SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Uh oh...another preview... :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-03, 04:02 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Uh oh...another preview... :)

Here's the SC400 at the body shop getting the kit put on...not exactly an ugly kit, eh?

Also, for those of you not familiar with body shops and getting kits put on and whatnot, don't EVER go and see your car before it's done! Check out the bear paw prints on the side of the car...I think I found Toog's SC-eating bear...but there wasn't any food in my car so he just humped it and left...
Attached Thumbnails Uh oh...another preview... :)-sc400-preview.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 03-28-03 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-28-03, 04:21 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Manaray, is that the AC kit on Project SC? Anyway, looks great from what the picture shows us! Can't wait to see it when it's complete!
Old 03-28-03, 08:00 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks more like the JIC kit...?
Old 03-28-03, 08:20 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With Manaray, its AC or the highway
Old 03-28-03, 10:06 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manaray, you're a big tease for only showing 1 pic.
Old 03-28-03, 10:33 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

nice car, looks like richs car from the back
Old 03-28-03, 01:34 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up So fresh and so clean!

Wow, so low, so smooth... Damn Mike, it's about time you got that AC kit on your car! They sure don't mess around when they say slow boat , but for the price I guess you can't really complain . I wish I bought one...
Old 03-28-03, 02:08 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks kinda like a vertex kit from the bak.
dont tease Aznteazer and show some more pics
Old 03-28-03, 04:45 PM
lawman
Driver

Does not really look like the AC kit from the back. For some reason the AC kit looks like the full bumper replacement sticks out a little farther then the stock bumper making he SC a little longer...
Old 03-28-03, 11:14 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

tan color, man thats such a brave color. i could never imagine myself having a car with TAN on the inside or worst tan on the outside. But that looks looks nice and clean though. black is kinda played out.
Old 03-29-03, 01:39 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One Hot SC400 gets the prize...it is the JIC-Magic kit....it took a while to get it but it was worth the wait...I was REALLY going to do the AutoCouture kit but after looking at every damn kit I could get pictures of, I decided on the JIC kit cuz it was a little more sporty than the AutoCouture but not overly agresssive...it's like a step between the T&E Vertex kit and the AutoCouture kit...

What was crazy about the JIC kit is the price! It's almost priced like a knock-off kit!! Hehehehe...that was just an extra bonus in my book...I would have bought the kit if it was nearly the same price as the AutoCouture...I say nearly because the rear bumper is an "add-on", not a complete replacement like the AutoCouture.

I had taken pictures before the install but I didn't post any...now that the car is nearly done, I am putting together the write up on the entire project...so I decided to let one out...as for the article, it's about 10 pages....with LOTS of pictures (I have over 500 pictures overall (and that's w/o the "completed" photos) but I will be narrowing it down to 100~200 hopefully....can you say "bandwidth"...hope none of you guys are on modems! )

I did this entire project with a "realistic" spending limit in mind (by "realistic", I mean not for someone on a student's budget but more along the lines of someone who has a full time job and doesn't have crazy amounts of debt....) If you could get a good price on the SC (saying you don't have one...), you could do this whole project for less the cost of a full loaded Civic Si to a full loaded Accord Coupe (maybe even less depending on how much you pay for the SC)...it's not so financial "painful" if you spread the project out over time too. For me, it has take a year from the day I bought the car to the day it will be complete (plus or minus a few weeks)....

Jmai - Yeah, the Champagne color is probably the hardest color to make "look cool" but AutoCouture did it with their showcar so I figured I could do it too (you can dooo it!)...I came VERY, VERY close to repainting the entire car a different color (I was looking at a lot of colors including Spectra Blue, Mercedes Pewter, Sport Design Grey, GX470 Meridian Blue, etc., etc..)....I have considered an interior color change but honestly, to get all the parts would cost an arm and leg and to reskin the entire interior would also cost an arm and a leg so I decided against it. I am going to do a new set of Katzkins Leather though...I can include a "how to" on the leather install in the article if you guys are interested....

Here's another picture...don't mind the missing highbeam...we were just test fitting...
Attached Thumbnails Uh oh...another preview... :)-sc400-preview-2.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 04-06-03 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-29-03, 10:42 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Mike, do you already have the wheels for the SC on?
Old 03-29-03, 02:14 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Manaray, the front bumper looks awesome..Can't wait to get my kit on... How is the over fitment coming along..
Old 03-29-03, 04:54 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

As always, a beautiful job by Manaray.

-Anthony
Old 03-30-03, 02:43 PM
SCLEX
Pole Position

I am going to do a new set of Katzkins Leather though...I can include a "how to" on the leather install in the article if you guys are interested....
- Manaray

Yeah that would be great if you included a "how to" on the leather install.
-Richard

Quick Reply: Uh oh...another preview... :)