SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-13, 06:52 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

OK!
My Shine sides ship tomorrow. That changes the question.

What rears (other than the Shine bumper) work with the Shine sides.

Looks to me, they are bigger than 97+ but smaller than Vertex etc.

What rear lower spoilers would line up nicely?

I assume the 97+ will be small next to the Shine.

I hope to save a few bucks just getting a lower spoiler as I already have a 95 bumper and a 97+ bumper. I'd prefer not to go thru 3 bumpers to get it right.

SG
Old 06-11-13, 09:26 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

I sold the 97+ Kit and purchased a Wise Lip and Shine Sides. I am still looking for an appropriate lower rear spoiler that will fit those parts nicely.
Old 06-14-13, 10:25 AM
rsscdsgn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Don't get a lip or the 97 rear if you plan to stick with 97 sides. Go straight for the shine bumper. It's $350+ shipping. It will be very close to matching your 97 sides. In fact, I believe it's just a hair above in measurement.

DO NOT GET THE RIDESKINS REAR LIP IT'S ABSOLUTE JUNK THAT DOESN'T FIT

You will hate yourself, hate your car, and hate America. You've done a good job of cleaning up and removing a crappy body kit from your car. Keep up the good work.
<<<----Rideskinz.... Tabaka, I also posted on the other group buy forum. During the manufacturing process, polyurethane will shrink a bit so that may be why its not fitting around your license plate. What year bumper do you have on your car? We have two different size rear lips, one for the 92-96 and the other for the 97+ Please email me with detailed pics and a description of the problems you are having with the rear lip (info@rideskinz.com).
Old 06-17-13, 05:46 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rsscdsgn
<<<----Rideskinz.... Tabaka, I also posted on the other group buy forum. During the manufacturing process, polyurethane will shrink a bit so that may be why its not fitting around your license plate. What year bumper do you have on your car? We have two different size rear lips, one for the 92-96 and the other for the 97+ Please email me with detailed pics and a description of the problems you are having with the rear lip (info@rideskinz.com).

BUM.................................P

Did this ever get sorted out? I am quite curious. I still want one if the problem has been figured out.
Old 06-17-13, 06:48 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm using a dremmel to fix the license plate area. Unfortunately it's battery powered and dies after 10 minutes of straight use. I like to use a sanding belt tip which is a slow process. I tried using a sanding disc but it simply shattered after a 1/4" depth. Basically you need to hack the entire license plate area off in order to possibly fit snug with double sided tape. The license plate area has a lip that causes the rear area to poke out and the double sided tape can't touch the bumper.

You can review the issue near the license plate area. It wings out and doesn't look very professional. As mentioned before, the rear lip is best in fiberglass because it would hold form. The poly is flimsy and gravity will take its toll unless you can properly shave the entire license plate area. The front lip is perfect and has zero issues.
Old 06-17-13, 08:49 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

I'm using a dremmel to fix the license plate area. Unfortunately it's battery powered and dies after 10 minutes of straight use. I like to use a sanding belt tip which is a slow process. I tried using a sanding disc but it simply shattered after a 1/4" depth. Basically you need to hack the entire license plate area off in order to possibly fit snug with double sided tape. The license plate area has a lip that causes the rear area to poke out and the double sided tape can't touch the bumper.

You can review the issue near the license plate area. It wings out and doesn't look very professional. As mentioned before, the rear lip is best in fiberglass because it would hold form. The poly is flimsy and gravity will take its toll unless you can properly shave the entire license plate area. The front lip is perfect and has zero issues.
I can see what is going on. Thank you for posting!
Old 06-17-13, 09:37 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

I should have the dremmel operation completed by this weekend and try a test fit once more. I'll keep you in the loop.
Old 06-17-13, 09:44 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

I should have the dremmel operation completed by this weekend and try a test fit once more. I'll keep you in the loop.
Thank You Sir!
----------------
PS: First long drive in the Sc this weekend. Down to Mc lean, VA. Is that anywhere near you?
Nice roads down there but everyone is afraid to speed.
Must be cameras, because I saw no cops to justify this flagrant rule following.
Old 06-17-13, 04:08 PM
Roaddemon
Driver School Candidate

Default look

hmm sounds good
Old 06-17-13, 04:28 PM
rsscdsgn
Banned

I can kinda see what you are referring to. Is it a matter of grinding off excess material on the back side? Any way you can take some more detailed/ up close pics? This lip was basically made from an original Erebuni fiberglass rear lip that fit perfect. So it might be an issue with manufacturing. They have to expand the mold in order to make up for the polyurethane shrinkage
Old 06-22-13, 07:07 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally Posted by rsscdsgn
I can kinda see what you are referring to. Is it a matter of grinding off excess material on the back side? Any way you can take some more detailed/ up close pics? This lip was basically made from an original Erebuni fiberglass rear lip that fit perfect. So it might be an issue with manufacturing. They have to expand the mold in order to make up for the polyurethane shrinkage
If you guys can make it better now, why don't you send him another one. You said you see the problem with the product. .
I'd love to see that thing fit and a serious enthusiast happy. You get him a fitting lip and i will buy one as well.
Old 06-22-13, 07:41 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

The rear lip is under the knife (or dremmel) at this time. My stupid battery powered dremmel only gives me about 10 straight minutes of full torque and then it slowly dies on me. I'm probably about half way there and might wrap it up tomorrow and try another test fit. I do however need to buy another roll of 3M double sided tape.
Old 06-24-13, 07:03 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Dremmeled the entire rear section around the license plate area and it's much better. However, I having an issue with the 3M double sided tape. I used the gray exterior stuff and it's stretching like gum from the weight. This damn rear lip is driving me crazy lol.
Old 06-24-13, 08:42 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Dremmeled the entire rear section around the license plate area and it's much better. However, I having an issue with the 3M double sided tape. I used the gray exterior stuff and it's stretching like gum from the weight. This damn rear lip is driving me crazy lol.
DAMN! Keep fighting the good fight. I think you can win! (I still think they should send you a new improved one)!

Thanks for the update!

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-13, 09:21 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

The best way to install this lip is to buy the Shine rear bumper lol. Don't bother with this, it's a big hassle. I don't want my money back or a trade.

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?