SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bring back the faq.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-03, 03:53 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we will start at sacks 5th then to niemen marcus then to wallmart. We'll skip k-mart until they come out of chapter 11.

Please bring the FAQ back
Old 03-27-03, 06:57 PM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich,

When I first came around, you were there to help me. I saw what happened in the other thread, we both know that is not the way to do things. I am sorry he called you out like that...however, many of us REALLY loved that part of your site, I referenced it often...I have been away for awhile, and seeing that really hurts. Please bring it back...I will be eternally grateful! Thank you sooooo much in advance!

Leon
Old 03-27-03, 08:21 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Question

I guess I missed something? More drama again. lex400sc's site is great - I didn't know it was down. Oh - now I see. Gee wiz. Guess you all are screwed.
Old 03-27-03, 08:21 PM
skininja
Rookie

Hope this does not cause any turmoil? I thought the FAQ was a great tool to have on hand, when I first saw it I saved it to my computer. I attached the .htm to this message.

Credit to Rich for putting in the time and effort - seems many SC nuts cannot go another day without it, so I wanted to share what I had.

Note: .jpg illustrations (bodykits, etc) are not included. That's why we need the online version!
Attached Files
File Type: zip
sc faq.zip (12.9 KB, 557 views)
Old 03-27-03, 08:23 PM
skininja
Rookie

While I am at it, why not post the old SC Faq from the ladman.com site ... lot's of usefull stuff in this one, too.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
ladman sc faq.txt (11.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 03-27-03, 08:50 PM
skininja
Rookie

The SC Year Additions/Changes part of the FAQ.

Again, no accompanying pictures.

Credit again to Rich.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
sc year changes.zip (4.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 03-27-03, 10:10 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to see the faq back up too. I know how hard Rich must have worked on compiling all that stuff. So now he's probably wondering if he has to edit all of it for accuracy and attribution. And wondering what will happen if one of the images he uses turns out to be copyrighted, and he gets sued. Or, wondering if somebody using a repair procedure they found in the faq gets hurt, and he *really* gets sued. Gee, maybe he should buy liability insurance - - then he'd have to cover his costs by putting the faq on a cdrom and selling it on ebay - -

The whole thing is absurd. Why are tempers hot, people? I spouted off, too, for which I apologize. I don't usually do that. Maybe it has someting to do with CNN saturation overdose coverage of a hundred thousand of our finest citizens getting shot at in some godforsaken desert halfway around the freaking planet - -

ok, ok, I will take my Sominex and sign off now - -
Old 03-28-03, 05:12 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

forget insureance. go for disclaimer. I can write one up for you if you want.
Old 03-28-03, 09:52 AM
BAZ
Pole Position

When i was a market leader in my particular line of bizz, i was always a target for comment, good or mostly bad. take no notice......
Old 03-28-03, 01:28 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

ALERT! ALERT!

FAQ BACK ON! FAQ BACK ON!

ALERT! ALERT!

mods lets put that sticky and linky to the FAQ.
Old 03-28-03, 02:08 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

The FAQ is back up for good. It was my mistake to take it down and not explain myself. To clarify, I never said it was installed on an SC400, always an LS400. I list it on the SC FAQ because of it's cross-compatibility with our cars and to be thorough in outlining all performance mods available for the SC. Somehow I erroneously gathered that the turbo kit was made by Powerhouse Racing, probably because I was searching the forum broadly for all info at the time and there were numerous TT V8 threads.

Lextreme did email me about changing the information, but two hours after he posted a "can you believe this guy thread" on his own website and an identical thread on CL. I read both threads before I read his email because I have about five email boxes that I only check once daily and I have programs that monitor my web refferers more frequently. I guess I overreacted, but my "attitude problem" comes from people that turn simple issues like changing a blip on my site into very public matters without attempting to reach out to me about it first. It's not like I refuse to credit people or intentionally disperse false information. I've never had a problem creditting people that helped out with the FAQ.

I didn't list Lextreme's name because (a) all info was generalized info that could be found on the forums (b) Lextreme didn't submit the info himself and thus was not creditted for contributing to the FAQ in the traditional sense (c) I was not aware that Lextreme had a website dedicated to the turbo kit, which would compliment the FAQ info (d) the FAQ is a standalone resource, searchable on the web, and adding ClubLexus-specific member handles to ALL the information would only serve to confuse non-CL visitors... ie: healerhand's turbo kit, manaray's body kit, pcmw's wheels---such names have no significance to a random visitor---I add them in only to credit people that offered help in researching it.

I hope there are no hard feelings. I didn't intend to incite a vs-battle against Lextreme. I applaud his entrepreneurial spirit in enhancing the Lexus V8.
Old 03-28-03, 03:26 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-28-03 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-28-03, 04:18 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to see peace in our time! Welcome back FAQ.
Old 03-28-03, 04:32 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Rich is da man!
Old 03-28-03, 05:32 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Default Thanks

Lex,

Thanks for the correction. No hard feeling. By doing what you did bring the FAQ back i give you a lot of credit and respect.

Peace.

Quick Reply: Bring back the faq.