SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Opinion on these wheels options

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-13, 07:33 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They're so ef n nice, and I think they'll look good on your SC....do it! And then sale me your TTs! lol

steve
Old 04-25-13, 08:49 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels are paid for and will be here next week will keep you guys updated. Thanks Chase350
Old 04-25-13, 09:40 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Says the guy with knock-offs.

Look up iForged.

One wheel will wipe out an entire set off XXR's in price and quality since we are on the subject.

Get them, no tire stretch, keep them forever.

/Thread.
The tread clearly asked for opinions...why try and bash the guy who was smart enough to not spend more than his car is worn on wheels just because his tastes are different than the op?
Old 04-25-13, 10:31 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Well I don't think they look ghetto by any means. They are more of a luxury rim than a sport rim. Guess he was just trying to defend the fact that those wheels aren't ghetto.
Old 04-25-13, 10:34 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think they look bad, but I think there are better wheels to get
Old 04-25-13, 10:37 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Yea I wanted works vsxx but everyone has them. If I keep them I might powder coat the faces a different color. We will see what I want to do with them.
Old 04-25-13, 10:51 PM
Acura2Lex
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Dooooooooo Eeeeeeeeeet
Old 04-25-13, 10:57 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Those are going to look NICE, just don't do the stupid lower the car 1" off the ground with horrible negative camber mod along with it.
Old 04-25-13, 11:01 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

I can't do the stance look /massive neg camber thing. I am planning on pushing 500+ whp on my sc na-t. I wanted these wheels because it was 19x11 in the rear so i can fit some 305 tires on them. I am running full size tires with them and a pull on the fenders for them to fit in the rear. I figure since the car is getting a respray i better do all the minor body mods if any now before it gets resprayed.
Old 04-25-13, 11:35 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Says the guy with knock-offs.

Look up iForged.

One wheel will wipe out an entire set off XXR's in price and quality since we are on the subject.

Get them, no tire stretch, keep them forever.

/Thread.
see, why do we have to always take things personally? I clearly stated that I'm sure they're good wheels. I'm familiar with iForged. IMO the wheels don't flow too well with the body lines of the SC. But I might be wrong. And there is absolutely no need to bash my wheel choice. My 521's have been holding up great and are a fantastic choice for the money. I don't understand just how a $4k set of wheels do anything better then my $700 set. But that is neither here nor there.

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
The tread clearly asked for opinions...why try and bash the guy who was smart enough to not spend more than his car is worn on wheels just because his tastes are different than the op?
Thank You. I bought my XXR's because my plan all along was to save up money to buy a 1 of 120 SC300. And I did. And I'm building it to be NA-T as well. However, I also wanted to keep my SC400 and make it look nice.

I was just giving some constructive criticism. No offense to anyone. Real talk. I'm just not one of those 'yes men'
Old 04-25-13, 11:51 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

They aren't new. They are gently used. I couldn't pay that much for wheels. 4k is way to much money if I hit a pot hole and ruin them. It's all good. Just wanted some opinion. Worst case I can just sell them, but I hope they look good. I have seen some guys with rims like it. Teelex and some other so I hope I made a good choice.

Good luck on your na-t build. I'm working on my na-t build right now as well. Need more traction. Lol
Old 04-26-13, 06:24 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
see, why do we have to always take things personally? I clearly stated that I'm sure they're good wheels. I'm familiar with iForged. IMO the wheels don't flow too well with the body lines of the SC. But I might be wrong. And there is absolutely no need to bash my wheel choice. My 521's have been holding up great and are a fantastic choice for the money. I don't understand just how a $4k set of wheels do anything better then my $700 set. But that is neither here nor there.

Thank You. I bought my XXR's because my plan all along was to save up money to buy a 1 of 120 SC300. And I did. And I'm building it to be NA-T as well. However, I also wanted to keep my SC400 and make it look nice.

I was just giving some constructive criticism. No offense to anyone. Real talk. I'm just not one of those 'yes men'
Me neither, you just got butt hurt when comparing your xxr's to a set of iForges, cause this is the second time, you quoted me.

Apples to Oranges. Oh well.
Old 04-26-13, 08:27 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
They aren't new. They are gently used. I couldn't pay that much for wheels. 4k is way to much money if I hit a pot hole and ruin them. It's all good. Just wanted some opinion. Worst case I can just sell them, but I hope they look good. I have seen some guys with rims like it. Teelex and some other so I hope I made a good choice.

Good luck on your na-t build. I'm working on my na-t build right now as well. Need more traction. Lol
Thank you good sir, and I'm following your build thread and using it as inspiration. Respect for doing things the right way with it!

Me neither, you just got butt hurt when comparing your xxr's to a set of iForges, cause this is the second time, you quoted me.

Apples to Oranges. Oh well.
I dont know what you mean by quoting you a second time.... And I have no hurt feelings from comments made by immature individuals who lack class. Once again, there was no reason for personal attacks. I will not be jacking jwin's thread, so I'm dropping it.
Old 05-15-13, 10:23 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Should look nice on a sc with a good stance
Old 05-15-13, 10:47 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Doesn't the guy from titan motorsports with the 850hp sc300 have these same wheels but black.

Quick Reply: Opinion on these wheels options