SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sparco and recaro seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-03, 01:23 PM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sparco and recaro seats

i recently went to to a local car shop and atempted to get a pair of sparco or recaro seats but niether companies makes sliders and brackets of our cars, would i be able to custom fit them? what would be needed? i live in so. cali, where would i go? and how much thinner will my wallet have to get to get it done? i was so disapointed i thought i was going to have new seats to sit on...boo hoo
Old 01-25-03, 01:36 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

joey,

There are several aftermarket bracket makers for those seats. Call a different shop that has more experience and they should be able to source brackets with little problem. I would say http://www.tmengineering.net would have little trouble helping you out. I believe the seat brackets are identical to the supra.

MW
Old 01-25-03, 02:05 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

joey,

im sure that the supra brackets fit our cars too, I think i remember that a member or 2 here swaped Supra seats into the sc300. I was looking into swaping the supra seats in, but i didnt want to loose the heated leather.. So i am sure that the supra brackets will work, CAn anyone back me up on this one?

Kevin
Old 01-25-03, 04:45 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by lexcoupe
joey,

im sure that the supra brackets fit our cars too, I think i remember that a member or 2 here swaped Supra seats into the sc300. I was looking into swaping the supra seats in, but i didnt want to loose the heated leather.. So i am sure that the supra brackets will work, CAn anyone back me up on this one?

Kevin
What kind of backing are we talking about here Kevin?

Yes, Supra seats will fit. Use the search button to get more information.

Chris
Old 01-25-03, 04:47 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
What kind of backing are we talking about here Kevin?

Yes, Supra seats will fit. Use the search button to get more information.

Chris
yes that is all chris. you said all we needed to know .. "supra seats will fit."

Kevin
Old 01-25-03, 08:23 PM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

thanks for your help guys. so the supra seats will fit right on to the sc w/ little or no trouble and therefore the supra brackets should fit? is that correct? heres another quetion; what year supra? i cant wait!
Old 01-25-03, 08:27 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by joeyc2
thanks for your help guys. so the supra seats will fit right on to the sc w/ little or no trouble and therefore the supra brackets should fit? is that correct? heres another quetion; what year supra? i cant wait!
Any MKIV Supra. 97+ Supra received the sucky seats with build-in headrest; however, they're still compatible with the older type and infact some people switch back to the older style.

Chris
Old 01-25-03, 10:48 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by joeyc2
The brackets from 93-97 will all fit fine.

MW
Old 01-26-03, 02:55 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

The Supra Brackets will work, only one problem the drivers side has been on backorder for 3-4 months now. Wedge the company that makes them for Sparco and the others is backed up. Somewhere down the road I would like to put a set of tan leather milanos in my car, just want the power to throw me back into them first
Old 01-26-03, 07:06 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Titan
just want the power to throw me back into them first

Well said Wes, glad to see that you 'get it', how's the project coming?
Old 01-26-03, 08:25 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally agree with you Titan. As soon as I'm finished with the motor in March, I'm going to pick up a set of Tan Milanos as well.

I do wonder how close the color will match. Anyone know if there is any noticable difference?

Chris
Old 01-27-03, 02:57 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

The color is a little different, almost enough to make you want to recover the back seat to match (I'm pretty **** about that type of thing) , but I think it would still go fine there with the doorpanels. I had one next to my car and it looked damn good, we have them in our daily driver Supra and their not that bad. Some people complain that the seats aren't as comftorable as the cloth ones but I have found this to be a result of the memory foam found in the leathers, the more you sit in them the more comftorable they get.

My project is going along slowly, working full time and going to school full time has give me less time/money to work on the car. I'm slowly upgrading it. Should be doing Borlas soon, HID's are in just waiting to be put int ,then I need my suspension and then I'll start saving up for the swap. Better to do it right the first time in my book
Old 01-27-03, 09:05 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Titan
Better to do it right the first time in my book
Word...