SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Random Positive Gestures From Random People When Driving Your SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-13, 01:21 PM
uppercase1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the homeless guy stories.

My first was 15 min after I bought my 93 SC3. After leaving the dealer I pulled into a stripmall to make a u-turn and an older gentlemen walked by and said "Nice car."

The other time was when I was at Americas Tire picking up my tires and the worker helping load them into it asked if I had swapped in a 3J....not even joking. He said his brother had put one in his SC4. I said cool and drove off.

I've only been challenged once to race...well not really race cus there was too much traffic, but a guy pulled up next me in a late 70's 280z lowered with an exhaust and wheels. He was reving his engine and gunning it when the light changed only to have to brake hard cus of traffic. He was only doing it because my gf was in the car. She did think the Z looked cool but thought he was a jackass. I never give those kinds of people the time of day.
Old 07-26-13, 01:35 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ever since i got my car i get stares everywhere .
I was rolling into the publix parking lot and a guy come out and ask me what year is my car i said 99, and he said it was really clean.
2nd time i was at a stop light i was was flagged down by some guy that was like Dude, awesome car! we should race!" i had to ignore the last part but he gave me props not the less.
Old 07-26-13, 01:54 PM
sclee00
Rookie

lol i love these stories

the first time was after washing my car with my buddies supra, an older gent rolls up and, gets out of his car come right up to me and just said nice car. at first i didnt notice,( was finger banging my wheels) i look up and i see the same car lol i just look at him and said thanks your car looks better though. its was the same green colored with the tan interior sc. made my day that day.

i gave my co worker a ride to work and all he ask me is what year is your car, 94. and he just looks at me and says i thought this car was a 08 model at least lol and we just both laughed, but i was laughing at him. but ill take that as a compliment

i guess not a compliment but i was asked by another co worker, i **** you not. "Where is your 240?" and i just gave him the most confused look i think i ever made. and me being me i just ask him what 240. he then goes and describes my car to me ie you know your green 240? at this point i figured he didnt know to much and i just told him it wasnt a 240, and just said it was a lexus. then the confused look came back to me as he thought i was lying and was about to try to convince me that my car was a 240. my friend steps in and says, "2jz no ****:" lol and we ended it there before i made fun of his intrestingly tasted modified 94 corolla.

rolling on the 15 heading north and getting reved at by a maita at this time i was in my current black/black 97. i guess thats how they say nice car, since a honda did the same to me in traffic a week before that. so ill take it as that.
heading to do a photo shoot with some friends and we stop at target, a truck rolls up. he just asked if i wanted to race his k24 swapped civic for money. out of no where.

Last edited by sclee00; 07-26-13 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-26-13, 03:31 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

I don't get jack s***. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world that likes my car.
Old 07-26-13, 03:46 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My SC breaks necks daily. Lol. I used to get a lot of gestures from people driving Land Rovers back when I had my old Disco. Now there is a tight knit community.
Old 07-26-13, 03:57 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
I don't get jack s***. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world that likes my car.
I hate your car. Worst design ever
Old 07-26-13, 09:32 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get gestures virtually everywhere I go. Gas stations, fast food joints, anywhere I go. From people looking over, walking pass and staring, over hearing comments, telling me nice car, chatting with me, etc. I love the attention I get. It's no Lamborghini, but seems like it is just as nice of a sighting.
Old 07-27-13, 01:24 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the best compliments is when people don't even know what car it is and even refuse to believe what year it was made! LOL That's just classic right there!
Old 07-28-13, 09:18 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
I get comps from co workers a lot, haters flip when can't pass me
A couple of my co-workers hate on my car, saying its a girl car and other jokes which i don't find funny, but then i realize one drives a '08 Toyota Sienna and the other drives a snot green ugly '98 Dodge Ram.

Other than that, i get asked "Why do you have wide wheels on the back? Aren't those FWD?", or "Nice 240sx!", and "Is that a Prelude?"
Old 07-28-13, 09:57 PM
Lokz
Driver

Originally Posted by uppercase1

The other time was when I was at Americas Tire picking up my tires and the worker helping load them into it asked if I had swapped in a 3J....not even joking. He said his brother had put one in his SC4. I said cool and drove off.

This is the best one i read soo far 3J SWAP

Everyone in my town dont really like my car because its not American. Even when i take it to university all my class mates talk **** on my car. Some of my class mates call it rice because of the 1JZ swap

I once pulled up at autozone and the whole staff came out of autozone to check my car out, that was one day i really felt good about my car.
The second time it was by this girl at my university saying all the people talk **** on you car because it looks nice. I dont know if that was to make me feel good or if she really meant it, but i'll take that as a compliment.

Im the only one in my town with an SC300. That alone makes me feel good.
Old 07-28-13, 11:21 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip

That's true. It's just plain immaturity and insecurity.

Bwahahahaha! ROFL That's hilarious!

I just remembered another one; I was eating at Mickey D's one time, and all of a sudden I see a kid crawling or squatting beside my SC. I walked out and asked him; is there a problem? And he politely said; no man, I was just admiring your set up, the fitment on this thing is incredible. I said thanks, then he hopped in his 240SX. Turns out he wasn't even gonna eat at McDonald's, he just stopped and parked to check out my SC. LOL
That's pretty funny actually
Old 07-28-13, 11:25 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by uppercase1

My first was 15 min after I bought my 93 SC3. After leaving the dealer I pulled into a stripmall to make a u-turn and an older gentlemen walked by and said "Nice car."

I've only been challenged once to race...well not really race cus there was too much traffic, but a guy pulled up next me in a late 70's 280z lowered with an exhaust and wheels. He was reving his engine and gunning it when the light changed only to have to brake hard cus of traffic. He was only doing it because my gf was in the car. She did think the Z looked cool but thought he was a jackass. I never give those kinds of people the time of day.
A 3J?!?! Lol. When one of those come out ill swap one too!! I'll make sure to get the 3JZ-GTE
Old 07-28-13, 11:29 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

I had the same compliment. A guy thought my car was a 08 as well. He was so confused that a 23 year old could own it. Then I told him the year and he was like. "Oh, that makes more sense"
Old 07-29-13, 07:24 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was at a car meet a few months ago and an 18 year old kid with a new Mustang stopped and looked at my car. He asked me what it was and I told him. Then he asked what year it was and I said "older than you lol".
Old 07-29-13, 07:30 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I was at a car meet a few months ago and an 18 year old kid with a new Mustang stopped and looked at my car. He asked me what it was and I told him. Then he asked what year it was and I said "older than you lol".
Good answer!!

Quick Reply: Random Positive Gestures From Random People When Driving Your SC