SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I want a SC 400

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-02, 02:13 AM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lsportline43,

Don't give up on your dream and don't settle for average!
Old 12-31-02, 03:04 AM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well with that said

Good luck

Buddy of mine is selling his if your want it sooner hehe
Old 12-31-02, 03:14 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

i turn 15 in february
Old 12-31-02, 03:33 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your first car should always be a POS or very slow, that's just good practice. Fast/nice cars and young rookie drivers always lead to trouble with tickets, accidents, and possibly carjacking. Besides, once you've driven a car like a Cavalier for a whole year, you'll REALLY appreciate a Lexus SC400 .

I had ambitions like you at 15, although my tastes weren't as rich, but I'm glad I never bought myself a blown SS Camaro because I'd probably be too dead to write this post .
Old 12-31-02, 03:41 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Come on give the kid a break, Lsportline43 I think if you really like the SC400 this much you shouldn't let what anyone else says stop you from getting one. I am 17 and I have a 95 sc400, and so far I have managed to pay for all my expenses besides for my insurance which my parents pay for. I also think that I deserve driving my SC just as much as anyone 18 or older does, and I don’t see why a 15 year old can't want an SC. I might be wrong but aren’t you people the grown-ups and aren’t you supposed to encourage younger people who want to do something to do it, and not just make fun of them. Well anyway that’s just my two cents.

By the way lex400sc is right I started out with a 91 honda accord, its always good to have a car you can parctice on before you go on to bigger and better cars.

Last edited by Lexiss_sc430; 12-31-02 at 03:46 AM.
Old 12-31-02, 04:15 AM
lexsoarer400
Rookie

i don't understand why so many people on this post hate anyone under 18 that has an SC, i'm 16 and i have a 93 SC400, i'm paying for it, can't afford much else right now but i don't have to worry about insurance cause my parents pay for that but it only went up like 15 cause i was driving my moms 96 SC300 before and i liked her car so much i wanted the same one, i don't drive bad, maybe a lil' fast but no faster then any teenager would drive and i think i drive better when i'm driving fast cause i'm paying attention more then when i'm driving slower i'm looking around more and not paying attention much. i think he should get it if he has the money and the upgrades will come with time
Old 12-31-02, 04:16 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

I just want an SC 400 for MY first car. I plan on modify it during high school and drive by my junior year in college. I have a garage for it and I don't plan on driving it in high school. And I won't pay for the insurance until I do drive it. I probably will drive my sister's car (eclipse), my father's car (4Runner), or my mother's car (taurus). I'll drive a bad car, but I least I known I have the Lexus SC 400 for later.
Old 12-31-02, 07:10 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

hey, it's all possible for him to get a good sc400. i got mines for 11k here in cali with 92k miles on it. i'm only 18yrs old and it's possible to do some simple mods to the car, i've done full piaa bulbs replacements, tokicos, eibach, and ss brake lines wit potenzas. sure the insurance is a pain as well as the gas mileage (hence the thread askin for improvement in gas mileage) but there's always a way if you truly want it. Besides, my 95 sc400 is my first car, never reallie started out small i guess... still no accidents *knock on wood* and only 1 tix... all in all.... just keep ur mind focused on what you want and you'll get it
Old 12-31-02, 06:45 PM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are right... I guess I started out big myself..
when I was 15 my first car was a new Mercedes S500, and after my first Drive-By Shooting, the Godfather promoted me in the Family business. After a while Uncle Tony said "You know.. Yooz like a Son tuh me, I just wanned tuh let yooz knowz thatz"

I said "Thanks Tony, Give me some cash money"

Now I am all mature and olderz, and i'm handlin the family business real well. We get all the respect and no other mob...errg I mean Family can mess with us!

oh yeah.. Now i'm pimpin the SC400

Point of Story...

Illigal Activity can get you real nice stuff at a real young age..

