My Hardtop SC is no more.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-14, 01:44 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brerrabbit
Your hardtop SC went to car heaven.

My version is an endless stretch of the PCH in summer, 80 degrees and and endless fuel supply. NO SNOW!

And for your pain/suffering and medical bills, don't let them FORGET about you. Having worked as an adjuster and been screwed by SF (GA statute of limitations is 2 years), they would prefer to never hear from you again.
Lol @ car heaven

Yeah I hope i dont ever have to go thru something like that again, its a long frustrating process.
Old 02-02-14, 12:31 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread until now. Hope you're doing alright Joey, and congrats on the new SC!
Old 02-03-14, 05:49 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Can't believe I haven't seen this thread until now. Hope you're doing alright Joey, and congrats on the new SC!
Thanks bro you guys on CL have been like fam with your encouragement
Old 04-10-14, 02:50 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

The strangest thing happened today…I was off to the autoyard to pick up something for my 97 SC…after coming to a SC I was like great a 97-2000 SC and I didn’t even have to search hard.

So I started to take the part I needed off but I sensed something really strange, as though something was calling me in the wind, all of a sudden everything became still. I looked over on the other side and noticed the lines of a black SC, looked on top and it was solid. I knew immediately it was my baby, my old SC hardtop!!!

I went over to it in disbelief that after months gone by we reunited once again. I couldn’t believe it. Another person looked at me strange as though I was crazy but once I told him it was my old car he understood my reaction.

I was happy to have found it but then felt sad because it was in pieces and I started to relive old feelings and memories came into my mind again of the good and bad…… too think it ran perfect before the accident and had better paint then my newer SC but now just stripped and broken apart like nothing like it was junk, well to me it wasn’t.Wish I could of saved it or at least stripped it right instead of people just breaking things like nothing but oh well whats done is done.

When I was leaving I didn’t even look back at it and it was on my mind on the drive home. If I visit again and it happens to be there ill probably look at it again for old times sake until it gets crushed……

I let go along time ago but you just cant forget the bond you have with a special car that was close to your heart …after all is said and done it is just a car and life goes on.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (12-15-16)
Old 04-10-14, 03:00 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^^ surreal encounter man
Old 04-10-14, 07:03 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jadu
^^^ surreal encounter man
Yeah it was lol not worried about it anymore just crazy running into it again.
Old 04-10-14, 07:40 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I was about to hope that happened to me...but then I didn't. I'm never wrecking my Lexus.
Old 04-11-14, 06:45 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Next time... Why don't you take a picture it'll last longer. All kidding aside that's pretty weird having such an encounter.
Old 04-11-14, 03:40 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Teal Sc400
Next time... Why don't you take a picture it'll last longer. All kidding aside that's pretty weird having such an encounter.
Naw no pics of it like that, id like to remember it the way it was before the accident. Strange yes it was fate. Lol...The sticker on the front windshield said its been there since December and i haven't visited that one yard in many months. They most likely bought it at the auction when it became available. At least i know its fate in the near future and not have to wonder where it is.

Its ok tho thought i share this with the Lexus/SC fam on CL this whole crazy ordeal. I didn't think i was going to get back in another SC but here i'am. :

This thread can close now, moving on thank God.
Old 04-11-14, 04:26 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

At least it's being put towards other SC's to keep them on the road, similar to an organ donor.