CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Bimmer boys
Old 07-31-14, 07:19 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Maybe a Civic, but keep the Lexus a Lexus...
Old 07-31-14, 07:30 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 435 Likes on 358 Posts

I'd put halos on my LS and SC if I knew how to hook them up. I think they look cool on all of the BMW's and muscle cars.

I wouldn't buy those cheap eBay lights though.
Old 07-31-14, 01:59 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeaksSC
If you get your oem ones cleaned up real well, it really makes a difference on the whole cars appearance imo. Try the wetsanding method, I did it with 2k paper and polishes it real well and it turned out great. I also think I solved the condensation issue with bath caulk. Idk if anyone has tried that but it just poored yesterday and went through the humidity of Florida and dried and had no condensation. We'll see if it lasts, just thought I'd share that since we were on headlights haha

If you really want to see pics of the halos on sc, use Google... There are plenty there, they really just don't look right on the sc. Some people do lense swaps with the clear lense and oem housing, personal choice if you want to go through that or not. Good luck with whatever you choose
Bathroom caulk? Never thought of that. You know what I'm gonna try that out since I did a lousy job with the silicon on mine the first time and the condesation just sucks. Time to actually clean my headlights the right way. Gonna buy some sand paper and work them arms. I was too cheap the first time and didn't sand anything.
Old 07-31-14, 03:44 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LexiiBabe
Bathroom caulk? Never thought of that. You know what I'm gonna try that out since I did a lousy job with the silicon on mine the first time and the condesation just sucks. Time to actually clean my headlights the right way. Gonna buy some sand paper and work them arms. I was too cheap the first time and didn't sand anything.
Old 08-02-14, 05:09 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

The OEM lights look the best. Clean 'em up and enjoy.
Old 08-02-14, 05:39 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

NOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!! Don't use caulking or silicone from hardware stores! 4 years of taking apart, cleaning, sanding, buffing, resealing, again and again and again... It never works. It will always, develop condensation later on. And it will always yellow and build up grime on the lenses if left without protection. If you do it, do it right. If you're gonna take it apart, might as well do it like a pro and replace the glue. Here's the only place you can get it besides eBay; OCI Butyl Rubber Glue. Besides it's cheap. And I promise, if you do this right, and remove the old glue and replace it with this, it will never build condensation ever again. Unless there's a hole or a crack on your lenses. It takes time but well worth it. And after you give it a real good clean, sanding and buffing the lens, and assembly; do yourself a favor, spend that $60 to protect your lenses permanently and put Lamin-X on it. Very easy and simple to install. I've had mine for a few months now and it still looks brand new. I highly recommend this if you don't want your SC to look like... well, a 20 year old car. And if you're tired of taking it apart, cleaning it, sanding, and buffing, again and again and again... Just saying, been there and done that.
Old 08-02-14, 05:52 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ This ^^
Listen to King Phillip on this stuff. He is meticulous and knows his stuff!
Old 08-02-14, 06:13 PM
jomosc400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my lenses begin to oxidize I just pull out my cordless drill, attach my megulars ball, & apply the megulars cleaner. Then rinse off the light, and ball, & repeat process with the polish. No sanding ever needed, cordless drill does all the work. Takes about 10 minutes to do both lenses + both high beams. Generally I'll just do it when I wash it.

By the way. My 93' sc400 just turned 150,000 today >> Just breakin her in.
Old 08-02-14, 10:10 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

these people need to keep their hardcore opinions to themselves, who the hell cares, if you like it put it on. everything that isn't the usual is considered rice these days. do what you like, make your car your own and don't listen to anyone on here at all, or anyone anywhere cz they're just hating and it's opinion.

cleaning the lights is really easy though, when you put them in the oven at 400F make sure you put something under them, i melted mine lol. then just wet sand with 320, 600, 1500, 2000, then polish and clear coat and you're set. mine haven't yellowed. use black silicone from any autoparts store, blends in with the housing nicely. you can try delining them so they look like those expensive clear lenses. PM me and i'll help you out.

again don't listen to these kooks and their old man opinions lol, but that's just the internet, everyone's opinion is more correct than Newtonian laws of physics.
Old 08-15-14, 05:55 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought them. Only for the black housings though. Haven't actually connected the halos.
Old 08-16-14, 06:32 PM
soarrabun
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jomosc400
When my lenses begin to oxidize I just pull out my cordless drill, attach my megulars ball, & apply the megulars cleaner. Then rinse off the light, and ball, & repeat process with the polish. No sanding ever needed, cordless drill does all the work. Takes about 10 minutes to do both lenses + both high beams. Generally I'll just do it when I wash it.

By the way. My 93' sc400 just turned 150,000 today >> Just breakin her in.
yeh, just clean them up, i like the originals,
Old 08-20-14, 05:11 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alrighty so finally got time to clean them up following O.L.T s diy. After an hour of sanding them down here is how they look fresh out of the oven.

New Sc Halos-forumrunner_20140820_171129.png
Old 08-20-14, 05:13 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Well... How high was the temp and how long did you leave it there?
Old 08-20-14, 05:20 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely did that wrong. I've baked four sets of OEM lights multiple times and the worst that ever happened was I burned my finger removing them.

I don't remember OLT's DIY ending up in the "now I have to buy new lights" mod.

Quick Reply: New Sc Halos