SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

bad luck, does it end?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-13, 07:02 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad luck, does it end?

Hello there, this thread is to discuss recent events that have me wondering if my luck will ever turn good.

Last year I finished my 78 Mazda RX7 build, I did a full chassis lift modernization and customization slash restoration. On December 21st 2012 I was rear ended on a highway at around 60mph, and he had thrown me into the guard rail and fled the scene. I had over $20k in parts invested in the car (LS1, T56, ford 8.8, custom susp, brakes, etc), however my family in their retardness, said I had three days to dispose of the car and parting it out was not an option. As I had no friends who could help I sold the car for $2k which in turn the guy who bought it parted it out and made over $10k "profit" in less than a week.

now fast forward to last week

Sunday I wax my car three times and get her all shinny and pretty. I wake up monday and it was stolen. Well, it was "repossessed" when I was literally 1 day late, yes one day late on my final payment of $60. When I got the impound lot I found out the repo guy had put 350 miles on the car, stole the $60 in the center counsel that was in an envelop addressed to the dealer as I was gonna stop in and drop it off on my way to work that morning. they also stole about $200 worth of my medicine.

Thursday I pay over $800 to get my car back from the impound lot and was very happy life was turning around for me.

Friday I left work and was at the gas station when a drunk backed into my car at full speed then sped off. I chased him down on foot because it pinned my car over the curb but he caught a green light and was gone.

yesterday I left work happy as hell because it was payday, I was driving say 50mph in a 45 minding my own business going through an intersection in which I clearly had a green light for a long time (it was green for at least 500m of my approach). Dude ran the red light with out even looking. I mean he didnt even look at me. I hit the brakes and realized it wasnt going to be enough so I laid in my horn hooping it would tell him to push through, but no, he noticed me and hit the brakes which slowed him enough to nail me. BTW, he had no insurance and was only 18

My question, is. When do I get my ice cream? I have had the worst luck of anyone in the history of man kind. I am for real, ask anyone of my friends or family, it is borederline biblical in how karma takes every chance to screw me. Take for example my accident in DEC. the day my family told me I had to get rid of it I was arrested while taking the RX7 to a buddies house to see if I could use his garage. All I did was a burnout but was treated like a violent felon for it. hell 4 weeks ago I was also arrested for expired tags because the dealer refused to give me a second temp tag becasue they were to lazy to send the paperwork to DMV on my real tags (true story cops were involved and everything they still refused to do their job). I mean who the hell gets beat down by a cop for expired temp tag? (this guy)

anyway, I told a RX7 guru I would start a thread here for him so he can read what has happened/

Oh and karma, When I built cars or bikes I always gave parts away to those less fortunate, hell I sold a $800 radiator to a guy for $50 because thats all he had. How come when I am looking for parts no one is willing to go low enough to help? meh ****, Ill comment in a bit with pics.
thanks for your patience, I do expect a minimum of 5 TLDR posts
Old 04-16-13, 07:31 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy Crap man, that's a string of bad luck. You have to be positive and keep your headup! Everyone has a streak of bad events once in a while, but do not let those keep you down. Keep positive and never negative and things should hopefully turn out for better Next time some *** hat hits you get a tag number, also that 18 year old; should be getting sued! ( i digress for being to harsh)
Old 04-16-13, 08:03 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not invest in full coverage insurance, if you had a payment isn't that required? If not store the car and drive a POS daily.
Old 04-16-13, 08:25 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

lol, agreed, no pity wanted just outlining that i really do have bad luck. I got pics Ill post a little later in the day. but as of yesterday my car "is" my beater
Old 04-16-13, 08:57 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

After reading this, I was afraid to post. I was afraid that Kharma would haunt me for the next seven years just for posting. It seems that you have a lot of bad things in your life happen lately. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom and the only way out, is to look up. And I mean this seriously. Any pictures of your car?
Old 04-16-13, 09:02 AM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

^^ haha
Dam op you made me feel pity towards you ahaha jk
Ill buy u some ice cream!!! Hope that makes u feel better.
Your possessed! Hope it starts going go for you.
Old 04-16-13, 10:24 AM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Old 04-16-13, 10:35 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

While a lot of what you have been through sucks - you are responsible for your own actions in regard to burnouts, expired tags etc. You could have helped your situation a lot by staying on the right side of the law. However, this is a great forum with a ton of great people - so hopefully people here can help you get back on track with getting your car fixed. Good luck.
Old 04-16-13, 10:55 AM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man sounds you had just had the worst of luck possible. Goodluck on your build and things will eventually turn around in your favor
Old 04-16-13, 03:02 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are a lot of accidents, in my opinion you're a very lucky person. Lucky to be alive. I've been in 7 myself. Money comes and goes, but death is permanent.
Old 04-16-13, 05:14 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stop working on cars and do something else with your life.
Old 04-16-13, 05:57 PM
Shayy
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 47 Posts

I thought I had it bad today when a rock slammed into my windshield and the alignment shop couldn't align my car. I feel better now. Hope things go uphill for you
Old 04-16-13, 08:27 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I feel for you...I gotta say you brought a lot of it on yourself. Burnouts, tags, payments oa car that is at least 13 years old? Not the best decisions. But I make em to so not much room to talk lol. I've been there when it rains, then pours, and then you're stuck in a tropical storm. Just ride it out bro. If you are going through he'll keep going and if you reach the end of your rope tie a knot and hang onto that *****
Old 04-17-13, 08:21 AM
Supruxes
Driver

I have had a string of bad luck lately also, I had a reallll clean '02 Mustang GT with '03-'04 Cobra IRS Swap, subframe connectors, 13" front Cobra brakes, FRPP Driveshaft, brand new FRPP intake manifold, almost every bolt on besides boost, new front head lights, fog lights, Mach 1 grille and spoiler, Staggered 18" SVE Drifts. I had the car for 2 years and about 2 months after the IRS conversion the car gets totaled, pretty much my stupid *** fault for hitting a pole in parking lot at about 15 mph and i wasn't even doing anything stupid.

I bought a '08 Sentra SE-R Spec V a few years ago, only for it to get totaled after 3 months of owning it due to hydroplaning, and now my SC has become a POS, I am pretty much fixing something on it on every day off i have.
Old 04-17-13, 08:29 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

yeah that does suck man. I bought a megamillions ticket for last night and friday ngiht as well as a powerball for tonite and saturday, maybe my luck will change, lol.

I am really optimistic today and feel a ton better, i looked up parts and tbh it would be cheaper to go WB at this point so I will leave the car alone for a few years and go from there. if she still runs well then I will go forward if i dont own her ow well, lol.

I still want to to a 6 speed swap or a LS1/T56 swap since I have those skills (body not so much). lets just see how things pan out.

Quick Reply: bad luck, does it end?