SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Would you??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 12:07 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
Gs is a much better car hands down , and even 1st gen maybe not the styling . Sc is beraly lighter , performance is about the same
lol you've made it pretty clear in the past that you prefer the gs...

After driving my dads LS430 an cousins Gs, I noticed only the LS is significantly different. Drives silky smooth while making a luxurious statement doing so, the GS imo is "meh". Rather keep my SC hands DOWN! SC is just as smooth, more rare an just more noticeable among the public since most don't even know what it is.

Keep in mind, the condition of both cars is a huge factor. Rather roll a clean gs than a beat down sc.
Old 03-28-13, 04:07 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
lol you've made it pretty clear in the past that you prefer the gs...

After driving my dads LS430 an cousins Gs, I noticed only the LS is significantly different. Drives silky smooth while making a luxurious statement doing so, the GS imo is "meh". Rather keep my SC hands DOWN! SC is just as smooth, more rare an just more noticeable among the public since most don't even know what it is.

Keep in mind, the condition of both cars is a huge factor. Rather roll a clean gs than a beat down sc.
Gs dosent fall apart and way more comfy, that isn't my opinion sc is slapped together on the inside .i drive the Gs on the daily and put a ton of miles on both cars

Last edited by MDSC; 03-28-13 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-28-13, 08:48 AM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the only car that would make me trade is the G37 vert.
Old 03-28-13, 03:20 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gs dosent fall apart and way more comfy, that isn't my opinion sc is slapped together on the inside .i drive the Gs on the daily and put a ton of miles on both cars
Had mine for 3 years now, put over 55k+ an haven't replaced Anything other than standard maintenance, most solid reliable car I've ever owned
Old 03-28-13, 03:28 PM
robtackett
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would for the added room
Old 03-28-13, 03:31 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wth?

Had mine for 3 years now, put over 55k+ an haven't replaced Anything other than standard maintenance, most solid reliable car I've ever owned
+1
Old 03-28-13, 04:11 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nope, no way no how. Love the coupe too much.
Old 03-28-13, 11:28 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,246 Likes on 868 Posts

No. I prefer coupes, personally but I wouldn't trade this car period. Lexus doesn't make much else that I'd really care to own anyway, save perhaps the '01-'05 IS300 5-speed LSD cars. GS300's can be converted to 2JZ-GTE Aristo spec, sure, and some people even swap V160 transmissions into them but given the choice I'd still take the coupe.

I will say, however, that 90's GS300/GS400's are a hell of a lot more visually appealing than current GS cars despite their age.
Old 03-29-13, 09:07 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No thanks. I'd rather a coupe over a sedan any day. Not that the GS looks bad. My buddy has a 2jz aristo and it looks sweet. I just think the SC is a way sexier car.
Old 03-29-13, 11:05 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

What other cars have you owned? does your sc has cracked door trim and door panels yet? no? it will, the gs wont. Does your sc cluster out yet? Gs dosent have this issue, how about the cracked vents? Front seat back coming loose?climate Control Screen bleeding? The gs of any generation does not have these problems period. Mechanic aspect of the cars is pretty even, interior quality of SC leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We have owned 4 lexus rwd models and currently own 3, the other was 93 Gs300. The 1st gen Gs has no known interior issues either.
SC has 245k
93GS had 240K+ 4 years ago before my wife got T Boned and car got totaled
00GS has 233k
06ls430 has 103k
I have alot of experience with many different lexus models i have worked and replace just about any part on SC/GS overall the gs is a more solid and comfortable car , if you think otherwise youre delusional. I drove the SC From Maryland to NC and Back, on the way back i was tired from a 7 hour 400 mile trip by the time we crossed va/md line i was ready to get the hell out of this uncomfortable seating position and seat. Fast forward to another 100 miles and 1.5 hours later i dropped the car at the shop where i store it and switched to GS that i daily drive. All i could think of is i still need to drive another 40 minutes to get home and my back was spent and i was dreading another drive. When i got into a GS is was like i already got home and sat in my Lazy boy recliner i was relived after driving for 7 hours! I'm changing the seats out in the SC for sure this year, havent decided on what to get yet, supra/RSX maybe recaro either way the back rest on front seats is bowed back if you look at them up close which leaves you support for lower back only.

Last edited by MDSC; 03-29-13 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-29-13, 03:43 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont get why you spend "thousands" on your paint and talk down about the SC, its cracked vents and seats, Yet you still own one, and say its falling apart.
Old 03-29-13, 04:23 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
I dont get why you spend "thousands" on your paint and talk down about the SC, its cracked vents and seats, Yet you still own one, and say its falling apart.
Lol touche

Guess you just can't give up the SC

Last edited by 3L4jzz31; 03-29-13 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-29-13, 04:45 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joey-E
I like the car over all, it's above average but im in no shape of form delusional like some people on here. I know when one car is better then mine and I have no problems admitting it . I've owned and driven many, as cheesy as sc interior is I still like the car . There's many reasons for this. Major reason it will get historic tags, which means md emissions exempt . If I can get around the emissions in obd2 Gs I would of build the Gs instead and kept the sc as a daily . I'd still trade the sc for a 98-00 ls400 with nice wheels and air any day. Problem is no one is going to do that . Check for sale classifieds if anyone had Gs/Ls for sale or trade it's never for sc . There's a lot of people that own 2nd gen Gs or Ls that can say they used to own sc , you will rearly find someone that was the other way around . Truth hurts ,I still like the sc so not worried about it but have no problem telling the truth
Old 03-29-13, 04:47 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Also my car isn't falling apart, sine I spend thousands fixing those interior issues . Gauge cluster , climate , door panels have been replaced
Old 03-29-13, 05:00 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

I would if it were a mint condition second generation 03-05 or if it had a 2JZ-GTE in it. I'd even consider the 06 GS300 too.

Quick Reply: Would you??