SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Windows not working help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 04:58 PM
supathug
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Windows not working help!!

I did a search but didn't come up with anything that help.

Both the driver and passenger windows do not work. There is a buzzing noise coming from the master control switch when i try to roll up or down the windows but nothiong happens.

any help would been great.
Old 01-07-03, 05:29 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Dont have more detailing than this? Did the windows roll up and down slowly before this happened or did you take apart the panel or something? Did you just wake up one day and it suddenly stopped working and before it was working like the day you bought it? Kinda unlikely that both motors would got out at the same time. Check the connection and see it anythings disconnected or cut or something. Usually a buzzing sound like that is the sound of it working but being blocked or being stopped by something. Give more details tho
Old 01-08-03, 12:56 AM
lex_ga
Rookie

I also need help with mine. They are going up and down real slow, I can get from 0-60 faster than my windows go up. (well very close) what could i do to help it.
Old 01-08-03, 12:46 PM
Sc_Lee
Driver School Candidate

My window does that same thing!! It pisses me off sometimes. It's only the driver side window. Sometimes it rolls down fine but most of the time, it goes up and down real slow. Also it comes down about an inch and then just stops and won't roll down anymore. Could it be the motor?
Old 01-08-03, 01:02 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've had 3 separate issueswith the windows.

1. Problem
driver side window was 1/2 the speed of the passenger side. the one day it stopped working.
1. Solution
Replaced window motor (solved)

2. Problem
both windows stopped working
2. Solution
replaced blown fuse (located in the kick panel) (solved)

3. problem
both windows stopped working and when i replaced the fuse it blew out again rightaway
3. Water had seeped into the driver side power window controls and was being shorted. I pulled it off with a towel rapped screwdriver and took it off. De-soldered the hot spot (part was browed) and re-soldered them. or you can just buy a new one (solved

the fuse that lexus uses for the power window is a special fuse and ver hard to get (dealer only item?).

I think this is a common issue with water seeping into the power window controls. To prevent this you should not open the window when raining or while wiping your window during low speed.
Also there seems to be tendency for water dropples to seep through the weatherproofing on the door. I still need to replace the weatherproofing. I'm sure that this will also quiet down the very faint windnoise I hear.
Old 01-08-03, 02:39 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also a $5 clip (order one for a toyota camry) that tends to break. That causes a cracking sound sometimes when operating the window. Someone a while back fixed it that way as well.
Old 01-08-03, 03:32 PM
supathug
Driver School Candidate

Last night I tested the window motor. I hooked it directly to a battery and reverse the polarity also and the the window went up and down so the motor is fine. I also tested the wire harness from the plug that goes into the master control switch to the relay and it show power. I'm thinking its a bad master control switch, so I order a new one for $122. It should be here on Friday, hopefully it'll solve the problem.

Thanks for the inputs.
Old 02-06-03, 10:39 AM
b1100xx
Driver School Candidate

Supathug, did that fix your problem? Mine doing the same thing, just buzzing from the control.
Old 02-07-03, 07:08 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my pass window takes 1 min to full open...
Does anyone know how much is the motor? it's different from the regulator right??
Old 02-07-03, 08:24 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the regulator, 120 shipped.
Old 02-10-03, 12:56 PM
supathug
Driver School Candidate

b1100xx, yes i fixed the problem, i went through everything and it all seems fine. so i cut the ground wire from the master control switch and ground it to the door and it works now.
Old 02-22-04, 12:12 AM
seemerise
Driver School Candidate

Same problem Bro.
Dealer (Price Leblanc in BR,LA) states it's "has wire harness damage past master switch"
$130.00 est.

What do U guys think?
Old 02-22-04, 05:21 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i think your switch may be bad. i never heard of a bad harness.
Old 02-22-04, 08:05 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

my regulator went this past week, i was driving and all of a sudden i heard thud. I thought someone threw something at my car... I opened the window and checked if i had any damage to my car and i couldn't find any. To my surprise when i tried to roll the window back up it didn't move.. I heard the motor working when i pressed the button but no movement.. I'm pissed cause the guy that replaced my regulator scratched up my tints somehow..
Old 08-12-04, 11:43 AM
jalex
Driver School Candidate

Cool

I have a similar problem. Both windows and the moon roof stop working and I can't get any response from the buttons on either driver side or passenger side doors. Then I'll hit a bump or sharp curve and hear a buzzing sound come from around the steering column/dash area and everything will work again. Hit another bump, another buzzing sound, and everything cuts out again. Could this be a problem with the Theft Deterrant/Door lock ECU or Ignition Switch or wiring since these are the only things related to power windows and moon roof in the area of the buzzing sound?

Quick Reply: Windows not working help!!