SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pictures of my new SC300 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-03, 09:29 PM
bmsports
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of my new SC300 5 Speed

My Silver spruce 1992 Lexus sc300 5 speed, 110k. My overall condition rating of the car would have to be a 8 out of 10, its in extremely good shape for an 11 year old vehicle. I plan to do alo more then just leather repair and paint, i want to complete the 2JZ-GTE swap ny this summer. I miss having a spooling turbo alot. Here are a few shots i snapped today, lemme know what you think.

BEFORE:

R.I.P. CHEAP *** AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

AFTER: Forged Rays Engineering 18x7.5 Sebring ITC

2 days into owning her and i still cant get enough. What a great car. The wheels are nice, but not wide enough and man does it need a drop and a full suspension rework. I was thinking eibach / tokico combo with trust strut bars and sway bars. Need tint.

-Matt

Last edited by bmsports; 02-21-03 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-21-03, 09:58 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car man. You are right though, it sure needs a drop. for some reason it look higher than my 5 speed which hasn't been dropped yet either.
Maybe the color?

Tim
Old 02-21-03, 11:07 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

yea it looks kinda high- maybe the size of tires you're running make it look that way or maybe the car has aftermarket shocks

but sweet color!!! its beautiful!
Old 02-22-03, 02:34 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good find. im still shopping around for a 5spd, its been months.

anyway, i have nothing better to do so heres your car lowered and tinted

and by the way, how thin is the sidewall on those tires? rims seem larger than 18's for some reason to me. nice car
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of my new SC300 5 Speed-goodside-copy.jpg  

Last edited by RaynArt; 02-22-03 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-22-03, 08:11 AM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

Awesome car Matt....thats one of my favorite colors on an sc, hope to hear about that turbo soon.
Old 02-22-03, 09:20 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cool Car....

Hay Matt nice car.... its real nice... hehe I have had my SC300 (Royal Jade) for about a month now and I am looking to do the same things as you If you don't mind me asking how much you get your rims for ??

To : Star thats cool man, you PS (photoshop) that ?? and I take it you made your own sig ??

Shawn
Old 02-22-03, 10:01 AM
strongsail
Instructor

Default yeah, love the color

...my '93 SC4 is Silver Spruce too...

And, might I say, as a condo dweller, I LOVE YOUR GARAGE! Roomy, neat, clean, shiny floor - - it's funny how the mind works, I love my urban condo, but since I got the SC I love it less and reeeally want a garage where I can tinker...

Old 02-22-03, 03:26 PM
bmsports
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the compliments everyone. .star., thats an awsome photoshop job, bravo, im extremely impressed. Can you make the car tv2 blue? The wheels are 18x7.5, 38mm offset with 235 40 18 tires. I originally bought them for my eclipse GSX which you can see is taking up lexus space in the (messy) garage. Usually its cleaner. I need to sell it soon. The wheels are definitly look gorgious and classy from the side, but lack the width i wish for. I love the wheels, but i guess i'll be forced to sell them. I'll probably go with some 18x10 volk gt-c with 285-295 rubber in the back. I love the polished lip look. I originally paid a little over $2300 for the wheels about a year ago. I'm a big advocate for quality wheels and tires. I'll probably sell them for $1200 or so with the existing 99% tread new kumhos in the front and the toasted pirellis in the back. Anyone interested?
Old 02-22-03, 04:21 PM
SoCalSC300
Driver School Candidate

Awesome car bmsports! Looking forward to hearing about how the 2JZ-GTE swap goes. I want to do the same thing as soon as I get enough money Let us know how much you get the engine for...also have you considered getting it with the VVTI?

Btw, what do you use for leather repair? My SC300 that I just bought has some cracks in the leather and I was wondering how I should go about fixing it up.
Old 02-22-03, 05:37 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

asnatlas: yes i shopped that and made my own sig

bmsports: i can make it tv2 blue i just need a pic of how it looks exactly so i can get a better idea of what kind of blue that is.

im a "condo dweller" as well, i wish i had a garage im not touching my sc until i find a 5spd and most likely sell or trade in my current auto.
Old 02-22-03, 09:36 PM
bmsports
Driver School Candidate

Actually i already know what it looks like in blue, can you do it in fly yellow? I've always wanted to see that, here is the color..

http://rome.ro/ferrari.htm

Its a definite necessity to have a clean garage and proper tools when you are starting a swap. Last year when i was attending UF, we changed out a clutch in a eclipse in front of my apartment. It ended up taking 4 days and 8 trips to the hardware store for tools. It rained one day and working on it at night after work was a ***** with the crappy walmart hand tools we had.

I just finished repainting and remodeling the garage / floor and outfitting it with a compressor, industrial strenth vaccum, beer fridge, craftsman work bench, full air tools and new washer and dryers too. My neighbor has an engine hoist and stand i can borrow anytime. So the swap should go smoothly, or alteast as smooth as it can, there is bound to always be a snag along the way. Need an engine.
Old 02-23-03, 03:33 PM
ToyoBeastly
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

dope car dude, i really dig the color....also, is that a 98 GS-T i see?

good luck on the GTE swap, hope things work out for you

oh, and the sig police will probably be knocking on your door anytime
Old 02-23-03, 03:52 PM
bmsports
Driver School Candidate

Actually, thats my 1999 Eclipse GSX. Its waiting for a new owner, taking up Lexus space in the garage.
Old 02-23-03, 04:19 PM
ToyoBeastly
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by bmsports
Actually, thats my 1999 Eclipse GSX. Its waiting for a new owner, taking up Lexus space in the garage.
DOH!! it didnt look like 99 wheels from that angle, but once again nice car
Old 02-23-03, 05:40 PM
bmsports
Driver School Candidate

Its ok, the quality of the lexus is infinitly better than the mitsu. Even though the GSX is alot faster, its build quality leaves alot to be desired. It was fun while it lasted, i loved seeing the look on camaro owners faces after an AWD smackdown that leaves them puzzled and spinning 4 cars back.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new SC300 5 Speed