SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When buying online, be very careful

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 03:21 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Default When buying online, be very careful

This thread is not to attack anyone, or put down the seller, I wont even be mentioning any names.

Its just a little reminder for people not to get too careless when buying online, try to make sure the person has a good trader score, and you buy from a reputable seller.

As some of you know ive been fixing my car up, wheels, doing some fender modifications, added a 97 body kit and a few other things, the car has been ready for paint for over a month now but I needed a front passenger side fender before I could proceed.

So when I saw an opportunity to buy both front fenders, rust free, at a reasonable price online I jumped on it right away.

I ignored the fact that the seller had no trader score, and with summer dwindling away I put my project on hold , for what should of been no more then a week or so, I sent payment.

Long story short, I paid on a Friday and was told once payment is received pieces will get sent out immediately, as early as Saturday or Monday, that didn't happen , took 3 weeks of texting amd pm;ing before the parts were dropped off at Ups, then a few days later was told by UPS that crucial paperwork wasn't filled out, and shipment will be held until that's taken care of.

So I have to call ups myself , find out the problem, and forward the info to seller, another week goes by and they are finally shipped out.

Today they arrive, wrapped in a cloth , they are both bent and dented up, the drivers side is completely useless, both are worse then my current set that are on my car.

So now after a month of having my project on hold, driving around in a ratty looking car with primer spots and mix matched panels, im back to where I started, and out about $200.00.

Moral of the story, buy local when possible, even if it costs a little more, and if you must buy online, make sure you buy from someone reputable.
Attached Thumbnails When buying online, be very careful-dsc_0011.jpg   When buying online, be very careful-dsc_0010.jpg   When buying online, be very careful-dsc_0009.jpg  
Old 10-07-13, 03:53 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you should name names so we know not to buy from that member. Those look horrible. Can you claim it with PayPal?

Although, I suppose we don't know what the original description was..
Old 10-07-13, 04:47 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

ive sent him some texts and made a claim with ups, they are picking it up tomorrow and we will see what happens.

The fenders weren't in this condition before, they were fine, but what did he expect to happen when you wrap them with a cloth and tape, so I do blame him for this.

Ive told him that if UPS does not refund me the money i will expect a refund from him , so im gonna give it a few days and see how it plays out.

But yea your right man, its probably my duty to warn others here I just think he deserves one last chance to make things right, so lets see.
Old 10-07-13, 04:48 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ What he said. Seller needs to be disclosed or he will continue his charade.
Old 10-07-13, 04:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Please use iTrader to provide feedback once you find out if UPS/the seller corrects the issue rather than post threads. Thanks