SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My first SC, Needing Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15, 05:58 AM
BasicJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first SC, Needing Some Help

So I recently got a 94' sc400 and I kinda want to make it a drift/daily car since I never see many of these and when I do it's being driven by older folks. Lol
Anyways any pointers on what should be done right off the start to give my car that little push and get it sideways lol
Old 12-23-15, 06:18 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Well If you wanna drift it I would say manual swap for sure. Obviously coilovers and some upgraded arms. From there, if you really wanna daily the thing I wouldn't go too crazy on ripping the interior out, its not as heavy as you think. You could totally save some weight by trading the seats out for some Brides or better. Make it your own and have fun with it, share pictures of your car man!
Old 12-23-15, 01:57 PM
BasicJay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Well If you wanna drift it I would say manual swap for sure. Obviously coilovers and some upgraded arms. From there, if you really wanna daily the thing I wouldn't go too crazy on ripping the interior out, its not as heavy as you think. You could totally save some weight by trading the seats out for some Brides or better. Make it your own and have fun with it, share pictures of your car man!
Yeaa I've been looking into a manual swap and seen that a W58 is a good way to go, still not decided since I'm still looking and doing research. & idk I kinda feel like the interior is useless for me, since I don't ever have no one in the back seats and a lot of things are extra and unused. But thanks ! I'll post some soon.
Old 12-23-15, 02:35 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by BasicJay
Yeaa I've been looking into a manual swap and seen that a W58 is a good way to go, still not decided since I'm still looking and doing research. & idk I kinda feel like the interior is useless for me, since I don't ever have no one in the back seats and a lot of things are extra and unused. But thanks ! I'll post some soon.
Well yeah if you never use the back seat then by all means. Just forewarning, the cabin will get really loud for daily use, I cant imagine after you get exhaust too. You'll have to blast your music to hear it or you can totally forget about trying to have a conversation with anyone you drive with. Girls will hate that FYI lol..
Old 12-23-15, 02:39 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

I ditched the passenger seat and kept the rear seats. It's sorta ugly in back with no rear seats unless you're putting in a cage. The 3-seater layout is more usable than just two front seats, IMO, and makes for some rather cavernous interior space. I fit a 30"x60" sheet of plastic in there the other day!
Old 12-23-15, 03:07 PM
Kris9884
Racer

^^ LOL I could totally see a buddy belting in the back seat with lounge chair like leg room, not a bad trade off at all.
Old 12-23-15, 04:56 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

^^ LOL I could totally see a buddy belting in the back seat with lounge chair like leg room, not a bad trade off at all.
I've taken a few people for rides, and while they say it's a bit weird sitting a couple feet further back than normal, they can't deny that it's the most chill ride ever. Those rear bucket seats really are quite comfortable. They just lack leg room normally.
Old 12-24-15, 03:10 AM
BasicJay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by t2d2
I ditched the passenger seat and kept the rear seats. It's sorta ugly in back with no rear seats unless you're putting in a cage. The 3-seater layout is more usable than just two front seats, IMO, and makes for some rather cavernous interior space. I fit a 30"x60" sheet of plastic in there the other day!
Well I kinda do what a roll cage but nothing extreme.. Just cause in the near future I plan on buying a 4 banger as a daily for gas saving. Then the SC would be my track/ weekender or something like that. Gonna try and keep it street legal if possible 😂 Lol but thanks for the ideas, I feel like something will turn out well! Thanks yall
Old 12-24-15, 03:11 AM
BasicJay
Driver School Candidate

On another note, wings.. I wanna install a wing & I was looking at TRD supra wings and wondered if anyone has ever seen that. I also seen an SC with an Evo 8 wing. Looked dope. I feel not that many wings go with the car cause of its shape and form.
Old 12-24-15, 11:02 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by BasicJay
On another note, wings.. I wanna install a wing & I was looking at TRD supra wings and wondered if anyone has ever seen that. I also seen an SC with an Evo 8 wing. Looked dope. I feel not that many wings go with the car cause of its shape and form.
Are adding wings still a thing? Unless youre drifting and bolting it to the rear frame itself its a total waste, it just pushes the trunk down lol..No offense man but I think the Evo wing would look terrible... Especially since you were thinking about the body lines. The evo wing is boxy and edgy but our cars don't have a single edge on them, BUT, to each his own...
Old 12-25-15, 03:08 PM
BasicJay
Driver School Candidate

Are adding wings still a thing? Unless youre drifting and bolting it to the rear frame itself its a total waste, it just pushes the trunk down lol..No offense man but I think the Evo wing would look terrible... Especially since you were thinking about the body lines. The evo wing is boxy and edgy but our cars don't have a single edge on them, BUT, to each his own...
No offense taken bro, I just seen it on an SC & I thought it looked good but still looking cause not that many wings go with the car, & I like the way a car looks with a wing. Idk if it's still the thing to do. But that's my liking lol
Old 01-02-16, 08:28 AM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 1st gen AMX had no back seat, instead there was a carpet covered back board that made a great place to install a realy thumping speaker system into, that would help over come any extra cabin noise. As far as wings go you'll have to decide on wether you want a competion look or style look.
Old 01-03-16, 07:07 AM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Manual transmission swap (cd009) stiffer suspension, rack bushings and that's all you really need and a spare set of rear wheels.