SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Getting cut off on the freeway in your SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 06:26 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't really care, they could get a speeding ticket and/or waste gas if they want...
Old 04-14-13, 07:28 PM
KahnBB6
Forum Moderator

Received 1,251 Likes on 871 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Or it would be really cool to be a police officer with a turbo SC as an unmarked patrol car.
Oy vey, please don't say that! :P Enough counties already do things like this but thankfully it's only to infiltrate groups of ricers.
Old 04-14-13, 08:37 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

most people get out my way, when they see me coming,

its weird though even when im doing 15+ i get cut off by minivans and prius lol
Old 04-14-13, 08:44 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get cut off all the time
Old 04-15-13, 03:16 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Every chance you get to test that BBK, is also an opportunity to peel out again.
Old 04-15-13, 05:15 AM
Davidddd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The horn works fine for me.
Old 04-15-13, 07:36 AM
asianrob
Driver

i had some lady in a chevy cut me off, she was in the middle lane of the high way doing about 55, i was in the fast lane doing 70, with no one infront of her, she proceeds to cut me off in my lane i switch into the middle lane pass her, and she cuts back into her lane. thats the kind of ******* drivers we have in oklah****inghoma. and the rest of the time these people will not let you pass or squeeze in with your signal on either.
Old 04-15-13, 08:55 AM
KahnBB6
Forum Moderator

Received 1,251 Likes on 871 Posts

asianrob, having driven through Oklahoma on I-40 several times, I've been there. There is a marked trend in some states for most drivers to be courteous and in others (Arkansas and Florida are two big ones) people seem not to care what they do.
Old 04-15-13, 11:18 PM
asianrob
Driver

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
asianrob, having driven through Oklahoma on I-40 several times, I've been there. There is a marked trend in some states for most drivers to be courteous and in others (Arkansas and Florida are two big ones) people seem not to care what they do.
no kidding! most places i go people seem to be polite for the most part. but on 169 through Tulsa, it seems like all is forgotten.
Old 04-16-13, 01:15 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X

Or it would be really cool to be a police officer with a turbo SC as an unmarked patrol car.
If i do get pulled over by a cop, I would love it to be an undercover SC. Would be pretty epic.

On a more thread related note. Some old guy almost merged into my car the other day while i was driving next to him. I'm in a 3700lb car not a bicycle. It cant be hard to miss.....
Old 04-19-13, 08:00 AM
glex4
Rookie

Interesting. I'm having the same issue ever since I bought my 92SC in September 2012. I also get a lot of people tailing me. I don't have this same issue in my other car (Nissan).
Old 04-19-13, 08:22 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

I get cut off by those freakin Prius analclowns several times a day in my sc. I made a facebook post about it saying "all you prius owners trying to save $1, cost me $2 every time I find you on the road" The reason I say that is they cut me off and slow to 50mph in a 65. EVERY FREAKING TIME. Then I will get in slow lane and pass them with the bird directed at them. I mean my SC is a pig as far as weight and getting the v8 to downshift enough to pass easily eats a half gallon.

other than that, I dont get cut off much as I like to do 9 over the limit and cars around here like to tail me. around my house i deal with out of state drivers trying to go or come from the beach. usually they are exhausted when they get near my area. I meet a few good drivers out there who can play tag as well as convoy combat maneuvering. I been trying to teach my gf how to drive properly but it is way over her head. my brother is pretty decent but lacks the experience I have. Im sure when we go to TOTD this year he will be proficient enough to blcok drivers or make a complicated 5 car pass (5 cars together passing a series of slw vehicles in separate lanes). I miss the drive from nashville to deals gap, i guess delawre to delas gap will be just as fun just less mountains to play with
Old 04-19-13, 08:33 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never experience this. Most people get the hell out of my way. There's something sinister about SC headlights in your rear view mirror. They know something is coming lol.

I was tailgated once by some crappy non turbo mitsubishi in my winter SC. At the time one of my tires was low on air so I didn't want to gun it away from this guy trying to provoke me to race. It's like he was trying to feel better about himself for buying his piece of crap overpriced tin can of a car. I was on the right most lane on a three lane wide road, he could have passed me but just wanted to tailgate me... open road buddy go have fun! When I go fast in my SC I don't tailgate other cars to make myself feel better. I should have just slammed the brakes on my winter SC, taught him a lesson.

Last edited by Clean400; 04-19-13 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-19-13, 09:23 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^^ LOL, Kpierce007

On highways I get passed sometimes but more often I'm the one doing the passing while sticking with the general flow of traffic. Most drivers here in Florida don't know how to use turn signals or the use of the right and left lanes correctly. No courteous attention-getting does much. I feel like they're all thinking in slow motion.

I almost never get cut off the way the OP is describing in my SC unless it's rush hour-- when everyone gets cut off regardless of what they're driving. In other more sedate cars, sure, but not often in my SC unless it's by an idiot in a tin can econobox or a redneck in a huge F-350. You can't fault the car for those examples. Vette and Porsche drivers are going fast but are usually very polite about it.
word^. In orlando we have altogether useless drivers here. I get cut off more then i would like but then i just floor it and get loose on em. Let me not start with how people do 40-50 in the fast lane either.
Old 04-19-13, 10:53 AM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever since I started driving an SC back in Dec 09, I've experienced a lot of road rage from other drivers. I do a lot of highway driving and always use my cruise control. It's funny how intimidated people get when I pass them...with my cruise on...and they immediately speed up...then slow back down, and I pass them again, which in turn pisses them off and they then try to cut me off or brake check me. If you're one of these type of people, you need to go commit suicide right now. Just sayin.

Quick Reply: Getting cut off on the freeway in your SC