Last edited by 2Lexus430s; 12-31-02 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-31-02, 07:10 PM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

When I look for used SC 400s I usually see alright prices. Here you say its at least $13,000, but on Auto Trader I've seen a SC 400 go for about $9,500 and it only had 66,000 miles. That was a rare cause, but usually they are about $8,500-$10,000 for a SC 400 with 90,000-150,000 miles. Maybe there some catch to it. Please tell me why there is a difference in the price you say and the prices on Auto Trader.
Old 12-31-02, 10:46 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

tealLexusSc400... i don't kno why you think that the only way to get something you want is to go through illegal methods... I've been workin since 15, 16, and saved up all my money to get what i wanted... when the time came, turns out that i saved more than what was needed for the car so i was able to get the mods. 3 to 4 years of accumulating money from work and maybe doing lil house hold chores here and there as well as saving up every lil penny got me where i am at now... so lsportline it'll be tough but it's very possible... just keep your eye on the prize
Old 01-01-03, 05:33 AM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lsportline43
When I look for used SC 400s I usually see alright prices. Here you say its at least $13,000, but on Auto Trader I've seen a SC 400 go for about $9,500 and it only had 66,000 miles. That was a rare cause, but usually they are about $8,500-$10,000 for a SC 400 with 90,000-150,000 miles. Maybe there some catch to it. Please tell me why there is a difference in the price you say and the prices on Auto Trader.
Generally if you are buying a SC400 for a real low price with low miles it has either been salvaged, or it is in need of ALL of its Services.. If that is the case, then you will spend Gobs of money bringing it up to par....

Remember the old saying, "If its sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Example of services:
Timing Belt
Spark Plugs and Cables
Radiator
Tranny Seals
Rear End Seals
Water Pump
Alternator
Power Steering Pump
IAC Valve

and many more....

You might find a good deal with everything in great working order that has been taken care off.... But be very carefull and questionable when searching... DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTION ON SERVICE THAT HAS BEEN DONE! Always ask for records.
Old 01-01-03, 05:34 AM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LexAnt
tealLexusSc400... i don't kno why you think that the only way to get something you want is to go through illegal methods... I've been workin since 15, 16, and saved up all my money to get what i wanted... when the time came, turns out that i saved more than what was needed for the car so i was able to get the mods. 3 to 4 years of accumulating money from work and maybe doing lil house hold chores here and there as well as saving up every lil penny got me where i am at now... so lsportline it'll be tough but it's very possible... just keep your eye on the prize
Hmm.. Probably because that was a joke J. O. K. E.

Gosh, I feel old now
Old 01-01-03, 04:56 PM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Question

Maybe I should drive a slow car to start out with. Just so I can get a feel on driving. I'll use it for work and school. The problem is how old the SC will be by the time I'm ready for it. I will be getting my driving permit in feb. of 2004. And after working and saving money, the SC 400 will have been discontinued 6-7 years ago. What I want to know is will the SC still be what it is to me today? And what if they discontinue the Auto Couture kit or or discontinue parts for the SC. That would make it harder to mod.
Old 01-01-03, 05:47 PM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lsportline43
Maybe I should drive a slow car to start out with. Just so I can get a feel on driving. I'll use it for work and school. The problem is how old the SC will be by the time I'm ready for it. I will be getting my driving permit in feb. of 2004. And after working and saving money, the SC 400 will have been discontinued 6-7 years ago. What I want to know is will the SC still be what it is to me today? And what if they discontinue the Auto Couture kit or or discontinue parts for the SC. That would make it harder to mod.
Fear not young one, As all cars age you benifit by getting a newer model at a lower price..

For instance, there are still SEVERAL 97-2000 models around that will be much lower in price by that time.

AND, several other companys will have come out with body kits for this car, so you will have a greater selection to choose from.. I can bet that AutoContour will still have their kit (As long as it makes money, they will sell it)...

Quick Reply: I want a SC 400