ARE SPONSORED BY THEM..... horrible business with horrible product. You have a lexus. do it right. if you can't afford a lex. go buy a freakin honda.

Arthur
Why are you flaming on me for? I'm just letting everyone know what they can expect if they do get the VIS kit.... Sponsored or not, I don't get anything if I get people to buy them....

They gap you are refering to is not where the headlights are... probably where the highbeams are.... It's still not big enough for a finger.. unless you got some baby fingers.....
Attached Thumbnails VIS Vertex Style KIT-mvc-199s.jpg  
Old 01-02-03, 11:45 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

i dont think he really ment to flame on u....i think he is just trying to get his point across that VIS has some crappy stuff....and like most pple on this board he doesnt like VIS very much. At least thats wat i think hes gettin at.

Boris
Old 01-03-03, 01:04 AM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Sc4oo: you vis kit dosn't look to bad from the pics
Old 01-03-03, 02:04 AM
soaringhigh
Rookie

dont pay them no mind. they always flame THOSE WHO HAVE NICER CARS. we call them HATERZ around here. i dont understand why alot of these members talk trash about other members, when this is suppose to be a community forum where one can express his individuality.if i wanted to talk trash with someone i'll go to a chat room. and dude, if you are asian, like alot of other members you might get offended acouple of times, cuz they call us RICERS for having a hooked up car i guess ITS GANGSTER or something, i know alot of people with vis kits and have no major problem. shet.... with the money saved means new paint job.
dont get me wrong japanese kits are koot too. but their kits are very thin, just look at the du luck kit. BB gun can shoot through it.its very thin,thats because they have different crash requirements.less strict i guess.

Last edited by soaringhigh; 01-03-03 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-03-03, 02:16 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by soaringhigh
dont pay them no mind. they always flame THOSE WHO HAVE NICER CARS. we call them HATERZ around here. i dont understand why alot of these members talk trash about other members, when this is suppose to be a community forum where one can express his individuality.if i wanted to talk trash with someone i'll go to a chat room. and dude, if you are asian, like alot of other members you might get offended acouple of times, cuz they call us RICERS for having a hooked up car i guess ITS GANGSTER or something, i know alot of people with vis kits and have no major problem. shet.... with the money saved means new paint job.
dont get me wrong japanese kits are koot too. but their kits are very thin, just look at the du luck kit. BB gun can shoot through it.its very thin,thats because they have different crash requirements.less strict i guess.
do-luck kit thin??? i beg to differ.... actually, i'm insulted. by the way, it's do-luck. not du-luck. japanese kits are cool, not koot. i'm not one of the "haterz" , or a hater.

i don't diss on people or what they buy. they pay for what they get, but don't front to other people like they're all pimp. that's what bothers me most. i'm not jealous of anyone.
Old 01-03-03, 02:51 AM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

I concur with doluck there. I have not one idea where you got the idea that doluck makes thin fiberglass parts? All my doluck items like the wing and front bumper i had in the past was thick material. Top notch material and construction and i don't say that about many things. Japanese products are prolly some of the best made products out there; sorry to say that but that how i feel.

Any fiberglass material can be broken or cracked.

Last edited by TurboB6; 01-03-03 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-03-03, 02:57 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by TurboB6
I concur with doluck there. I have not one idea where you got the idea that doluck makes thin fiberglass parts? All my doluck items like the wing and front bumper i had in the past was thick material. Top notch material and construction and i don't say that about many things. Japanese products are prolly some of the best made products out there; sorry to say that but that how i feel.

Any fiberglass material can be broken or cracked.
AMEN brother!!! All of the do-luck fiberglass pieces are hand laid. Let me say that again, hand laid! ALL copy kits are made from a mold... enough said.
Old 01-03-03, 03:33 AM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

the do-luck kits are thin but the material they use are way stronger than what any vis or u.s. base company use. that is why they are able to make them thinner but are strong. all the jap kits are good and you get what you pay for.
Old 01-03-03, 03:39 AM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 5spdSC300
the do-luck kits are thin but the material they use are way stronger than what any vis or u.s. base company use. that is why they are able to make them thinner but are strong. all the jap kits are good and you get what you pay for.
Exactly, you get what you pay for. Me myself I prefer to pay the extra cash to get quality parts.
Old 01-03-03, 04:50 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Arrow

I just wanted to know where I could get some more info on the VIS kit, and where could I buy it from. Is there any where in southern Cali that sells it. How much would it be to paint and install the whole kit, Sc400 how much did it cost you for everything.

I would appreciate any other suggestions on kits for an SC. I just don’t like futuristic looking kits, but anything like the Vertex or the Auto-Couture would be tight. Oh yea and money is kinda an issue so I can't afford anything too expensive.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-03, 06:38 AM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Advertising
Advertising of any kind is prohibited in any posting area of ClubLexus forums. Individuals interested in advertising on ClubLexus should contact us at advertising@clublexus.com. All the advertising threads will either be moved or closed.

Last edited by legendary; 10-07-03 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-03-03, 06:43 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb Watch what you say

Originally posted by soaringhigh
dont pay them no mind. they always flame THOSE WHO HAVE NICER CARS. we call them HATERZ around here.
I try to stay neutral from these flame wars, but I'd just like to point out how foolish this one statement is. Let me explain:

sc300 Vertex Body Kit
volk challenge 18"
GAB shocks/eibach springs
Supra TT brake upgrade all around with brembo x-drilled/slotted rotors

Toyomoto manifold, t60-1, Tial wastegate, EVC, Apex-i AFC, Rebic IV, G-Force Ecu upgrade, Trust exhaust etc.. etc..
Once again, wolfy187 has a very nice SC300, fully legit and pretty much all JDM. He bought a real Vertex kit, real Volk wheels, real Brembo hardware, and a real Toyomoto kit. Very few here can say they have "NICER CARS" than him...

Quick Reply: VIS Vertex Style KIT