Search this Thread

Old 10-07-19, 10:16 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630372]
Originally Posted by DocBaz

LHS Active Suspension

Braking System Nitrogen filled Accumulator.
Old 10-07-19, 10:18 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630374]

Braking System Nitrogen filled Accumulator.

BFR Air Intake with TRD reusable Air Cleaner installed.
Old 10-07-19, 10:22 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630377]

BFR Air Intake with TRD reusable Air Cleaner installed.

Front view.
Old 10-07-19, 10:24 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630379]

Front view.

Australian 50 Cent Coin balances with little to no movement with motor running.
Old 10-07-19, 10:36 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
That is beautiful!! I like the addition of the dual twin tail pipe mufflers!

I have a special request actually... can you post a few detail pictures of the rear wing mounted backup camera? I've been very curious about that system for some time now as it seems to be the perfect place on SC's and standard Soarers to fit an aftermarket backup camera with plenty of room inside the 1991-1996 style factory wing to conceal the camera and wiring to make it flush and OEM-like. Specifically I'm trying to determine if that little additional window for the camera is a critical part of if a flush mount rear camera with a hole specially drilled for it would be sufficient. I'm also interested in the angle of the OEM UZZ32 backup camera's lens.

Feel free to post more pictures of your beautiful 32! An incredibly rare and special car indeed

Original Reversing Camera is above the Lexus symbol, Quad Stainless Steel Exhaust tips on a custom built 3" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Exhaust system.
Old 10-07-19, 10:40 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=DocBaz;10629197]
Originally Posted by kaban1993
I am absolutely blown away by the UZZ32. The technology that thing had was so advanced for its time that a lot of cars still dont have it to this day. Some of the features I found very intersting were the automatic folding mirrors, and the digital gauge AND the digital radio and ac!! Im mad bc since we are lexus owners we should have those options over a toyota It even has four wheel steering and an active suspension!!! im seriously blown away by this car. There was only 873 ever made.

anyways i found a video showing the car... enjoy youll never look at your car the same

Toyota Soarer V8 UZZ32 Presentation Active Suspension 4WS Exhaust Interior Features - YouTube[/QUOTE I have owned one since 2000, a 19 year love affair, if you would like to see pictures or video of my car please don't hesitate to send me a request.

Close up of Factory Installed Colour Reversing Camera.
Old 10-07-19, 10:57 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Default More Pictures of my UZZ32

[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630372]

LHS Active Suspension
[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630379]

Front view.
[QUOTE=DocBaz;10630391]

Close up of Factory Installed Colour Reversing Camera.

Rear 18" X 9.5" front 18" X 8.5"A Genuine AME Modelart Excellent 3 piece Wheels with 24 Karat Gold Plated studs.
Old 10-15-19, 11:01 AM
kaban1993
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Really dope car @DocBaz
The following users liked this post:
DocBaz (10-15-19)
Old 10-15-19, 12:08 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Nice car! Good color as well. Please don’t requote your pics. Many people are on mobile and it makes it hard to scroll and read.
DocBaz (10-15-19)
Old 03-25-20, 02:45 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Just posting to share a very cool (16 page!) UZZ32 restoration thread I found on another forum. Actually the owner ended up restoring *two* UK-based UZZ32's!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0&pagenumber=1
DocBaz (03-25-20)
Old 03-26-20, 03:34 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Interesting thread mate, luckily I have not had to do that sort of restoration. My car is almost as it was when I got it in 2000, it was in near perfect condition then with 186,000klm on the clock, it's now done only 236,000klm. I have done a few mods but now it needs a respray as the clear coat is stuffed.
Good luck with the Virus stay safe!
KahnBB6 (03-26-20)
Old 03-26-20, 08:38 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Thanks, DocBaz! I hope you all in Australia's major areas and outskirts cities are handling the viral outbreak as well as you can and area staying safe too. It's going to take a lot more to get it under control here in the U.S.

