SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Should i let my SC to go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-13, 12:04 AM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i let my SC to go?

I got my SC in 2008 so It become 5 year to own my SC. I don't know if i will let my SC to go when she get on sale... Because i always want get next car for Lexus GS or IS 2gen.. I just want to share for my pictures to anyone.. so what do you think that?

This picture is old to present 2013...

I just curious how much my car will worth to sell it? because i spend thousand money into my car....
Old 08-31-13, 02:25 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say roughly between $3000-$4000 depending on mileage, etc etc etc.

You almost never get the money you spent on your car back.

And I would keep the SC, it's like no other car

Last edited by TheAzn; 08-31-13 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-31-13, 04:01 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

How many miles on it????

Also, why did you spray can the interior black??? It looks like **** IMO.

If you had focused your efforts on just restoring the interior back to its original glory in the original light tan colors it would've looked a lot hotter IMO. Most newer cars have that coal black interior which is so ****ing boring and plain IMO. The way Lexus did that two tone tan/brown interior was pretty damn nice IMO.

Here is my 1992 interior, 60k/21 years worth of wear, if you want to know how nice the original interior looked. IMO keep it original, **** the current ricer trends . . .

Old 08-31-13, 06:28 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Aron9000 not everyone can find the mint SC like you have stumbled across. Sometimes it is bad timing. some people will find yours looking like a tank and your interior is old and outdated.

Check your PM.

I think you should keep the SC. It is not costing anything to keep it but insurance and gas. That's a huge plus in my book. Other thought is you are going to take a hit in the pocket, unless you wait on that special buyer. I would do something else to it, and keep the interest in keeping it. I went through the same phase two months ago. I changed some things in the engine bay, just to keep me liking it even more. It also made my decision to keep it.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 08-31-13 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-31-13, 08:07 AM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From those black interior pic, it looks good, no fading... tan or black, its up to the person what they want
Old 08-31-13, 08:28 AM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say start about 7500-8000 and go down from there if you sell it. You can always go down, you cant go back up. But in regards to if you should sell it or not is entirely up to you, I think you should keep it and continue modding it, Like 1JZPWRD said its only costing you gas and insurance. In my opinion its always good to have a second vehicle. If your unsure just post it up at a a higher price where your comfortable selling it and if it sells then you have the money you want for it and if not then you keep the SC and continue mods. Just my 2cents
-BTW I really like the way your interior came out!
Old 08-31-13, 09:17 AM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i think he can get good money for it if its not done with cheap mods
Old 08-31-13, 09:28 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Only takes enthusiasts to appreciate this car, so it's gonna be hard to get your money back. It looks great though, I think you should keep it.
Old 08-31-13, 11:09 AM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your not gonna get good money for it. If your having thoughts of letting it go, its prolly time to like it go and move on. Part out what you can, return it to stock and see what you can get.
Old 08-31-13, 11:18 AM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

im sorry but a gs or a IS is not as nice as the sc for sure, coming from a 2 door to a 4 door is not cool lol
Old 08-31-13, 11:37 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
How many miles on it????

Also, why did you spray can the interior black??? It looks like **** IMO.

If you had focused your efforts on just restoring the interior back to its original glory in the original light tan colors it would've looked a lot hotter IMO. Most newer cars have that coal black interior which is so ****ing boring and plain IMO. The way Lexus did that two tone tan/brown interior was pretty damn nice IMO.

Here is my 1992 interior, 60k/21 years worth of wear, if you want to know how nice the original interior looked. IMO keep it original, **** the current ricer trends . . .

You need to relax with that buddy.

You probably have no idea how hard it is to find original replacement parts for these cars that are in excellent condition. Most of the original used parts you see for sale are not going to be perfect; far from it. You either pray some of these parts are still available through the dealership and don't cost an arm and a leg or you wait a very long time and source them out on the used market when one eventually pops up for sale. Either way will take either lots of time, lots of money, or both.

At least this guy did something about his interior and it turned out awesome. All you did was lucked out and found a clean car to begin with so where do you get off in giving people advice about how to redo their interior? What exactly did you redo on your interior? Probably nothing.

It's always the guy with the stock car on here giving other people crap for their hard work. If you have no first hand experience with any of this, please don't tell others how they should have went about modifying their car.
Old 08-31-13, 12:08 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahhh, that black interior looks x10 better than old man tan.
Old 08-31-13, 12:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
+1

Why can't we just be nice in the way we do constructive criticisms ? Say what you want , but be nice. Everyone has his own likings and want. It's their car and money afterall . No offense meant Aron9000 but what if you put yourself in the OP's shoes and someone comment RUDELY about your car's interior . Will you be happy ?

OP - nice car ! Clean compared to majority of SC I have seen... I would say. Unfortunately as many have said , you will loose money if you have to let go of it. Our cars just don't have a good resale value I guess.
Old 08-31-13, 12:09 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

come on now, i have tan and i like it, i always had black and its way to hot in florida for it
Old 08-31-13, 02:31 PM
ShiftyD2k
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Aron9000 not everyone can find the mint SC like you have stumbled across. Sometimes it is bad timing. some people will find yours looking like a tank and your interior is old and outdated.

Check your PM.

I think you should keep the SC. It is not costing anything to keep it but insurance and gas. That's a huge plus in my book. Other thought is you are going to take a hit in the pocket, unless you wait on that special buyer. I would do something else to it, and keep the interest in keeping it. I went through the same phase two months ago. I changed some things in the engine bay, just to keep me liking it even more. It also made my decision to keep it.

Thanks for stand up speak to arron9000.. I would keep my SC however every time Gas is kill my money. because my car is v8...

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

You probably have no idea how hard it is to find original replacement parts for these cars that are in excellent condition. Most of the original used parts you see for sale are not going to be perfect; far from it. You either pray some of these parts are still available through the dealership and don't cost an arm and a leg or you wait a very long time and source them out on the used market when one eventually pops up for sale. Either way will take either lots of time, lots of money, or both.

At least this guy did something about his interior and it turned out awesome. All you did was lucked out and found a clean car to begin with so where do you get off in giving people advice about how to redo their interior? What exactly did you redo on your interior? Probably nothing.

It's always the guy with the stock car on here giving other people crap for their hard work. If you have no first hand experience with any of this, please don't tell others how they should have went about modifying their car.

when i look Arron's interior so it look nothing special to me.. Hate gonna hater..

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Ahhh, that black interior looks x10 better than old man tan.
Yeah, I am way more love my black interior than tan interior because tan always give me dirt and hard time to clean it..

Originally Posted by gerrb
+1

Why can't we just be nice in the way we do constructive criticisms ? Say what you want , but be nice. Everyone has his own likings and want. It's their car and money afterall . No offense meant Aron9000 but what if you put yourself in the OP's shoes and someone comment RUDELY about your car's interior . Will you be happy ?

OP - nice car ! Clean compared to majority of SC I have seen... I would say. Unfortunately as many have said , you will loose money if you have to let go of it. Our cars just don't have a good resale value I guess.

Everyone have own their taste. "Don't judge on their mod" If you never experi

I'd selling my car when it become look stock once all mod getting removed unless special buyer want buy SC with MOD. I HOPE THE BUYER TAKE THIS SC WITH MOD.

so far this sc is 93 and body is 97+ with 225k and tranny about 85k and this running Is champ and feel like brand new.

Quick Reply: Should i let my SC to go?