SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 09:23 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

so since my build died im just gunna ask questions on here.

i checked to see if there were any FAQ's on this but i didnt find anything.

im trying to install my double din dvd headunit but its just not fitting snug.

i see alot of piks of the finished product on everybodys cars but no piks of it step by step.

theres too many wires back there its overwhelming.

is there a way i can rewire everything so they're not so cluttered?

ill post some piks in a bit, i also wanted to know if theres a way to make the audio/power/volume **** work for any aftermarket setup?

i really want to try, no luck on wiring my alpine amp, too complicated so if anyone in nj/ny can help id appreciate it.

-thanks everyone
Old 10-15-13, 09:57 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a doubble din kit, think Metra sells one. They usually have a P&P harness as well.

WH=hy dont you just take it to an audio shop? They can install it in less than an hour.
Old 10-15-13, 09:39 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
You need a doubble din kit, think Metra sells one. They usually have a P&P harness as well.

WH=hy dont you just take it to an audio shop? They can install it in less than an hour.
i tried to use the stock brackets lol, didnt work out like i expected it too. im trying to avoid going to a shop, they gunna charge an arm & a leg. running wires and securing everything plus labor.
Old 10-15-13, 09:42 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

harness + in dash kit. the harness should solve your radio wiring problems
Old 10-15-13, 09:50 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
harness + in dash kit. the harness should solve your radio wiring problems
that is only available online and im having issues with my paypal

i see 200 harnesses! which should i get ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Old 10-16-13, 03:59 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the problem I ran into....the wiring harness you get depends on your stock head unit. I have a nakamichi unit, and I bought the recommended wiring harness from Crutchfield... It did not work, and completely screwed my self install.

So afterwards I took everything to CircuitCity....they gave me the wiring harness, installed the deck, and only charged $34....I kid you not.

Circuit City is great for audio installation. You do not have to purchase the stuff there, they will simply install it all for $45, they dropped the price for me because it took nearly two hours to figure out why it didn't work, and the issue was my Crutchfield Harness. They had a new working harness for my car in store in stock, and when it was finished the dropped the price down to $34....

I really don't think that's much money at all considering there expertise. That's $17 an hour....

I did bring the Metra Dash Kit as well so I can't say if they have that in stock. Either way it seems like you need help doing this, and even if your dash is gutted right now, they will hook it up correctly, then you can just reassemble it yourself.

Seriously man call Circuit City, get a quote over the phone...you'll be surprised.
Old 10-16-13, 04:28 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Biddles
This is the problem I ran into....the wiring harness you get depends on your stock head unit. I have a nakamichi unit, and I bought the recommended wiring harness from Crutchfield... It did not work, and completely screwed my self install.

So afterwards I took everything to CircuitCity....they gave me the wiring harness, installed the deck, and only charged $34....I kid you not.

Circuit City is great for audio installation. You do not have to purchase the stuff there, they will simply install it all for $45, they dropped the price for me because it took nearly two hours to figure out why it didn't work, and the issue was my Crutchfield Harness. They had a new working harness for my car in store in stock, and when it was finished the dropped the price down to $34....

I really don't think that's much money at all considering there expertise. That's $17 an hour....

I did bring the Metra Dash Kit as well so I can't say if they have that in stock. Either way it seems like you need help doing this, and even if your dash is gutted right now, they will hook it up correctly, then you can just reassemble it yourself.

Seriously man call Circuit City, get a quote over the phone...you'll be surprised.
didnt circuit city close down in 2009? i was considering best buy but they want 100$ for the install + $20 an hour for labor + parts. i cant tell which harness i need and theirs 2 dash kits on ebay, both dont look alike. does anyone know a shop in nj or ny that they can recommend? i dont want to pay more than $100 for everything.
Old 10-17-13, 02:49 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

anyone else?

Old 10-17-13, 03:23 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you need the Double Din from Metra the part number is 95-8157b.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html