SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-13, 06:40 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?

Hi,
What do these Work wheels need for perfect fitment?
Ultimately I am re-lipping them. Temporarily I may use spacers.
Are they OK where they are?
If not, what size spacers would bring these wheels to the sweet spot?

EDIT! I AM OVER THE SPACERS. I WILL JUST RE-LIP THEM. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.
Attached Thumbnails I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?-workonlift1.jpg   I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?-rear1big.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-22-13 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-21-13, 07:14 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends, what offset are those Works?
Old 04-21-13, 07:30 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

No spacers, just step lip em to a bigger more fitted size. Dont waste money on spacers...
Old 04-21-13, 09:13 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aint no body got time fo spacers. Get them built fairly aggressive and to get a 100% spot on fitment youll have to pull or roll your fenders alittle bit...
Old 04-21-13, 10:43 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well my fronts clear perfectly with 9.5 0 offset, I think the rears will fit for sure if you get like 10.5 +20 or so (Mine are +5, I'mm try and shave it to +10 and camber to -5).
Old 04-21-13, 10:45 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
No spacers, just step lip em to a bigger more fitted size. Dont waste money on spacers...
Are these 17s? I have 18s and they fit pretty well (19s fit best though)

But yeah, I agree with step lip. Polished step lip is the nicest if you ask me
Old 04-21-13, 11:16 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

yep im with toobs, dont bother man with or without spacers wont make a difference , relip those in some 5-6 inch step lips and then you will be nice
Old 04-22-13, 05:56 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Default Good Advise! Thanks Guys

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
It depends, what offset are those Works?
+45 rear
Got it! I'll put that money/time into the re-lipping. Yours look SICK! (instagram)
Originally Posted by levie
aint no body got time fo spacers. Get them built fairly aggressive and to get a 100% spot on fitment youll have to pull or roll your fenders alittle bit...
Haha! OK, I'm on that! I got time fo LIPS!
Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
Well my fronts clear perfectly with 9.5 0 offset, I think the rears will fit for sure if you get like 10.5 +20 or so (Mine are +5, I'mm try and shave it to +10 and camber to -5).
That is useful as my rears are 9.5. I am possibly going to put the rear on the front and just re-lip the front wheels to a nice rear size. With a similar lip, this may look OK.
Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
Are these 17s? I have 18s and they fit pretty well (19s fit best though)
But yeah, I agree with step lip. Polished step lip is the nicest if you ask me
They are 18's. They look a little smallish perhaps because I am at stock (but drooped a bit) suspension height. I may not step it so It matches the other lip if I can get away with just doing 2 of them.
Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
yep im with toobs, dont bother man with or without spacers wont make a difference , relip those in some 5-6 inch step lips and then you will be nice
You just did that didn't you? You got some huge ones put on if I remember correctly. I've got to look for that thread again for research. What did it cost you total?
Old 04-22-13, 06:43 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the wheel width?

If they're 9.5 with a +45, even 25mm spacers won't make them sit flush if that's the look you want. Put your stocks back on, remove the tires. ship them off to get relipped, have them back in 4-5 weeks. You can do it man, I know you're excited and want these wheels to fit with minimal effort, but using 25mm spacers all around isn't the answer.
Old 04-22-13, 12:42 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tabaka
What is the wheel width?

If they're 9.5 with a +45, even 25mm spacers won't make them sit flush if that's the look you want. Put your stocks back on, remove the tires. ship them off to get relipped, have them back in 4-5 weeks. You can do it man, I know you're excited and want these wheels to fit with minimal effort, but using 25mm spacers all around isn't the answer.
They are 9.5 rear and 9 or 8.5 front. They look like they are within an inch of the widest part of the body, very close to flush unless I am not getting something.

Maybe the cars I like visually, actually have lots of poke.

I am over the spacers. I think i will order the lips online, then have a local shop do them the same day.

Thanks for the good advice.