Your UZZ32 sounds awesome! Since so very few ever made it off the assembly line it's always cool to hear about someone's example that is nearly a time capsule. I think the original clear coats fading away on Soarers and SC's by now may be getting more common. Pretty good lifespan for the factory paint jobs though considering the age of these cars!

In particular in that build thread I posted about the owner goes into many specifics on the 4WS system, nitrogen and hydropneumatic systems and the (apparently!) special timing belt cover on that version of the 1UZ-FE that accommodates the pump the pressurizes the active suspension. He also talks a bit about how he considers the '32 virtually undriftable because the computer system is always dialing out any suspension unsettling. Would your opinion be similar in this regard?

I kind of wonder how a UZZ32 will respond handling-wise to getting a Torsen LSD or other LSD swapped into it.... or if the active suspension makes it something of a moot point?

Would love to see a couple of pictures of yours if you don't mind posting a few!

Oh.... one other question: did your UZZ32 come with the optional reverse camera spoiler? If so, have you ever had to service or replace any of those components?

I managed to buy the removable (from the inside) little window that goes onto the center of the Soarer UZZ30's and 32's with the backup camera option and I'm attempting to recreate a similar embedded camera setup for my SC by modifying a spare early style SC400 factory wing but by using aftermarket equipment. I've heard of people updating or replacing their Soarer EMV factory backup cameras but I can't find much info on what they did.
Old 03-26-20, 10:50 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Hi Barry here, yes I don't think you could drift one the Active Suspension and 4WS takes full control of the car it even steers you through cross winds without you noticing any movement so trying to drift one might be a challenge.
I don't know of anyone changing a diff but I will ask my mates between us we own about 25 of the known 32's that are still on the road of which there are about 75 wide known world on the last count some 10 or more years ago.
Yes the motor is slightly longer due to the extra pumps etc. if I am correct it is around 9 inches longer than a standard 1UZFE.
One if my mates overhauls and the Active struts when they fail, he even has orders from Toyota Japan from time to time, they send him 10 pairs of failed ones to be overhauled. He also modifies the valve on the strut to make them easier to gas up with Nitrogen. He makes and also has fits Superchargers to them. I'm waiting on him to get me one for mine but not as powerful as the one on his car, it does 300klm/hour.
The reversing camera still works fine in my car, it once had a broken wire in the cable but Toyota Japan made one up for me as they had none in

Exhaust and 4WS

stock, that was over 10 years ago and cost me a mere $90AUD at the time. No one in Australia could make one for me and if they could it was going to be a small fortune.
The following 2 users liked this post by DocBaz:
KahnBB6 (03-27-20), t2d2 (03-27-20)
Old 03-26-20, 10:54 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

A few more photos!

KahnBB6 (03-27-20)
Old 03-26-20, 11:09 PM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Hi Barry here, yes I don't think you could drift one the Active Suspension and 4WS takes full control of the car it even steers you through cross winds without you noticing any movement so trying to drift one might be a challenge.
I don't know of anyone changing a diff but I will ask my mates between us we own about 25 of the known 32's that are still on the road of which there are about 75 wide known world on the last count some 10 or more years ago.
Yes the motor is slightly longer due to the extra pumps etc. if I am correct it is around 9 inches longer than a standard 1UZFE.
One if my mates overhauls and the Active struts when they fail, he even has orders from Toyota Japan from time to time, they send him 10 pairs of failed ones to be overhauled. He also modifies the valve on the strut to make them easier to gas up with Nitrogen. He makes and also has fits Superchargers to them. I'm waiting on him to get me one for mine but not as powerful as the one on his car, it does 300klm/hour.
The reversing camera still works fine in my car, it once had a broken wire in the cable but Toyota Japan made one up for me as they had none in

Exhaust and 4WS

stock, that was over 10 years ago and cost me a mere $90AUD at the time. No one in Australia could make one for me and if they could it was going to be a small fortune.

Quick Reply: Toyota Soarer UZZ32 SHOCKED!