SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

A good aftermarket head unit that fits the SC interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-03, 10:14 AM
V8RWDHP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bill, I wish I could get that deck here, I'll have to check on it. It sure does look good in your car
Old 02-13-03, 05:39 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Does my setup look stock????!
Attached Thumbnails A good aftermarket head unit that fits the SC interior-myconsolenight.jpg  
Old 02-13-03, 07:05 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Silverbolt;

Before the current editorial team began acting autocratically, I would have been tempted to suggest some sophisticated method of "self harm" as a possible cure for very bad taste.

Instead I suppose I will just have to say "it looks **** man" or "hey dude that sucks", somehow those statements appear lame and inadaquate compared to the debauchery you have performed on one of the most stylish cars ever produced.

Silverbolt, you have a nice day, a nice life even but dont stand too close to the road, it could be the Anti-Rice driving that eighteen wheeler

Last edited by London Bill; 02-14-03 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-13-03, 08:49 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bill, the lights have a bluish cover which makes the AC unit look green. Take off the covers of the bulbs and it will be amber. Some of the bulbs are hard to get to though.
Old 02-13-03, 10:13 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hah! London Bill never ceases to provide grandiose entertainment
Old 02-14-03, 04:35 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Originally posted by London Bill
Silverbolt;

Before the current editorial team began acting autocratically, I would have been tempted to suggest some sophisticated method of "self harm" as a possible cure for very bad taste.

Instead I suppose I will just have to say "it looks **** man" or "hey dude that sucks", somehow those statements appear lame and inadaquate compared to the debauchery you have performed on one of the most stylish cars ever produced.

Silverbolt, you have a nice day, a nice life even but dont stand too close to the road, it could be the Anti-Rice driving that eighteen wheeler
Hahahahahahaha. Alright Bill, I'll admit that there a number of choice words in my mind at the moment that I will refrain from using. Unlike other people, I am not so insecure that I feel the need to personally attack and sarcastically threaten other members because of his or her personal taste. Rather I see Club Lexus as a beneficial community where people can willingly share information and interests to help one another. It does not take a very big man to criticize others in order to fluster another individual or gain a few laughs. I deeply respect the opinions of the fellow members but at the same time I remain completely undaunted by those who attempt to bring me down. End of story.
-Johnny

Last edited by SilverBolt 219; 02-14-03 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 05:49 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Silverbolt;

"Does my setup look stock????! "

No !

(I feel this statement was made in a very monosyllabic, slightly sarcastic tone with just a discernable hint of humour, although the inclusion of the exclamation mark could be construed as being threatening, on the contrary the preceding space may convey an element of the exclamation mark merely being an "afterthought", not entirely in keeping with the overall disapproving tone of the first monosyllable.

The recipient may well feel aggrieved or possibly has been deprived by the lack of any further discourse, in deed the lack of any further vowels, consonants or punctuation could be thought to be a tad discourteous or perhaps just succinct by those preferring the "short version").

Last edited by London Bill; 02-14-03 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 07:50 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 349 Likes on 225 Posts

Nak is not related to lexus in any way. They got the deal to do some lexus vehicles, but the factory replacement for the sc400 is Eclipse Car Audio. It will directly plug into your existing wiring and all mounts will line up perfectly. It is made by Fujitsu Ten Corporation and is relatively expensive, but the double din units are made as a direct factory replacement for toyota/lexus and will plug in and mount just like it is made for it........... because it is.

Last edited by pcmw; 02-14-03 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 08:08 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Onelasttry, that is great info, those eclipse decks are pretty nice, I wouldn't mind getting atleast someting that can play mp3s, and something that has a big screen and/or dvd is even better.

I agree with Bill that the setup doesn't look stock, I think silverbolts setup does look pretty good. It sort of reminds me of the 'Lexus' that lights up when you open the door of the SC430. I don't know if I would go as far as that, I personally would either stick to the stock deck or else get double din. Although London Bill's setup looks clean, I just couldn't have that much empty room. But each person has their own opinions... I know I like your Soarer very much.

But I don't want to be caught in the middle of this, just wanted to get some thoughts out.
Old 02-14-03, 11:41 PM
808state
Driver

Originally posted by onelasttry
.... but the factory replacement for the sc400 is Eclipse Car Audio. It will directly plug into your existing wiring and all mounts will line up perfectly. It is made by Fujitsu Ten Corporation and is relatively expensive,
are you saying an aftermarket eclipse will plug directly into the stock harness where once stood a preminum nakamichi lexus stereo system with a 12 disc cd changer? in effect, plug in and bolt in?

if so, would you mind sharing the model numbers, pictures?
Old 02-14-03, 11:53 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

hi 808, i have been informed by MW i cannot exactly state why i know this to be true, but i'll say i have a bit of experience in the biz.

eclipse was originally designed by fujitsu ten as factory sound systems for toyota. they are in effect, factory radios gone public. some of the newer model eclipse radios use a updated harness that requires the purchase of a converter from eclipse, but the concept remains the same.

Nak had to work around the factory lexus design, not the other way around, and any toyota/lexus owner can rest assured that fujitsu ten is the original OEM radio of all toyotas and the majority of lexus models. Nak used the eclipse harness by toyota request.
Old 02-15-03, 02:10 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Onelasttry;

Is Fujitsu Ten the parent company of Pioneer?
Old 02-15-03, 10:11 PM
808state
Driver

Originally posted by onelasttry
hi 808, i have been informed by MW i cannot exactly state why i know this to be true, but i'll say i have a bit of experience in the biz.

however, onelasttry, pcmw was not aware of this issue that pcmw informed you about. could you please resolve it and if it does not violate any of clublexus thoughtfully thought out rules, then could you please give the specific model number which would be plug/bolt in play which i believe would be beneficial to all members in this forum to make informed decisions.

i'm not asking how you know it, i'm just kindly asking for a model number and pics of the eclipse if you have them.

Last edited by 808state; 02-17-03 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-16-03, 12:55 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by CDALTON
Nakamichi 45z!! Fits great, looks stock and you keep the nakamichi platform.
Those units are awesome in quality and match the interior great! I am totally with Alton on this one!
Old 02-16-03, 06:42 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Hi !

your on the web, do a google search for eclipse. There will be plenty of pics and models.

Quick Reply: A good aftermarket head unit that fits the SC interior