Review of Lextech 32's and Needle

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-13, 07:20 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bankswood
So if I understand correctly, Lextech is not an approved vendor but it's owner is a moderator here. Does that seem strange to anyone else?
I think they quit being a vendor back when I first joined Club Lexus around five years ago. Lextech was really popular at the time and people seemed to have a better experience with them than they do now. I thought I read on here a few years ago that the company got sold to some other guy and that was when all of the issues came up.
Old 12-05-13, 10:12 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Well, that concludes that, I'll be doing it on my own for sure. I'd rather tape a flashlight to my steering wheel before they get my cluster..
I busted out laughing on this. I scared my dog, she jumped and ran under the bed....

I want to see a DIY on a flashlight mounted on the steering wheel!!
Old 12-05-13, 10:29 AM
SC & LS 40
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phermes1
Could I get a pm too, please? Thanks
PM Sent, good luck
Old 12-05-13, 10:38 AM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tabaka
There is always a bigger fish. You can contact the head moderator and let them know how you've been treated on their forum. With that said, I spoke with a head moderator recently and let them know of this thread. Not that it will sway them into a ban or anything, but I was told that Lextech hasn't been an approved vendor in over five years. That means they can't advertise their product. Period. It's up to us to find other sources or create a DIY. However, we have to stick to forum rules and not post website links inside threads. If you have a new source for business, send personal PM's or post the name of the business and contact information with no external links.
I did, not sure if he was the head moderator, but a moderator that doesn't belittle people. I was advised that posting a thread would probably not help the situation. I took his advice because I was hoping something like this would pop up in the future. Looks like the cat is out of the bag. I think that all the mods, with the exception of one, seem like great people.
Old 12-05-13, 11:03 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I busted out laughing on this. I scared my dog, she jumped and ran under the bed....

Challenge accepted!

I've got one of those giant police sized 18 inch LED Maglites.
Old 12-05-13, 12:46 PM
xshurikx
Driver

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD

I did too, that is some funny ******, maybe I can do a diy on that and see what it looks like.

BTW Kira, I will be putting up the DIY on the other thread for back lights and taking apart the climate control by end of the week so check it out. my needle diy needs to wait until i get some new wire, once i get that i will be re-soldering the entire thing and will post additional pictures.

On another note, if the company got sold, and now there are issues, all the more reason people need to know.

And if OLT doesn't have an interest anymore because he sold the company then he should be upset by the **** poor service not defend it. (thats my 2 cents on that)

But lets keep the reviews coming, lets keep the thread clean, and lets all share our idea's, thats why i joined clublexus to get help, glad i can give some back as well.
Old 12-06-13, 10:50 AM
akora12
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a bummer. Prior to my research about cluster repair, I emailed lextech a handful of times about getting my cluster and climate control repaired and didn't even get one response. I even sent my requests to a couple of different email addresses. I guess they didn't need a $300+ job, but now I'm glad it all panned out that way.
Old 12-06-13, 11:57 AM
xshurikx
Driver

Part 1 of my DIY is done. more to follow, check the other thread.
Old 12-06-13, 12:54 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Great review, very insightful. Whenever I read reviews of a company I've never tried, I always read the bad reviews and see which ones are the most common. I've always wanted to get my cluster lighting and stuff done through LexTech ever since I've learned of them. But to be honest, was really scared to try them out mainly because of how the mod acts here and talk ish a lot of times. Anyways, I guess I'm really gonna have to do it on my own and learn somehow, I hope my undergrad degree of electronics engineering come in handy. LOL
Old 12-06-13, 06:44 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Great review, very insightful. Whenever I read reviews of a company I've never tried, I always read the bad reviews and see which ones are the most common. I've always wanted to get my cluster lighting and stuff done through LexTech ever since I've learned of them. But to be honest, was really scared to try them out mainly because of how the mod acts here and talk ish a lot of times. Anyways, I guess I'm really gonna have to do it on my own and learn somehow, I hope my undergrad degree of electronics engineering come in handy. LOL
Fix mine too bro LOL
Old 12-06-13, 07:30 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
Fix mine too bro LOL
Dude I was gonna hit you up after you get your cluster from lextech to know what's up. LOL I'll let you know when I'm ready to tackle this and if I'm successful. LOL
Old 12-07-13, 09:43 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by xshurikx
I did too, that is some funny ******, maybe I can do a diy on that and see what it looks like.

BTW Kira, I will be putting up the DIY on the other thread for back lights and taking apart the climate control by end of the week so check it out. my needle diy needs to wait until i get some new wire, once i get that i will be re-soldering the entire thing and will post additional pictures.

On another note, if the company got sold, and now there are issues, all the more reason people need to know.

And if OLT doesn't have an interest anymore because he sold the company then he should be upset by the **** poor service not defend it. (thats my 2 cents on that)

But lets keep the reviews coming, lets keep the thread clean, and lets all share our idea's, thats why i joined clublexus to get help, glad i can give some back as well.
I'll check it out. Thanks for getting these DIY's done. I don't think it's been done before.

I'm not sure what the deal with Lextech is but with your threads we may not need to send out our clusters anymore.
Old 05-31-15, 08:08 AM
xshurikx
Driver

i was curious if anyone else has had their cluster done by Lextech recently?

how was your experience?

their site seems to be down not sure why.

I wonder if they started doing a better job after this review. if nothing else i hope it opened their eyes as to how their clients felt and started improving service. that would be a win for us clients
Old 05-31-15, 10:43 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by xshurikx
i was curious if anyone else has had their cluster done by Lextech recently?

how was your experience?

their site seems to be down not sure why.

I wonder if they started doing a better job after this review. if nothing else i hope it opened their eyes as to how their clients felt and started improving service. that would be a win for us clients
http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/L...ter_repair.htm
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 06-11-15, 02:19 PM
xshurikx
Driver

mods make this a sticky as fellow cl members are being scammed.