SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Turbo questions, not NEWb

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-02, 11:48 PM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo questions, not NEWb

Hi I have kept pretty low on clublexus but have been here for a while. Anyway I just purchased an sp60 unknown a/r, and all turbo accesories minus the header. Anyway I have two questions

1.) I have a high mileage engine 150k and was wondering what are my options for conditioning the motor specifically the shortblock for the turbo? Is it possible to open it up check pistons,rods, and crank and if clearences are okay then just replace the rings and gaskets? or would a shortblock be required? cause if I am correct an NA shortblock is more than a TT?

2.) If I run the v8 maf and use 440 or 550 injectors (I can`t remember which ones to use off the top of my head) and a SAFC will this be sufficient for the turbo? or will vpc still be required? or what about fcon S I have just recently heard about these, how are they priced? and how do they perform?

sorry if they sound elementary or stupid, but I am just trying to figure out the details.
Old 12-25-02, 02:25 AM
racing fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) get a compression test done to see the condition of your motor. No need in replacing it now if it will work. If you do need a new shortblock, I'm pretty sure a gte shortblock will bolt up, but don't take my word for it. You can get one of these blocks for 1800 new then add a 300 overhaul kit and you are set for parts. Last i checked a new ge shortblock was 3k

2) I'd suggest looking into an e-manage to control fuel. This will allow you to run 50% more injector and that should work to your needs. It allows much more precise tuning compared to a safc and you can get the new profec e boost controller lcd from greddy to work with it. There is alos a new safc that is coming out which will be nice as well-allows a larger fuel table.
email me for more info on any of the parts or stuff. I forget to check these forums alot
zohairj@yahoo.com