Big Win Front Lip vs Fujin Lip

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-13, 10:31 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
gotta play to play!
I do pay to play, I have on every one of my builds thanks. The front lip on my ISF was over $700 plus getting it painted. There is also a saying "shop smarter not harder". When the Fujin front lip became available with a much better material it would have been dumb for me to order the Big Win. Oh and I have also seen the Big Win lip in person, and it doesn't fit perfect either for those that are under the assumption that it does. No aftermarket lip fits "perfect".
Old 04-22-13, 11:30 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by uras300
I see a lot of assumptions and not many factual answers in this thread.
Please allow me to chime in with an experience of having installed the Fujin lip on my SC.

For those who weren't on the forum when Fujin lip became available as a group buy, here are some facts. (I am not endorsing the Fujin lip, nor am I bashing on Big Win.)

-P.R.S.22 and Rideskinz are the people who made this happen. P.R.S.22 has conceived the idea and did many of the leg work to find a right manufacture (Rideskinz) to create an attractive, durable, and affordable lip for our cars.

-Fujin lip is a not an identical copy of Big Win lip. Fujin lip sits, and flares out a bit more. (Design cues were voiced by CL forum members at the time. Rideskinz then refined the ideas into physical form with his own twist.)

-Fujin lip is constructed with Polyurethane. Big Win, Fiberglass.

-Big Win is made in Japan. Fujin lip, USA.

-Big Win fits nearly perfect right out of the box. Fujin lip's fitment seems to vary slightly on batch, but generally good.

I'm sure Rideskinz will chime in if he's still an active member here. If not, view the original thread for further details. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-its-here.html And this, for fitment concerns: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...fujin-lip.html

IMO, $600+ Fiberglass front lip pales in comparison when a Polyurethane lip is available for substantially less. Fujin lip did require my auto body guy to modify the lip slightly and cost me a bit for the work. However, I'll be mad if I had to come back to repair a crack every time I hit a speed bump or two. I just don't consider paying for recurring issue a "ballin'" status.
Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Looks like it is time for me to chime in on this one.....

As uras300 stated earlier I had been waiting patiently for over 4 years for some company to make a replica of the Big Win front lip for the SC community. There were several attempts to get the project off the ground by several companies but none of them actually pulled the trigger. I grew tired of waiting and took matters into my own hands. I had been in contact with Extreme Dimensions on getting the lip done and instead was referred to Rideskinz to get the process up and running.

I spent a lot of time in talks with Rideskinz and fellow CL members throughout the process to make the Fujin lip what it is today. The Fujin lip is not an exact duplicate of the Big Win front lip. As stated earlier the Fujin lip flares out a bit more than the Big Win lip and is made of polyurethane vs. fiberglass.

To those looking for the Big Win lip to put on their SCs I wish you good luck. As stated numerous times they are over 600+ to purchase with a substantial wait time (could be several months) and for me fiberglass on the front bumper is not an option on a daily driver.

The Fujin lip fits perfectly fine and needs only minor adjustments to fit each owners individual needs. Due to it being polyurethane it is much easier to work with compared to fiberglass and will take a pounding since I have personally put mine to the test on multiple occasions.

I wanted the Fujin lip to be the solution to many 97+ SC owners who desired a front lip for our rides that could take a beating from DD, made in the USA, and was affordable. It is hard to argue against it and I will always back Tony at Rideskinz and the product he has put out for us since he was the only person to step up and make us a quality product for a 16 year old car (I speak for 97 SCs and newer when I say that)....haha.
lets cut through the sales pitch and deal with the facts

The fujin is a big win replica that was offered at a discount for a group buy in a different material , then after all the suckers put up money for the group buy it was then sold significantly cheaper on e bay a few weeks later.

Nice lip, but a pure slap to big win and the original group buyers..
Old 04-23-13, 03:24 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's not go down the Authentic vs. Replica road. There are too many threads that has been locked for the very reason.

I am simply happy that someone from our own community has successfully stood up to offer another lip option for our cars. (*97+.)(**SC forum was notorious for not coming through on group buys.) And not only is the lip in the right shape, material, and price that everyone desired, it is sold on eBay for even cheaper price. What's not to like? (Price discrimination on initial buyers are to be expected. Simple economics.)

Just so it's clear, I do not gain anything from informing others on forum about the lip on my car. This is not a sales pitch. This is sharing information with the community because I love this forum.
Old 04-23-13, 09:48 AM
Acura2Lex
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Big Win for the Win
Old 04-23-13, 10:08 AM
mattjk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyone's information

I'm going to order the Big Win lip from Carson Toyota.

I was quoted 320 for shipping. Let me know if anyone wants to order one, they said it would be $320 to ship any quantity. Thanks
Old 04-23-13, 09:02 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
lets cut through the sales pitch and deal with the facts

The fujin is a big win replica that was offered at a discount for a group buy in a different material , then after all the suckers put up money for the group buy it was then sold significantly cheaper on e bay a few weeks later.

Nice lip, but a pure slap to big win and the original group buyers..
Like uras300 already mentioned it is simple economics that those who wish to have an item at an earlier time then others will pay a bit more. Then if you are able to wait you will be able to get the same thing at a lower price. How many times do we see this happen with clothing, purses, shoes, etc.?

I don't think this is a slap to big win at all. Tell them to lower their product to a more affordable price for todays market and I would have been interested and even then still hesitated since it is fiberglass. Do we bash Shine Auto for making replicas of many different Japanese name brands here in the states? No. As a matter of fact the US market embraces Shine Auto in many different car communities since they turn out a good products made of better materials.

At the end of the day the Fujin lip is an option for those who wish to purchase it. If you don't want to and want the real thing then be my guest. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference and I chose the Fujin lip.
Old 05-02-13, 03:37 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They look the same, but the Big Win appears just a bit bigger (than Fujin); maybe a lil' too big even (for the car).
For that, I say Fujin is nicer.
Old 05-02-13, 04:01 PM
8BitSinner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are nice lips,but you cant rock a fiberglass lip in some citys and a DD. Vegas has some torn up streets and I know i wouldnt want fiberglass here. Everyones got different needs,no need to bash for replica.
Old 05-02-13, 06:42 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Matt, hey congrats on pulling the trigger...please post us some pics once you're lip is installed.

steve