SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Car keyed and quarter panel pushed in

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 02:42 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car keyed and quarter panel pushed in

Hi my sc400 was recently vandalized. I have key marks across the while right side of the car.(part of the trunk, quarter panel, door, fender, and a little on the hood) also the rear quarter panel was pushed in. It was really hard to see and who knows when it really happened. I just filed a claim with geico and am meeting with an adjuster on friday for an estimate only. Anytips on what to do and what are my options.

Old 09-08-14, 03:27 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if its the pics blocking alot of the details, but I dont see alot of damage there. Find a body shop and get a quote, if they charge less than what Geico is going to honor and they do good work with a warranty, get it fixed and keep the change.
Old 09-08-14, 03:52 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 504 Likes on 300 Posts

Gecko Geico is not your buddy !!! they will fight u all the way!!!
they r not there to help u only to pay out the least they can
i was rear ended fair & square no ambiguities about it I had all my licenses insurance & registrations the party that hit me had none of those. I had to go thru hell & high water to get justice but in the end I got it.
they are NOT your buddies be forewarned
Old 09-08-14, 03:53 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry to hear about that, I knock mfrs down for doing **** like this if I see it
Old 09-08-14, 04:48 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

That sucks man, sorry to hear of this vandalism. I always park as far away from people as possible and hardly ever take it downtown and park it. When I do, I am paranoid about it every minute. There are haters out there that see a nice rare car, and they know that their chances of getting away with keying is like 99.9%. Scumbags.. Good luck with everything. Hope it all works out and you can get a brand new paint job out of the deal
Old 09-08-14, 05:28 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Barbary
Gecko Geico is not your buddy !!! they will fight u all the way!!!
they r not there to help u only to pay out the least they can
i was rear ended fair & square no ambiguities about it I had all my licenses insurance & registrations the party that hit me had none of those. I had to go thru hell & high water to get justice but in the end I got it.
they are NOT your buddies be forewarned
Slightly off topic, but I think you got in contact with a bad adjuster. I made a claim on a dent on my SC a little over a month ago, and the first quote they gave me wasnt acceptable. I explained it to him, he went back and double it with no question. Geico has always been good to me, but they do have some rude adjusters
Old 09-08-14, 06:03 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Long as the scratches can't be felt when you run your nails on it, it can be buffed right out. And for the dent, your only solution is to get it paintless dent repaired since the paint didn't crack. You wouldn't really want that to be worked on and repainted which is really better than getting it no bondo'd and the dent is still behind it.
Old 09-08-14, 06:32 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow thats wrong! Catch someone doing that to mine its on!!!
My other SC (RIP) was vandalized a few years back with its window smashed so i know the feeling!
Hang in there bud, keep your head up!
Old 09-10-14, 01:30 PM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel your pain. My wife's 2 weeks old Mercedes got keyed (My first new car ever and it was a present to my wife). I felt more pain to see my wife cried all week. Luckly for me that I didn't catch the person that keyed the car because I would be in jail and that SOB wouldn't exist in this world now.
Old 09-10-14, 02:17 PM
Equalizir
Driver

Sorry that happened to your car. That happened to me last month. We were at our local Target shopping and some bastard scrapped the side of our new Venza. No dents or anything just left a bunch of deep scratchs on two doors and the gas door. Cost $1600 bucks to repaint. The reason it was more is our car is a pearl white and from what the shop told me thats a more time consuming paint job to do. I don't know what makes people think they can just damage another persons property and not own up to it. Karma is a ***** though lol
Old 09-11-14, 02:51 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

its really hard to see the key marks unless your in the right angle. but they are deep ones. my gameplan is to get 3 estimates done before I see the adjuster. the process sucks but it has to be done in order to avoid getting ripped off like u guys said by geico. my car hit 200k last week and was already thinking of getting rid of the sc to pick up my dream gs400 for a while now. well se what happens..this cars been through alot..someone smashing into my front twice..one someone at fault..another an hit and run..and also someone backing into my drivers side quarter panel..i got bad luck
Old 10-13-14, 05:37 PM
UKDSMer
Driver School Candidate

I feel your paint. This is the first flawless body car I have ever owned and I actually enjoy detailing cars. I park it at the back of lots well out of the way, ALWAYS! I came out to this a few days ago. The car was parked all by it's self with one side at the edge of the lot. Some one did this in the 20 min I was inside fixing a machine.

There is no paint damage. The distortion is white paint that polished out with ease. PDR guy said, no way. It needs a body shop and paint. 6 months I've had this dam car.

Good luck with your claim.
Attached Thumbnails Car keyed and quarter panel pushed in-isdent.jpg