SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Red SC with JIC Magic Kit with Custom Interior..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-03, 09:36 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks rediculous with the skirts on backwards...
Old 04-16-03, 10:17 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
I didn't even notice until Manaray pointed it out...

It does look funky...I wouldn't go back to the body shop that did this MAJOR mistake...~!
Old 04-16-03, 10:57 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by One HoT SC400

It does look funky...I wouldn't go back to the body shop that did this MAJOR mistake...~!
I could be wrong but I believe that the owner of the car runs a shop that also does body work.

Car looks clean, I like the JIC kit a little more now, but my heart is still with AC.
Old 04-17-03, 01:10 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by bmsport
Hehe, if only Doug knew that his car was so appreciated on this site. I'm gonna have to call him up. It is the best looking SC i have ever seen in person. Red is the THE color for that kit, white looks like ***, especially with those fugly wheels!
The kit looks great on sandstone beige too. I wouldn't necessarily call those wheels "fugly" either.

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
'Rediculous'... that wasn't an intentional pun now was it?

Originally posted by SCerious
You guys are killing me too. I was planning to paint my SC red (Lexus Absolutely Red IS300 color) and install a JIC kit....so much for being original. But the combo is too stout to deny. Who's selling the JIC Magic kits anyway and what's the street price?
Carson Toyota sells the JIC kit, though I'm not sure on the exact dollar price. It is very reasonably priced though. Probably one of the better choices for the SC as far as price, availability, and style. You can call direct 310-522-2300, or toll free 1-800-90-TOYOTA, for more details on ordering the kit. Ask for Steve Ganz.

Originally posted by One HoT SC400

I wonder if he realizes his side skirts are on backwards? How did proper orientation escape the installer's mind when mounting them on the car??
Old 04-17-03, 03:05 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I first test fitted the kit, we put the skirts on backwards too...but then I stood back and looked at it and it looked wrong (compared to the front bumper lines and the rear add-on bumper line)....so then we reversed it and viola...it was pretty logical to us....just to make sure, when I went home later that day and looked it up on JIC's website

I've got a huge warning for you folks thinking about getting this kit (or any SC body kit for that matter).

First off, if you're never owned a car with a body kit or a really lowered car, you're going to damage it within the first day guaranteed. Because of the way the SC's nose is designed (LONG overhang), it's VERY, VERY easy to hit it on driveways, speedbumps, dips, sharp inclines on streets (i.e. San Francisco...I can think of a few streets I wouldn't be able to drive up OR down on due to the incline), and parking blocks. Hell, I can think of a many places I couldn't drive through now (like a few of the fast food drive-thru by my house!)

I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend doing a 20" setup or the FAT 19" setup to get the extra 1/2" in ground clearance and the extra 1/2" less of fender gap to give your car a "lowered" look w/o actually having to lower it too much). I am currently on Stock 16" wheels (my 20's are being "cut" as we speak....ok, well they will be in the morning...not right now... ) and I had to raise my JIC coilovers to the highest setting (looks like stock height!) I could set it on and it's STILL very low. Oh, by the way, don't buy "Pro-Lift" brand hydraulic jacks...they suck ***...

More importantly, drive very carefully and slow down on dips inthe street no matter how "minor"...I've already scraped the bottom of the front bumper on a couple "little" dips (that I normally barrel through in my GS430)....that was before I lifted the car some more though (and it was on the very bottom so you can't see it at all which is ok by me)...I have been spoiled by my GS's short front overhang and 20" setup ...

But BOY HOWDY, DOES IT LOOK FRICKIN' TIGHT AS HELL! But if you drive your SC daily and on messed up streets, I would highly suggest you do the '97 Factory upgrade instead (if you own a pre-97). I mean I used to scrape the black plastic part on my stock '92 front bumper with the car at stock height! (of course, I wasn't being "careful")...the SC's long nose just kills it...

Everwhere I driven the SC (even on the stock POS wheels), people were blown away....I mean how many fixed up SC's do you see? Even in Los Angeles, "Fixed Up Car Captiol of the World" (outside of Yokohama of course!) you don't see many....I also went to a couple of high end performance shops (that normally work on high dollar Mercedes and BMW's...you know, body kits that cost $6000....) and even they were droolin'....and the car is "BEIGE" colored of all things!....how many "BEIGE" colored cars get props?? Hehehe....

