Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might be the regulators.. about 80 bucks
Old 07-03-05, 01:49 AM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jalex
I have a similar problem. Both windows and the moon roof stop working and I can't get any response from the buttons on either driver side or passenger side doors. Then I'll hit a bump or sharp curve and hear a buzzing sound come from around the steering column/dash area and everything will work again. Hit another bump, another buzzing sound, and everything cuts out again. Could this be a problem with the Theft Deterrant/Door lock ECU or Ignition Switch or wiring since these are the only things related to power windows and moon roof in the area of the buzzing sound?
HAving the same problem, but have not driven it so I dont know about going over a bump. Anyone figure it out?
Old 04-08-07, 04:20 PM
DSMpower
Rookie

Originally Posted by supathug
I did a search but didn't come up with anything that help.

Both the driver and passenger windows do not work. There is a buzzing noise coming from the master control switch when i try to roll up or down the windows but nothiong happens.

any help would been great.
The buzzing noise is a short somewhere along the harness. A very common place for the short or disconnection to occur is the where the door harness meets the frame of the car in the door jamb. All you have to do is cut back the rubber harness cover and search for a broken wire. Mine happened to be the ground which was white and black, other people have had problems with the pink wire which is the actual power. If everything else on the master control works but the windows (green lights, door locks are working) then most likely it is just the ground. if nothing is working, then most likely it is the pink power wire. All i did was extended the broken wire by soldering the same gauge wire to it and it works fine now. By the way, before my windows would only work when the door was open, because it would bring the disconnected wires together and when it was shut, it would separate the wires, loosing all connections. i hope this helps! *make sure you solder and tape everything up securely to prevent it from happening again in the future*

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-26-07, 11:39 AM
Mona
Driver School Candidate

Default I have a different window issue!

Hi everybody! My passenger window used to roll up and down with no problem-no buzzing, speed issues, nothing. Now, the driver switch NOR the passenger switch will pull the window UP but it will go down (motorized) just fine. I took it into lexus and they thought it was an "internal error" inthe passenger switch, but they ordered the part and that wasn't it.

Then every once in awhile when you press up, it would go up but it would go down... now, it is stuck half way down and nobody has any idea why sometimes the driver/passenger buttons will intermittently work..

any ideas, anyone? -it's not the regulator, it's not the switch.. is there like a single electrical wire that could be messed up that hooks up both switches to the window?

Please HELP!
Old 07-29-07, 05:31 AM
DrJones
Driver School Candidate

I can not thank you so much. This was the exact problem I was having. I had 2 broken wire in mine. Now everything work. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
Old 07-29-07, 07:40 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Not trying to hi-jack but my passenger window does not roll down. I tried to force it down but it won't move. No green light on switches and I no problems with wires underneath rubber harness in door jam. WHen I'm in the car and there is complete silence I'll hit the switch and I can hear a slight click in the passenger door. Help!
Old 07-30-07, 01:04 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have no clue if it's the motor or regulator but my passenger side could go down about an inch while it is slanted on one side?? took all the panels, trim, etc. off but couldn't get to the middle of the door(metal peice in the way)...any clue people??
Old 08-03-07, 01:41 PM
drewefx
Pole Position

my rear left hand window is not going down at all. I can hear a click click when i press the button but nothing coming down. The click is in the actual window so i figure maybe not that the window motor wokrs maybe not. Please advise
thanks
Old 08-03-07, 01:52 PM
ARISTO26
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it the regulator that does't work. let me so i can help u out.
Old 05-31-09, 02:02 PM
XSTeknique
Pole Position

Hate to bring old threads back to life, but I figure the older our cars get, the higher the likelihood others will have this same issue. I JUST got around to fixing my window problem. It was working slowly, then intermittently when the door was opened, only to eventually stop and start making buzzing noises. I spent 6 months with my windows closed and I fixed the problem in 10 min. Just cut the harness cover as specified above and solder, in my case the ground, wires back together. Odd thing is, my harness was in one piece, but the ground wire was connected by a small length black wire with wire connectors on each end. Guess it was a problem before. Just FYI for you other folks. Let's hope it stays together now. No more cooking inside my car in 95 degree Florida weather, while I'm waiting for the AC to get going. Thanks DSM power, your post saved me!
Old 06-06-09, 12:11 AM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by supathug
b1100xx, yes i fixed the problem, i went through everything and it all seems fine. so i cut the ground wire from the master control switch and ground it to the door and it works now.
i know this thread is old and it looks like this guy isnt around anymore but im asking in general. and please forgive me if this is a dumb question but would the ground for the switch be white/black like in the harness at the door opening in the rubber. because i noticed that there are more than one white/black wires after the harness in the door panel. or are they grounds to other things. i figured they were just multiple grounds and tried to ground mine to the battery and when i did the doors locked or unlocked couldnt tell so i dissconnected it and didnt try again fearing id mess something up.
so my window is stuck up, switched just click when pressing, tried wiring motor straight up jsut clicked, looked in the harness at the door but not good and didnt see anything and tried the above and i get nothing. is it my motor or am i missing something?
Old 11-17-09, 12:22 PM
glosson
Driver School Candidate

i am also having a problem with the passenger window these seems to be a common problem... does anyone have a link to a sticky or previous threads that have already covered this problem