SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Testimonial AC Unit Fix w/ pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-03, 11:57 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testimonial AC Unit Fix w/ pics!!

I wanted to give a short testimonial to an eBay transaction with a seller who is known as onelasttry on here. He offers a service to replace the burnt out bulbs in your AC Unit. It took less than a week from the time I won the auction to the time I received my unit back in the mail!! Throughout the transaction I’ve asked many questions and the seller really took the time to address them. His answers were in depth and thorough showing he’s very knowledgeable on the topic. He also does more to increase the brightness than simply replacing the bulbs (though this task alone is not simple! Especially the 3 bulbs for the LCD!) I opted for the hyper whites with a bluish tint. The end result is a very impressive display that’s brighter than the stock original!! I believe he has several options for which bulbs you can choose.

These pics are just to give an idea but really don’t show how nice it looks! I honestly couldn’t be more pleased with this transaction! The introductory cost was $25 for the bulbs and the labor was free! Shipping was $6 each way so the total cost was $37! It has to be the best cost affective ‘mod’ I’ve done to the car!
Attached Thumbnails Testimonial AC Unit Fix w/ pics!!-ac1.jpg  
Old 03-05-03, 11:58 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Testimonial AC Unit Fix w/ pics!!-ac2.jpg  
Old 03-06-03, 06:06 AM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can second that turnaround time for me was 5 days for $25 its way worth it and it looks BRAND NEW. Im sure if there is enough support he might consider fixing the burntout needles.
Old 03-06-03, 09:19 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info, the deck looks good in your car as well... he does seem very knoledgeable, I am sure many of us can use that info.
Old 03-06-03, 10:24 AM
J Fresh
Driver School Candidate

Is it possible he would change the bulbs to any colour you wish as long as you paid for his services?
Old 03-06-03, 11:55 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Now if he can do the stereo also, then I got a mod to do.
Old 03-06-03, 11:56 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Where is he located btw?
Old 03-06-03, 10:44 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

evo- can you post pics with your head unit turned on. I have the same deck, and want to see how it matches the blue on the display.

Thanks
Tim
Old 03-06-03, 11:20 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

I believe it is possible to purchase the bulbs in other colors but you’ll have to check with him on that. As soon as he told me about the hyper whites I didn’t need to hear about any others.

He’s located in TN. I’m just outside MD and it took about 2 days each way through Priority Mail!

I’ll try to get some more pics but I don’t have any others currently. I had to borrow a digital camera because mine was way off on the color. You can sort of see that the LCD closely matches the buttons on the 7894. Even when lit at night, it’s a very nice match. I drove the car for about 7 months with 2 bulbs out and I never realized how bad it looked (and how much better it could be)! This is one mod I can say you’ll be completely satisfied with!
Old 03-06-03, 11:55 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I just sent mine in, i'm sure it will look awesome! I hope mine turns out looking like yours...

BTW...did the GB for the CF hoods ever go through?

PM me with the details
Old 03-07-03, 04:29 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

To all that have used this person, could someone please pass along his contact info to me. If possible, please just PM me the details. My internet access is at work, and flea-bay is blocked by our firewall.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 03-07-03, 05:42 AM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian is actually very knowledgable, and is Very responsive in terms of time, as soon as my unit came in, email, when he was done, email, when he was sending it out, email. And im sure he can work your radio too, but dont quote me for it.
Old 03-07-03, 08:54 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by EvoTuned
I believe it is possible to purchase the bulbs in other colors but you’ll have to check with him on that. As soon as he told me about the hyper whites I didn’t need to hear about any others.

He’s located in TN. I’m just outside MD and it took about 2 days each way through Priority Mail!

I’ll try to get some more pics but I don’t have any others currently. I had to borrow a digital camera because mine was way off on the color. You can sort of see that the LCD closely matches the buttons on the 7894. Even when lit at night, it’s a very nice match. I drove the car for about 7 months with 2 bulbs out and I never realized how bad it looked (and how much better it could be)! This is one mod I can say you’ll be completely satisfied with!
It's kind of a toss up with the 7894. The control buttons illuminate as green, so the stock bulbs are a good match. On the other hand, the display illumijnates as blue, so the hyper whites look nice. Jeesh......

Does anyone know if he uses oem bulbs from another car's unit or something to get the other color. Or does he just find replacements that will work? I'm wondering about the life of the new bulbs.
Old 03-07-03, 10:28 AM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

Hmm....I think Im gonna have to send some money on over to TN and get mine done too....Lookin' good Evo.
Old 03-18-03, 10:16 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my unit...got it a while ago but forgot to post the results!

Looks great!!

Quick Reply: Testimonial AC Unit Fix w/ pics!!