SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

picked up 1995 sc300 5speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-03, 10:01 PM
hamid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking picked up my ride

i picked up a 1995 sc300 5speed today, i must say its a blast. its in great condition, its like a greenish blue color, tan leather, and again a blast to drive! i will post pics later.

Q: can the supra stock shifter replace the one that is there now, its a bit long.....

thanks

Hamid
Old 02-14-03, 10:08 PM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

hamid -
Congrats on the new ride.... Im sure you'll love it like most of us do... You say youre from gainesville, is that florida, georgia, etc? If Florida we ought to meet up sometime. There are a few of us here who still havent gotten around to showing off yet
Old 02-14-03, 10:17 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Nice work. 25 posts and you have one of those "hard to find" 5 speeds. Congrats. Enjoy the ride and take care of it.

The supra shifter will go in if you know what you are doing. You will have to use the shifter from the 5 speed though and I don't think it is any different. There is a short shifter available. Or you could just cut yours down, turn it (if its not hollow?), thread it and presto. Free short shifter.
Old 02-15-03, 03:10 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Wow a 5-speed. Great Find. Where did you find it? In florida? I go up to gaineville a lot but barely see any SCs. Anyways again very nice find and drive responsibly. Not too many 5-speeds left.

Oh ya if you're going to be around the central FL area theres going to be a FL meet during spring break so see if yuo can make it out....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=73726
Old 02-15-03, 06:41 AM
DVS300
Driver School Candidate

I sooooooooooooooooooo miss Florida, I live in NC now, but use to live in Clearwater and loved it, i miss it to bad wanna go back i use to go to High school out side of gainesville in Bell, Fl. and was born in Lake Wales, AND congrats on getting your SC I can't wait till i get mine.

Last edited by DVS300; 02-15-03 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-15-03, 08:43 AM
hamid
Pole Position

Originally posted by undefeatedsc3
hamid -
Congrats on the new ride.... Im sure you'll love it like most of us do... You say youre from gainesville, is that florida, georgia, etc? If Florida we ought to meet up sometime. There are a few of us here who still havent gotten around to showing off yet
shoot me an email some time, how many CL members are in gainesville?

I may be 25 posts old, but i have been a member for a while, as well as this being my 3rd sc300, and i also had 1 ls400.

later guys thanks!

HAmid
Old 02-15-03, 10:18 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DVS300
I sooooooooooooooooooo miss Florida, I live in NC now, but use to live in Clearwater and loved it, i miss it to bad wanna go back i use to go to High school out side of gainesville in Bell, Fl. and was born in Lake Wales, AND congrats on getting your SC I can't wait till i get mine.
Clearwater? Damn you were like my neighbor. I used to live in tarpon springs. Well I still pretty much do.

Dang 3rd SC? Thats awesome. What happened to the other 2? Hopefully they werent wrecked.
Old 02-15-03, 10:24 PM
DVS300
Driver School Candidate

i still got family down there, brother in Clearwater and a sister right outside of Alachua Can't wait to move back, but gotta wait to get my first tho so i can fit in
Old 02-15-03, 10:41 PM
hamid
Pole Position

Originally posted by jimmit
Clearwater? Damn you were like my neighbor. I used to live in tarpon springs. Well I still pretty much do.

Dang 3rd SC? Thats awesome. What happened to the other 2? Hopefully they werent wrecked.
no one of them was a 1995 renaissance red auto, i had it in high school (~1996) and got toooo many tickets, it was a bit flashy, my parents sold that and got me somethin else.

the other one, my personal favorite was a mint condition 1997 (i got it in ~2000), black, tan leather, auto, it was incredible, i loved it, but i was a complete fool and got a stinking girlfriend that got a bit pricey, and i will never make that mistake again, i ended up selling it.

never wrecked either of em!

Hamid
Old 02-17-03, 03:17 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase. That 5 speed is a great find. Count me in as another member of the " I miss Florida and wish I still lived there" club. Grew up in Daytona & still have family there. Still go down there at least twice a year. Need to have a central Fla CL meet the week of Thanksgiving, since I am always there that week. Big hot rod show in Daytona that I can't miss. Oh yea, and you can probably guess who my favorite college football team is.