I will be taking plenty of photos so any "fence sitters" out there will get a eyeful of photos real soon. I just want to wait until the wheels are done...

So Rich, are our cars going to be "brofas from the SAME mufah" soon? You have to get some 20's though...

One HoT SC400 - Sucks not to go back to your OWN body shop! Hehehehe....I'm sure it was an honest mistake...I mean there aren't any directions that come with the body kit....he was probably excited and put it on in a hurry....I wonder if the holes lined up though??

SCerious - Why not do one of the newer Lexus colors (like Graphite or one of the new Blues or even the Onyx Purple color)....I was going to change the entire color of the car too but I was actually trying to do this car within a budget (for the project car article I'm working on) and that would have put it over budget since I wanted a "inside out" full conversion paint job (if I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right!)....turns out even my stock Beige color looks nice with the kit...

OneLove - Go with what you REALLY want...at one point, the AutoCouture kit was the end and be all for kits for the SC for me...but I have always liked the T&E Vertex kit except the way the front bumper bows downward (or forward)...when I saw the JIC kit, I was sold! When I found out what the price was, I thought they made a mistake! Hehehe...

808 - Hey, I think this kit on a White SC would look hot also...just the pictures on JIC's website isn't that great...that's ok, they'll have some nice pictures of someone's "beige" colored SC online soon...

Tony - You just gotta make me jealous about your turbo setup, don't ya?!

Oh, I think I will post a picture of the kit....a shot where the wheels won't matter....soon...
Old 04-17-03, 05:44 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE pearl white SCs,i was looking for one before i found my spruce, just with that kit it looks like a giant tampon. And i do stand by my decision that those rims are fugly, thats just my opinion. I just think polished/chrome rims on a white car is a big styling "no-no". Just my $.02.
Old 04-17-03, 06:50 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

bm - I think chrome/high polish lips are a no-no regardless of the color of the car!

Actually, that picture of the JZS147 GS300 with the photoshopped HRE 546R wheels in high polished looks pretty good...but other white cars I've seen with chrome/high polished wheels didn't look so good...

I suppose body style will make a difference on how it takes to a particular color...

At any rate, here are some pictures of SC400 with the JIC kit....only a couple of photos because I don't have the wheels on yet...

Old 04-17-03, 06:52 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Do the little things like the '97+ lower door moldings make a difference? HELL YEAH!

And this is one for our out of state and international members who haven't had a chance to visit Los Angeles

Last edited by Manaray; 04-17-03 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-17-03, 07:36 AM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Hey manaray, can you please post pics of your stock GS rims? LA is also the stolen car capital in my book, So im just going 97+ upgrade, GS 6 spoke rims (i think they are 6, maybe 7)
Old 04-17-03, 08:13 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Excellent. You know i'm picky manny, and it looks tite. You're very talented @ excluding the rolling stock from the shots. Glad to see you got the door mouldings, knew it would make a difference, would have been very dissapointed in you if you didn't. Big up, brother.

P.S. - manny, think the AC will be as bad a scraper? Looks a little better (milder) far as 'scrapage' goes, not too sure though....
Old 04-17-03, 09:20 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WHOA! What a sexy @&*@&^! Manaray you gotta stop makin people drool with all these pix...hehe
Old 04-17-03, 11:58 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default I agree :)

LOL I agree with One HoT SC400, you just love to TEASE us with your pics I love seeing all you do to your car and I /drool everytime But really you are doing a GREAT JOB and I am looking forward to seeing more

Shawn
Old 04-17-03, 12:16 PM
Lvangundy

Manaray - I tend to notice small details ... is part of the front incomplete? or just a bad camera angle?
Attached Thumbnails Red SC with JIC Magic Kit with Custom Interior..-hmm.jpg  

Last edited by Lvangundy; 04-17-03 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-17-03, 01:49 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Post drool!

Manaray, all I gotta say about those pix is mighty tasty! Great job- can't wait to see it with the rims.
Old 04-17-03, 02:20 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Bmsport, are you in Miami? If that's your SC, I think I saw you down around Miami airport a couple of weeks ago. I have a Silver/Saddle SC430 w/ AutoCouture front & rear lip spoilers. If that's you, nice ride! Even though I have a 430, I still think the 1st Gen SC is the most beautiful car on the road. I used to have an SC300, so I still visit the forum occasionally.

DSeag2

Quick Reply: Red SC with JIC Magic Kit with Custom Interior..