SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Uh oh...another preview... :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-03, 05:42 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good, how much is the jic kit? And is it manufactured here or overseas?
Old 03-30-03, 06:21 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

that front bumper looks hot. cant wait to see it all done and on the car

~ STella
Old 03-30-03, 07:54 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by the_ez_rhino
looking good, how much is the jic kit? And is it manufactured here or overseas?
JIC kit runs from 1250 to as much as 1500 on some websites....Its a JDM kit...made in Japan.. Japan means: high quality stuff..
Old 03-31-03, 02:10 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Richie - The wheels are being built right now...

So far, so good. the car is coming along. It's just been held up because of a backordered factory part (bumper absorber). Thanks for all the compliments guys. So far, I'm VERY happy with the JIC stuff...all their products are top notch!

As for fitment, so far so good...only some material on the rear skirt piece needed to be trimmed (on the inside, not on the visible part). It seems that the left and right side of my rear bumper isn't exactly even (it doesn't line up perfect with the quarter panel line either...)...my rear bumper might have been tapped or something...who knows, either way, it's very minor...
Old 03-31-03, 06:37 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Manaray: did you get side moldings for the correct fitment? to save $300, I didn't get side moldings..I hope it fits right...
Old 04-01-03, 06:10 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin' good manny, gives me buyer's remorse for splurging on the AC kit, the JIC looks bueno in Sandstone...
HRE's on the way for u?
Old 04-04-03, 12:38 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Lookin' good manny, gives me buyer's remorse for splurging on the AC kit, the JIC looks bueno in Sandstone...
HRE's on the way for u?
NONSENSE! The AC kit is money well spent. How many people have the AC kit? Hardly anyone! Plus the JIC kit is more aggressive looking so it's not like you would have had the same "look" either...

OneHotSC400 - No, I didn't get the '97+ door moldings cuz I wasn't sure if I needed them...here's a picture of the side of the car...you can determine if you think you need them...I'm probably going to get them...
Attached Thumbnails Uh oh...another preview... :)-sideskirts.jpg  
Old 04-04-03, 10:35 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

OneHotSC400 - No, I didn't get the '97+ door moldings cuz I wasn't sure if I needed them...here's a picture of the side of the car...you can determine if you think you need them...I'm probably going to get them...
$250 dollars to get rid of that little gap is a bit pricey...It is hardly noticeable...

Question: I got a AMC sticker that came along with some screws thats in a bag that is attached in the rear skirt...What is AMC.? I thought it was suppose to be a JIC kit?
Old 04-04-03, 10:41 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I'd get the mouldings manny....
Old 04-04-03, 11:13 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

wow, that kit looks so much nicer in those pic than that on the JIC site. can't wait to see it on!

on a side note, i was very tempted to get this kit also from Mr. Ganz, but decided not to. i should have just bought it just in case..
Old 04-04-03, 11:14 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

hey manaray,
it looks like in the pic the body shop re-painted your door also? or did they just "blend?"

could you PM me with your body man? i need to paint some stuff. thanks!
Old 04-05-03, 05:37 AM
legendary
Racer

wow Manny.....at first I thought that was too aggressive on this car, but the little pieces are nudging me and saying it may not be so bad after all. That looks bad ***!
Old 04-05-03, 05:40 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Loving this thread, now that my brakes are somewhat fixed I'm starting to get some love for my SC again, that and 700 dollars more and she's paid off = 0 debt. I'm thinking about getting the JIC kit, but there is a red one in gainsville that has it (and it looks sick I might add). But in order to be different I think I'll have to get the AC.

As for the moldings, if your going to spend 1500-2500 on a kit, plus upgrade parts and paint, then don't spend 250-400 on some cheap moldings, you need to reconsider what your driving. Perfection is worth everything.
Old 04-05-03, 11:05 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Onelove
Perfection is worth everything.

wurd...
Old 04-06-03, 12:48 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

One Hot SC400 - AMC is just the brand name that JIC uses for their body kits...

Lex Luthor & One Love - I agree with you guys. But after looking at the current gap I have and the gap I had when I tried on the OEM '97+ side skirts, it doesn't look as large so now I'm wondering if the newer door molding will be too big. This kit was always ment to go on an older SC (as evidence by the rear bumper add-on which would not fit onto the newer style rear bumper) so I'm not sure what the deal is. I am going to order one side and try it out (without actually attaching it) to see if it fits better...if it does, I agree, "Perfection is worth everything."

Do-Luck SC - Yeah, I too wasn't convinced when I saw the pictures that JIC had. But then I saw the kit on another SC in one of my JDM magazines and I was sold. I also did some photoshopping with 20" wheels and it looked nice...

As for the door...yeah, you can say they blended it a little...hehehehe..actually, they painted nearly the entire car (except the roof and trunk lid/spoiler)....the paint was in AMAZING shape (it was original paint and the previous owners must have REALLY taken care of it...)...however, since I bought the car used, it has some minor door dings and scratches...well they're all gone now....they did a great colormatch too (and now the paint on the car and the bumpers actually match...unlike before with the Factory paint job...very minor mismatch though, most people wouldn't be able to tell). They're in the final stages of colorsanding so we'll see how it turns out....Do-Luck, email me and I'll let you know who did it... (gs430@mac.com)

Legendary - Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I was REALLY torn between this and the AC kit but I decided that the SC is a Luxury Sports Coupe so it would be cool to have it a little "sportier" looking. Some friends of mine have seen it on the car nearly finished (and these are "Live-Eat-Die-Brabus-Only" guys) and they were quite impressed with the overall look.

As for the price, when Steve had the group buy going on this, it was only like $1300 I believe. Like I said, nearly "knock-off" pricing!....

Quick Reply: Uh oh...another preview... :)