SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Good wishes to my SCer's in Atlanta...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-14 | 05:41 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Default Good wishes to my SCer's in Atlanta...

As some of you know, I call Atlanta my hometown. We're backwards at times, we mess up our own traffic and the BBQ is awesome. Good times.

But I wanted to send out all my respect and good vibes to my peeps rolling in the ATL (okay, no more Urban- I promise). Those of you who have visited that metropolitan madhouse during a snow scare know how it shuts down at the mere mention of anything frozen,

And then no more water, bread or milk at the grocery store. God, I miss Publix right now [Publix subs].

But I talked to my best friend today, and he was telling me how everyone there pulled together this past week. He's got an Escalade, and he has been helping push folks back into motion on Roswell Rd and Hwy 92. And he told me about that Facebook group with 48k+ users dedicated to helping find people stuck on the highway. And how my neighbors at home have been taking people in who've been stuck or stranded.

Way to go, A-Town. You make me so proud to be a transplanted homeboy, and miss you that much more. I always knew we were capable of greatness, and damn it- you proved it in spades. A shining beacon of Southern warmth, indeed.

People, thanks for letting me post this- and I apologize to the Mods in advance. My fellow SCers in ATL are the ones living the Icecapades- the Home version. And they're doing it with grace and poise, though I'm not surprised. This is a city totally unprepared for anything worse than a bad rainstorm; a snow plow to them is about as unheard of as a unicorn.

But they held their heads high and slid sideways in salute. I wish I could say my thanks in person.

Old 01-30-14 | 06:38 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

I wanna laugh but I realize the city is completely unprepared for the white stuff, as well as the people living there who've only seen it on ski trips or whatnot.
Nice to hear that your city came together though. The news is always so full of threats, and murders, and scares, and blah blah. You wont hear them reporting on the good that comes out of situations like this, glad you did