SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

bad luck, does it end?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 10:32 AM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idk man sounds like you need to get your stuff together. Don't finance through shady companies, get proper paper work or be prepaired to pay and drive like a responsable person!
Old 04-17-13, 11:13 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey man, sorry you are having such bad luck.
I can offer one thing that has helped me all of my life.
NEVER STACK YOUR PROBLEMS!
There is ZERO benefit to thinking about everything bad that happened to you at any one time (even for list purposes). Deal with each thing as a new thing, one at a time. Gathering/listing them (even mentally) is unhealthy and serves no purpose except to make you feel worse and bring about a "woe is me" mentality.

Chin up!
Make smart decisions!
Never Stack!
Always remember things could be worse (watch the news).
Spend the time you spend stacking, solving one of the issues.

GOOD LUCK! YOU WILL BE FINE!
It's not CANCER!
Old 04-17-13, 07:24 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read what you wrote on my lunchbreak today and I seriously felt for you.

We go through times in our life where everything seems to be just going absolutely the wrong way. A lot of it is out of your control. But let me tell you, people remember how good a person you are. It will come back to you. All these *******s screwing you over will get theirs.

Just focus on the small things that make you happy man and stay positive.
Old 04-17-13, 11:23 PM
NixusSC
Driver

Everyday I'm out here (Afghanistan), I'm like "fack, another crappy day"....then I read the newspaper here which always seems to spell doomsday and I feel better. Seems like everywhere ELSE is worse than where I'm at = /.
Old 04-18-13, 05:08 AM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

Haha been there brotha I feel ya! Was up north TAD to Airforce for a while on CSE.
Old 04-18-13, 05:41 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NixusSC
Everyday I'm out here (Afghanistan), I'm like "fack, another crappy day"....then I read the newspaper here which always seems to spell doomsday and I feel better. Seems like everywhere ELSE is worse than where I'm at = /.
trust me brothah, I been there good luck with he rest of your tour. I been contemplating taking a gov job to go back over there and save some money but my divorce caused so much debt I lost my clearance and most gov jobs require it. Anyway I wanted to thank you for your service and let you know, there are still those in the USA who wants the wars to be over to get all troopers back. damn I miss being in the Army at times, lol. I left because I was tired of all the BS, and the back to back to bcak to back to back deployments. i mean i had jsut got back from 15 months in Iraq and 5 months later we were in Afghanistan for 13 months, screw that lol

anyway thanks for the advice. I will no longer look at multiples (stacking), from now on I look at each event as an individual event and they are never related, shoudl feel better soon
Old 04-18-13, 06:24 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dream36
I will no longer look at multiples (stacking), from now on I look at each event as an individual event and they are never related, should feel better soon
Glad that stuck with you man! It WILL help!
Old 04-18-13, 08:12 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am bumping this thread, hoping to find a more positive attitude in you now, since you have been reading all of these positive comments.
Old 04-18-13, 08:26 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I am bumping this thread, hoping to find a more positive attitude in you now, since you have been reading all of these positive comments.
Awesome reason for a bump!

The one I quoted above is a step up i'd say. Wouldn't you say 1J?

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-18-13 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-18-13, 12:18 PM
NixusSC
Driver

Originally Posted by Dream36
trust me brothah, I been there good luck with he rest of your tour. I been contemplating taking a gov job to go back over there and save some money but my divorce caused so much debt I lost my clearance and most gov jobs require it. Anyway I wanted to thank you for your service and let you know, there are still those in the USA who wants the wars to be over to get all troopers back. damn I miss being in the Army at times, lol. I left because I was tired of all the BS, and the back to back to bcak to back to back deployments. i mean i had jsut got back from 15 months in Iraq and 5 months later we were in Afghanistan for 13 months, screw that lol

anyway thanks for the advice. I will no longer look at multiples (stacking), from now on I look at each event as an individual event and they are never related, shoudl feel better soon
My contract will end with only 2 deployments luckily.
Here's a positive for the day: at least there's a new interesting thread to read on CL today