SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Quick question and thought

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-03, 11:57 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick question and though

i was just thinking about the JGTC supras and just remembered they run with the 3sgte motor.

would this be possible in our SC's? or even worth the money? as far as i know some parts would be cheaper and it can save the car a good amount of weight (though i dont know how much exactly)

i understand the usdm stock mr2 motor doesnt make as much power than a stock 2jzge but it would weigh less, allready turbocharged, and can be made to make a great deal of power with some work.

anyway, just wanted some thoughts on this. oh, and if something like this has been posted sorry, searched and didnt find much of anything.
Old 01-14-03, 01:21 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: quick question and though

Originally posted by .star.
i was just thinking about the JGTC supras and just remembered they run with the 3sgte motor.

would this be possible in our SC's? or even worth the money? as far as i know some parts would be cheaper and it can save the car a good amount of weight (though i dont know how much exactly)

i understand the usdm stock mr2 motor doesnt make as much power than a stock 2jzge but it would weigh less, allready turbocharged, and can be made to make a great deal of power with some work.

anyway, just wanted some thoughts on this. oh, and if something like this has been posted sorry, searched and didnt find much of anything.
Yes it is possible. If you're not planning on racing in Lemans then why do it?

Chris
Old 01-14-03, 02:00 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have thought about a 3sgte for some time now, weight being a fairly big factor(SC's are fat pigs ) and the power that the 3sgte puts down on the dyno is around 155-165 which is just a little less than the 2jzge . better weight balance (potently handle better) and with the loss in weight and power I would think the car would stay around the same speed and

I think its a good idea who knows I may try it

Last edited by SDSC300; 01-14-03 at 02:06 AM.