SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I want a SC 400

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-02, 09:20 PM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I want a SC 400

I am 15 years old and i'm wondering what it takes to own a SC 400. Things like car insurance and the money that it will take to buy one. I have a sister that spent $6,600 on an Eclipse. Now she seems like she is broke. I would have to spend at least $10,000 for a late model SC 400. I want a Black SC 400. I would really want 21 inch Giovanna Dramas, but i know that won't happen so i'll go for the 20 inch Axis Alegis Chrome. I also want an Auto Couture kit, some type of stereo system upgrade, Alpine TV, DVD player(PS2), TV tuner, Exhaust, new leather, Clear Corners LED tail lights Half Red and half clear, X5's OEM retrofit, Black Chrome emblems, Yokohama AVS Sport, Eibach Pro-Kit 1 inch lowered, Endless Brakes, and any suggestions that you give me.
I want to know how much you've spent and how much you think i will have to spend.
Old 12-29-02, 11:01 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

assuming u can find a sc400 for 10k. the mods u have seem to add up to another 10k. so total might be 20k. i am overestimating on the mods and underestimating on the car.
Old 12-30-02, 12:02 AM
Lexgendboi
Driver

hey man...where u work at?? Can u hook me up with the job u got?? Oh...and for all the mods u listed....they're well over 10k that is if u do go with the highend stuff, in which case i know u would...So...let me know man...i need a job like yours...
Old 12-30-02, 12:08 AM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

While your at it, you should get a Supercharger and a turbocharger...

I would have problems with that fitment, or even making it work, but you seem to have unlimited funding, so pay someone and give us the results..

There should be a law that prevents anyone under 18 from driving a SC400.... Just my opinion though
Old 12-30-02, 12:11 AM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: I want a SC 400

I would really want 21 inch Giovanna Dramas, but i know that won't happen so i'll go for the
20 inch Axis Alegis Chrome. <--$3200 (Tires/wheels)
Auto Couture kit, <--$3000-4000 (Paint and Bodywork)
some type of stereo system upgrade, <--$2000ish
Alpine TV, <--$1000 (Plus Installation)
DVD player(PS2), <--$200 (plus installation)
TV tuner,<--$150ish (Plus Installation)
Exhaust,<-- $600ish (custom work)
new leather, <-- $800ish (Plus Installation)
Clear Corners LED tail lights Half Red and half clear, <--Free (of you do it yourself)
X5's OEM retrofit, <-- $800ish
Black Chrome emblems, <--$200ish
Yokohama AVS Sport, <-- See Wheel Comment
Eibach Pro-Kit 1 inch lowered, <--$340ish
Endless Brakes, <-- $1200+

and any suggestions that you give me.
I want to know how much you've spent and how much you think i will have to spend.

Ok, so far you have listed around $13,500 in parts alone.. And a good low milage SC400 should run you around $13,000..... Good Luck, Must be nice to be independantly wealthy at such a young age.. BTW: to answer your first question--> a Drivers License.

Last edited by 2Lexus430s; 12-30-02 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-30-02, 12:12 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

i think the SC is a well enough car to begin with that you may not need all the uprgrades you want. Some of those upgrades are things you can do without....
Old 12-30-02, 12:39 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

anyone under 18?! No SC?! That means I'd be out.. but I'll have you know... saving up for 3 years to buy the car for cash, and now i'm workin about 30 hours a week ontop of school, and buying everything I want to mod it, pretty good plan don't you think? Working out so far
Old 12-30-02, 12:42 AM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

Great plan, good job... But.... Get rid of the neons PLEEZE!!! Leave the underlights for the Civics!
Old 12-30-02, 04:00 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a 15 year old is dreaming too much in his sleep..When you get older and look back at what you wrote on this forum, you'll probably think its pretty silly.

On the positive side of this, at least you have a plan on what you may want to accomplish when you actually get a drivers license and a actual "job". By job I mean working from 9-5 job that actually pays for all your expenses. By that time, you won't have enough money to put ten grand worth of stuff in your car. Because you'll probably in debt like millions of other Americans are experiencing in this country.

In conclusion, before you think about putting all that those mods in your car, consider thinking about reality for a change. It might actually help you reconsider on what you want to do. The real world sucks.

We can't all have everything we want but its a great satisfaction to work towards what your little heart desires. Good luck.
Old 12-30-02, 04:13 AM
Miles B
Hyundai Driver

Awww go easy on the kid... don't you guys remember being fifteen?? "I'm gonna get this and that and those and WHOAAA that!!!"... at least he/she does his/her research.

I remember being fifteen. Heck, I still AM fifteen at heart. Just now I have a job that can buy all the stupid crap I see.... did I mention the hovercraft I am building? It's super mad.
Old 12-30-02, 05:39 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

At least Lsportline43 has a vision, so don't give up on your goal, just work to achieve it lol., btw, he did not say he wants it done all at once, he can add one thing at a time until the whole project is completed.

Definetly, stay in school and get a good job would help a great deal in order to achieve your dreams faster.
Old 12-30-02, 08:47 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

If you are under 21 yrs. Please get a used Honda Civic for now. Its not that you can not get a SC400, the cost of up keeping is high. Lexus parts are very expensive along with labor. Drive a honda for now and get a Lexus later on.
Old 12-30-02, 08:57 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

add up to that insurance for your age bracket..... and service would eat you alive, get a 300 and work on it yourself then you might save some money < and turbo it while you are at it..>
Old 12-30-02, 11:17 PM
JMack
Driver School Candidate

Default You can

Sc's are not just cooool... they are an 'artwork of engineering'.

Keep the picture of that car in your head.

Create more value to society than you consume... and that car will come to you.

-Dreams... A rock in the future to grab, and pull ourself foward-
Old 12-30-02, 11:37 PM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

I wouldn't say I'm the average 15 year old. I LOVE Lexus and my favorite Lexus is the SC 400. I don't care if I can't even drive it because I can't afford the gas and the insurance. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy. I have bought Lexus keychains, lexus plate frames, and other lexus accesories already. I've been into lexus cars since I was serious about cars. I always knew that Lexus Automobiles are serious cars.
My family isn't what you would call wealthy and the only cars that my family has had are four cylinder and front wheel drive. I don't want to be driving around in something like that. I'd rather walk. I do understand that a job is hard and money doesn't grow from trees, but I really don't see were all my money is goin go if I don't get a Lexus. The money that I do have is already going into something that has to do with Lexus.

Quick Reply: I want a SC 400