Radio - CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-03, 07:06 PM
goldz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Radio - CD Changer

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum, but I need some help. Here's the deal. I bought a used 1999 SC 400 for a song on e-bay, however, it turns out that the previous owner took out the old CD changer for some reason, and installed a JVC. It didn't work with the controls on my Nakamichi radio, obviously, so I bought a convertor harness that would, (supposedly) enable me to use the controls on the radio. It didn't work. I sent the radio and convertor in to the place that manufactures the convertor, to make it work. I got both the radio and convertor back 2 1/2 months later. Now, not only does the convertor not work, but my radio is shot. The volume is at max, and my volume **** will not work, to turn it down.

I decided to take a different approach. I know that some of you guys out there have done amazing things with the stereo systems in your SCs. Generally this means that you removed the OEM components. So, does anyone out there have a Lexus or Nakamichi radio you'd care to sell, and possibly a CD changer?

The 1999 has a different wiring harness for the changer than the 1992-1996 models, but I think the radios are the same. Any advice and/or components to sell?

Oh, and if anyone out there is thinking of doing business with autotoys.com, one word - don't.

Thanks,
Goldz
Old 03-24-03, 07:50 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 349 Likes on 225 Posts

go to the classifieds section and post a "wanted to buy" ad for the head unit you want. you will also find some things you are looking for over there most likely.

then go to the electronics forum and search through things there for upgrades to the stereo.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-24-03 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-24-03, 08:40 PM
goldz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha. Thanks!