SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Random Positive Gestures From Random People When Driving Your SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-13, 10:16 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most people I see are just confused because they don't know what it is, some guy asked me the other day if it was an Acura because I have the front emblem removed.

for all the homeless compliments
Old 07-29-13, 11:07 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

The weirdest one I got was at a stop light this guy pulled up next to me and really complmented how nice the car looks, but then went on to tell me I needed bigger wheels... Thanks for the compliment I guess.. I mean who doesn't like tt wheels on an SC
Old 07-29-13, 11:38 AM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Random folks in all ages smiling & throwing thumbs up my way almost everyday. Recently had someone in a beater red saturn honking behind me like a mad man and almost cutting a guy off just to pull up beside me and give me two thumbs up and yell awesome ride duuude. Lotus owner smiled and threw me a thumbs up the other day too. Everyone loves my car.
Old 07-29-13, 12:13 PM
2o7SC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing as I work at a convenience store part time, my SC is always parked out front so I can keep an eye on it which also means I get plenty of compliments on it from the regulars. Being one of the only guys there they always seem to immediately know its mine. I've even had one middle aged woman snap some cellphone pictures of it while prepaying for gas
Old 07-29-13, 08:03 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Another thing I get a kick out of is when people don't know what car it is or what year it came out even though the SC was made for 10 years with little to minor modifications.
Old 07-29-13, 08:13 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

All I get is "Your car is that long?!" People always thought SC is short and compact.
Old 07-30-13, 05:22 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most recently I picked my daughter up from school and had severak kids point and smile whike they were on the bus. And another group of kids packed into a Ford Ranger gave me a thumbs up.
Old 07-30-13, 11:11 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I pulled up to a blue maserati gran turismo at a red light. A younger Asian girl was driving it by herself. We made eye contact and I said "I love your car!" She said, "thanks, I love yours too!" That made my night, getting complimented from a hot maserati driver
Old 07-30-13, 02:14 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Lots of compliments in this car haha, especially modded. From people giving nice hand gestures, to people yelling compliments at me while driving LOL, asking how I drive so low. Only thing I despised was when I was filling up gas, and someone thought my car was a Del Sol.... tore my heart a bit.
Old 07-30-13, 03:42 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts

i had a guy in an old v12 benz pull up at a gas station. complement me on the car and then proceed to showing me his engine bay.

another guy pulled up in a Honda at a red light and told me he used to have one with 18" rims and regretted getting rid of it.

and an old lady was vacuuming her car as i was washing mine and complemented me on my car and gave me wool rug for my interior as a present
Old 07-30-13, 06:49 PM
YanoYano
Driver

Originally Posted by vteruni
i had a guy in an old v12 benz pull up at a gas station. complement me on the car and then proceed to showing me his engine bay.

another guy pulled up in a Honda at a red light and told me he used to have one with 18" rims and regretted getting rid of it.

and an old lady was vacuuming her car as i was washing mine and complemented me on my car and gave me wool rug for my interior as a present
hell yeah man wool rug = +15 HP
Old 07-30-13, 08:19 PM
V8drummer
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it seems in the past year especially. I've had 2 people inquire about me selling it (one was a stoned kid who had been driving 10 under the speed limit in front of me for a while).

I've had a couple Nissan 240s and and a 300z give me thumbs up. A guy in a Lotus complemented my car and said he had a couple Sc's in the past. + numerous others.
Old 07-31-13, 10:34 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

I get a bunch of random comments that always make my day.
People get confused when I say it's a 92, and especially after I debadged with the griffin people get really confused. I personally love it.
Old 08-01-13, 01:50 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wen't to Sams Club last night and pulled up next to an old guy in the handicapped spot. After I closed my door and began walking away he said "Hey that's a nice car". I said thanks. He proceeded to ask me everything about it, and said it's one of the best body styles he's ever seen. I told him it wasn't worth repairing, and he said it was. He told me they must be rare as he's only seen a few before, and he is a car guy. He was doing everything but drooling over it, he was in his 60's, and said he just finished rebuilding an 88 Buick. Considering my car hasn't had a wash in a month and a half, was dirty as hell inside and out, that was quite a compliment.

Still looking for another SC....might get something better on gas mileage though, I just thought that was a nice compliment.
Old 08-01-13, 04:22 PM
OhHiChris
Rookie

I stopped by a shopping center to grab something to eat, I aired out my '99 sc300 (Yes, I am on air suspension) in my parking spot which was maybe two spots down from these two ladies. The two ladies approach my car and just started going off (my dump line where all the air goes out is outside of the car so you can hear it loudly that I am airing out), I live in Virginia and they were saying "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, is that thing on hydraulics or something? Are you from California?" And some other random stuff, I tried not to laugh.

Quick Reply: Random Positive Gestures From Random People When Driving Your SC