SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

v8 emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-03, 09:27 PM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v8 emblems?

anybody know if any V8 emblems were made for the sc/soarer? if not, do any of the toyota emblems have a decent match (in size) to the "lexus" or "soarer" rear trunk emblems? im looking for a V8 emblem i can put on the opposite side of my trunk from my "soarer" emblem without looking tacky. the closest thing i can find is the mercedes V12 emblem, but putting that on would be like nose-diving into a big bag of rice.
Old 04-20-03, 10:22 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

putting on a V8 one is also sort of rice since none of the SC's ever came with that...

Why not do the "4.0 GT" side emblems that came on the JDM Soarers?
Old 04-21-03, 12:46 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

I think it would look good........ someone has to be diffrent which is okay.
Old 04-21-03, 12:58 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, but be different for a good reason, not just for the sake of being different.

I mean no one has an ARISTO emblem on their Soarer either...
Old 04-21-03, 01:35 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

The emblem part is out of the ??........ V8 wont be so bad. I think I can find one in the junk yard for free. (KYLESC300) if you want one.

How will my car look with a Celsior emblem on my Majesta LOL

I do have my Majesta emblems still if someone wants them free. I took mine off I just have to see where I have them stashed. I know I didnt throw them away.
Old 04-21-03, 05:28 AM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

putting on a V8 one is also sort of rice since none of the SC's ever came with that...
by that logic, virtually any mod to a car = rice. its not like i would be lying to the world by labeling my car as a v8, i just think it would be a nice compliment. and as for the 4.0 GT emblem, that intrigues me...though i have no idea who could get me one. {-.-}, im looking for something that would match the size and style of my JDM emblems, at least to a degree...thanks for the offer, but i can go and purchase one (maybe at a toyota dealership) if i can find any that match.
Old 04-21-03, 03:53 PM
lexsoarer400
Rookie

i don't really know how it would look or if i would do it but what about the V8 on the side of the car like on mercedes 600's, the V12 emblem you were talking about? just wondering what you guys thought
Old 04-22-03, 07:01 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Default Already there

Ive already beaten you guys to it. What your looking for is either a chrome or gold V8 emblem that came with the toyota sequoia/tundra/landcruiser. This matches the car perfectly... Mine looks very sharp and that gives it lots of respect. Mine was $29, i cant remember exactly who I ordered it from, just do a search for lexus or toyota emblems and it'll come up. And yes, on the right side of the trunk lid is where it belongs. If you have a 98-00 SC with the SCxxx on the right side of the trunk lid, then too bad, and good luck finding a good spot.
Old 04-22-03, 07:06 AM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

i thought the land cruiser emblem was too large - isnt it like 2 inches tall and 3 inches wide or sometihng? please post pics if yu can
Old 04-22-03, 11:34 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Default Nah

No the toyota truck V8 emblem is nto that big... it matches perfectly with any lexus emblem, it is about 1/4-1/2 an inch taller than the "LEXUS" script found on our cars... and that is not noticeable when its mounted on the opposite side of the trunk lid. I'm sorry, but you cant expect any pics or anything from me until school is out... i am a college student so i am busy from 9am - 9pm monday through friday and work all day saturday and if im lucky, i can have sunday to spend time with my g/f or just to relax... its very frustrating, believe me. I dont drive my car during the week because i dont want to rack the miles on all the way to Dartmouth, and I certainly dont want the kids here to have a chance to touch it either. In closing, the toyota trucks V8 is the way to go... I'll try my best to post pics next weekend but chances are, i'll just be too busy yet again.

PS: during the week i switch cars with my mom, i drive her 99 civic, she drives my lexus for the 10 miles she has to drive during the week so it basically never sees the road.
Old 04-22-03, 03:18 PM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

just stopped by my local toyota dealership and spotted some tundras and land cruisers with the V8 emblem, and ive gotta say it is WAY too big for my liking the soarer emblem i have on the other side of the trunk is just under 1 inch tall, and the V8 emblems on those trucks are almost twice as tall. heck, they're close to the size of the circulat T emblem i have in the middle of the trunk. that mercedes v12 emblem is 1 inch tall and would be perfect if only they made a v8 emblem

oh, ps, saw a green current body style mustang GT with a v12 emblem on its driver's side fender. completely stock otherwise. uh huh.

Last edited by kylesc400; 04-22-03 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-23-03, 06:36 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Default really?

No.... The one i have is only 1/4 inch taller than the "lexus" script... I think you might have see one of the "i force" V8 powered tundras.... i think their emblem is much bigger than the standard tundras.
Old 04-23-03, 07:19 AM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

hrmm, maybe ill give it a second look. do you happen to know the part number or model/year your v8 emblem came from?
Old 04-23-03, 07:58 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Default ok

The person you want to email is i believe autogold@aol.com they sell exclusively emlems, plate frames and othr cosmetic accesories at very good prices.... They got me all my new hardware for only about 300, the exhaust tips were almost half that!!
Old 04-24-03, 01:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by kylesc400
by that logic, virtually any mod to a car = rice. its not like i would be lying to the world by labeling my car as a v8, i just think it would be a nice compliment. and as for the 4.0 GT emblem, that intrigues me...though i have no idea who could get me one. {-.-}, im looking for something that would match the size and style of my JDM emblems, at least to a degree...thanks for the offer, but i can go and purchase one (maybe at a toyota dealership) if i can find any that match.
Would you label a SC300 with a "I6" emblem? Don't do it to get "respect"...so people with go "ohhh, a V8"...I mean if you're doing it for that reason, that's kinda cheesy don't ya think? I think the 4.0 GT emblem would be a nice touch...try asking ACleanSC4 (Tony)...he can get emblems....but hey, if a V8 emblem really does it for you, go for it...at least you're not adding a Corvette V8 emblem!

Quick Reply: v8 emblems?