GOT THOSE SIDES OFF YESSSSSSS!
TAILS THIS WEEK, THEN 95 BUMPER AFTER I FIND A LIP. (GOT ONE?)
Attached Thumbnails I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?-brear2lot.jpg   I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?-bside2.jpg   I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?-brear1.jpg   I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?-bside1.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-22-13 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-22-13, 12:52 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
They are 9.5 rear and 9 or 8.5 front. They look like they are within an inch of the widest part of the body, very close to flush unless I am not getting something.

Maybe the cars I like visually, actually have lots of poke.

I am over the spacers. I think i will order the lips online, then have a local shop do them the same day.

Thanks for the good advice.

GOT THOSE SIDES OFF YESSSSSSS!
TAILS THIS WEEK, THEN 95 BUMPER AFTER I FIND A LIP. (GOT ONE?)
nice man your car is lookin really nice with those wheels and the sides gone

And yes I did the same thing,,,I ordered 2 --6 inch lips for around $550, but I had to pay $150 duty fees that u wont have too.

If I were you id move your 9.5's to the front and re lip the 8.5's with a 6 inch lip, that should make them 11's or 12's

That would be the cheapest way for you, and after seein more pics u might not need to get a step lip , once your car i lowered it will filll alot of that gap

(edit) your wheels are only 17's so they will be much cheaper then mine, call Andy at MC3 Wheels

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 04-22-13 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-22-13, 01:10 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
nice man your car is lookin really nice with those wheels and the sides gone

And yes I did the same thing,,,I ordered 2 --6 inch lips for around $550, but I had to pay $150 duty fees that u wont have too.

If I were you id move your 9.5's to the front and re lip the 8.5's with a 6 inch lip, that should make them 11's or 12's

That would be the cheapest way for you, and after seein more pics u might not need to get a step lip , once your car i lowered it will filll alot of that gap

(edit) your wheels are only 17's so they will be much cheaper then mine, call Andy at MC3 Wheels
I'm going to see what you have to do to make them fit before going with 6 inches. Ill be aiming for 6 or just a bit less if fitment is an issue for you.

They are 18 by the way. This is printed on them:

WORK VS-ZF
18x9.5JJ P.C.D 114.3 offset +45 00.10.16

Can't wait to see yours!
Old 04-22-13, 01:36 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

9.5 front will require a 0 offset to sit flush. out back shoot for a 10.5 0 offset and you will be flush with only a roll and a lil camber out back. if you don't want camber or too much stretch a +6 offset out back would be great.

the front might get away with a combo of the inner n outer barrels from what you have. then once you get that figure out what you want the back to be n just get new barrels.
Old 04-22-13, 02:03 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

9.5 front will require a 0 offset to sit flush. out back shoot for a 10.5 0 offset and you will be flush with only a roll and a lil camber out back. if you don't want camber or too much stretch a +6 offset out back would be great.

the front might get away with a combo of the inner n outer barrels from what you have. then once you get that figure out what you want the back to be n just get new barrels.
xxtoobsxx,
I don't speak fluent 'fitment" yet so your last sentence flew right over my head, sorry. Please elaborate in simpler terms when you get a minute. I did not know i had to change the berrel. I thought i just removed the old lip and add the new larger lip, then bang in the face of the wheel..

PS: I don't mind a little camber if it won't seriously reduce the life of my tires. I don't mind a little stretch if it doesn't diminish safety. I'd prefer to be able to use the 285/35ZR18's and 255/35's I just purchased.

Thanks in advance for the fitment schooling.

EDIT: I looked a few things up and I think I understand now.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-22-13 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-22-13, 05:40 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

keep in mind that the difference beetween 8.5/9.5 to 9.5 /10.5 is really nothing noticable

if your going to spend the money to re lip the only way to make it worth while is to go very agreesive

it will help your re sale value as well , do what i did and jump head first into an agressive size and make them work

remember mine are 20's so i have to do more fender mods then you will have to

11's or 12's out back wont be much of a problem especially at stock hieght

Quick Reply: I Will Re-Lip These Works, What Size Spacers Until Then?