SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

what cluster do you have on you sc

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-13, 10:17 PM
Whoareu
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what cluster do you have on you sc

I've seen the GS 350 on 03 is300 and it looked sick just wondering if anybody has seen different clusters on Sc ???? Please post pics or links

Gs350 cluster on Sc would be the sicked mod ever
Old 12-04-13, 01:58 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

moved to main section.
Old 12-05-13, 07:32 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts

I just have a factory cluster with my own custom backlighting. I really want a Soarer digital cluster but it's so much work.
Old 12-05-13, 11:33 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not an OEM cluster, but:

GPS Speedometer, programmable tachometer with sequential shift light, programmable fuel gauge, and water temp. Couldnt be happier with my set-up. Aluminum mounting bezel made at my shop, nothing special. Working on a simple diagram/write-up for installing aftermarket gauges.
Old 12-05-13, 01:19 PM
robtackett
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stock cluster took a crap on me so I'm gonna make mine also. Turbo that cluster looks good and prob about what I'm gonna do. Now I just need to figure out what kinda gauges I want to use
Old 12-05-13, 02:03 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Not an OEM cluster, but:

GPS Speedometer, programmable tachometer with sequential shift light, programmable fuel gauge, and water temp. Couldnt be happier with my set-up. Aluminum mounting bezel made at my shop, nothing special. Working on a simple diagram/write-up for installing aftermarket gauges.
Looks insane, gives it a very nice modern look.
Old 12-05-13, 02:25 PM
xshurikx
Driver

turbo is the MPH read from a gps signal? or am i reading something wrong on the guage?
Old 12-05-13, 02:42 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xshurikx
turbo is the MPH read from a gps signal? or am i reading something wrong on the guage?
has built in gps and comes with antenna.. all it needs is power and it works.. saw a video of it in action and it looks like it doesnt really react fast enough for MY liking
Old 12-05-13, 02:49 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xshurikx
Nope, the speedo has a GPS antenna and reads from that.

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
has built in gps and comes with antenna.. all it needs is power and it works.. saw a video of it in action and it looks like it doesnt really react fast enough for MY liking

Ill get you a video when the weather here clears up, it actually reacts very quickly. The video's on youtube are junk examples. Keeps up perfectly with my car doing a 3rd gear drop at 70mph to 120mph. Nice thing is it doesnt waste time picking up tire spin. But Ill change your mind on it once the rain is gone
Old 12-05-13, 03:00 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thats true.. i forgot about tire spin... i was looking at their setups and it looks very very tempting to me! especially that its all programmable and ****.. looks like its super easy to put together and hook up, and you can daisy chain all of them together which is a big plus and makes things way faster and easier. i wanna try a is300 cluster or the is350/is250 cluster.
Old 12-05-13, 05:51 PM
s1984
Driver

@turbodremz
Where did you get your GPS speedometer from?
Old 12-05-13, 06:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by s1984
@turbodremz
Where did you get your GPS speedometer from?

All the gauges are from SpeedHut.
Old 12-05-13, 07:21 PM
2jayy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Not an OEM cluster, but:

bad *** cluster
Old 12-05-13, 07:31 PM
CDN-TEX
Driver School Candidate

Been researching this very topic but not being a super tech guy I would need more know how to swap some of the clusters I would like. There are some that say to stay with the 'traditional' but I would love to see some high tech swaps. Similar topic was discussed about a year ago with OLT stating this…"As far as whether or not you can make it work, you'd need to know what signals it accepts and what their ranges are. If they are AC or DC pulsed signals, their voltage levels, if they are controlled by a particular controller unit that sends a specific signal to the cluster that the cluster needs, etc....... You'd have to review the blueprints of both units. Old clusters were happy just to get 12v signals, no pulses. New clusters use high frequencies, instead of DC they sometimes run AC inputs. Newer sensors are more likely to put out a pulse instead of solid line of voltage. The problem with that is that your older vehicle is not going to pulse signals, and not going to be AC for certain. Nothing is ever easy. If you want it bad enough, and have enough money to spend having someone design a system from the blueprints, anything can happen."
Old 12-05-13, 08:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am using a 1995 Manual cluster....

Quick Reply: what cluster do you have on you sc