My SC4 was Stolen last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-03, 05:15 PM
Andymi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SC4 was Stolen last night

This sucks.

My 92 SC400 was stolen last night right from the driveway.

Apparently was it then taken on a cruise, as the thieves were using my Sunpass (an automated toll paying device) from 12:30 am until 3:15 am when the last registered use of my Sunpass was recorded.

What a way to leave for work, all I can say is I hope the thieves get theirs.

Yes there is insurance, but who wants to file a claim, not to mention all of my missing keys, checkbook, and papers.

I recommend guard dogs to be posted by the car, or better yet to be left in the car when it is not attended.

I hope it comes back in one piece, but I guess we will see.
Old 01-15-03, 05:40 PM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about the loss, that just sucks. Hope the insurance company comps you well though.
Old 01-15-03, 06:07 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Damn that sucks!!!! What is going on around here?! 1SickLex, me and now this...

Last edited by The Ikon; 01-15-03 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-15-03, 06:16 PM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

This makes sleeping in the car justifiable.
Old 01-15-03, 07:31 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

That sucks, I'm curious how they got in the car and started it. I hope your insurance takes care of you and as for the guys that did you, they'll pay sooner or later, when they least expect it.
Old 01-15-03, 07:36 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you have an alarm?

Autolock?
The Club?

Were they in use?

Or was it just locked with OEM alarm..
Old 01-15-03, 07:48 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Angry

naw,...you don't wanna sleep in tha coupe,... James Jordan died like that,.... that just down right sux,... hate to hear that happened dude,... hopefully they won't kill ya bank act with the checks,... or better yet,... call that stuff in stolen. Hopefully, IF you have to file that claim,... you come out better than before.

Peace.

Nazty97

skip tha guard dogs, get motion activated particle beam cannons that will destroy perpertators on sight. ( some 007 toys right there! -have a good one)
Old 01-15-03, 11:38 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, that must be like the 15th stolen/destroyed Lexus on this board in the last six months! Luckily your insurance covers theft because my bare-bones policy doesn't! I would probably go apesh1t and take someone's life if my car was stolen/destroyed! If they were joyriding in it all night, and all day today, you better pray it doesn't come back whole because it's probably thrashed. Take the money from the adjuster and buy a new SC400.

If you guys take anything from this, remember that our cars aren't that hard to steal at all!! If they were joyriding all night, that means the thieves were amateurs. Protect the Lex!!
Old 01-15-03, 11:41 PM
9inarow
Rookie

Sorry bro. I know how you feel. I had a 94 3000GT VR-4 stolen in front of my apartment a few years ago. I felt like I was raped. I'd have murdered that ***** if I had gotten my hands on him.

The car had an alarm and a club. Both were useless.

I hope you're good with the insurance. I wasn't able to afford full coverage and only had liability. So I pretty much ate it. I think I got back about $600 by claiming it as a loss on my taxes. What a joke.

As for the papers and keys, I never keep anything important in the car. All my CD's are burned copies and I never leave credit card receipts in the car.

For now, both my SC3 and Miata have Viper alarms and clutch/break locks. Though I must admit, a Viper on a soft top convertible is useless. Someone cut a hole in my soft top and opened the car door from there. He rummaged through my stuff, went through my trunk, left a $500 amp, and took 10 CD'R's. What a stupid thief.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-16-03 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-16-03, 01:55 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

AARRRRRGGHHH. No More Lexus cars being stolen PLEASE.
Old 01-17-03, 12:01 PM
Andymi
Driver School Candidate

Update.

They found my car yesterday morning idling in a field.

FYI- OEM alarm, and they broke open the ignition to start it.

I went to see her last night, and it was not a pretty site.

The car has some body damage, and they took the battery, interior, including the seats, carpets, all door and interior panels, glove box, center counsole, head liner, trunk liner, all interior trunk panels, spare tire.

Its a sad site, basically it is bare metal in the interior.

They did leave the steering wheel, radio, a/c control, and shifter area alone. Also, left the rims and tires (almost new), spoiler, and most mechanicals.

The good news it that my keys and most of my papers were still there. It even looks like they took some of the papers from the front seat and put them in the trunk.

I guess it is time to deal with the insurance company.

I'll keep you all updated.
Old 01-17-03, 12:49 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Grrrrrr.. whats the update on the hitman team??? I feel something funny in my stomach just by reading this whole thing
on the other hand though, MAYBE consider a reconstruction work??? dunno project time, new high quality carpet all around, new leather and everything else, <and an alarm system!!> I dunno.. i know it would take lots of $$$ but just firing ideas here... glad that at least they found it
Old 01-17-03, 01:46 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Andymi,

Sorry to here that. It should be easy to find a guy from Florida selling an SC4 interior.

If you do plan on rebuilding the car, maybe you could order the BLACK interior. That would be a nice option.

MW
Old 01-17-03, 03:11 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Too much money to repair, the insurance company will cut you a check for the car, which I would take. Plus God only knows what kind of abusive things they were doing to the car while they were driving it around. Monitor ebay in the next few weeks for all your parts.
Old 01-17-03, 04:08 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

I agree with you Rich. The interior would be ridiculous to try and order new. The seats and door panels are well over $2000.

Wishful thinking I guess.

MW

Quick Reply: My SC4 was Stolen last night