SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bad Body Kits!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-03, 04:16 PM
DLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Body Kits!!!!

I have just purchased a body kit for my SC400. I took it to an experienced body shop, who only deals in high end vehicles and quality work.

They said "they have installed alot of body kits and this is the worst fitting kit they have ever seen"!!!!

I wasn't expecting a great fit knowing the manufacturer wasn't the best , but this kit was off by INCHES!!!. The best fitting piece was the front bumper and that took a great deal of work to fit on(And it still fits horribly). The side skirts were not even the right length, and the area where the bolts are to be mounted was curved instead of straight. The fibreglass was the thinest and least flexible I have seen.

(I should of went with urethane, but there is still no excuse for the sale of a poor fitting product)

Just curious if anyone else has encountered problems as I have.
Old 05-08-03, 04:23 PM
jwar
Driver

What kit is it? VIS?
Old 05-08-03, 04:26 PM
DLEX
Driver School Candidate

UMMMMM YA ! It is VIS
BIG MISTAKE, I know now.
Old 05-08-03, 04:30 PM
jwar
Driver

LOL.
I knew when you said that the side skirt was wayyy off.
Join sxylxy in his court case against VIS if you can't get your money back.
Old 05-08-03, 04:46 PM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

hahahah!!! i too have a vis kit...the kit could fit better but, however it wasnt off by inches!..(that sucks) is it on your car and painted already? can you post some pics? i'll post some of mine when i get a chance, then we can compare. this is gonna be fun!
Old 05-08-03, 07:08 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You shouldve done your research before purchasing...If you had done search here at CLUBLEXUS regarding "VIS" then you would've known...It is possiblity the worst body kit out there and very POOR customer service....

No urethane kits out for SC...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 05-09-03 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-08-03, 07:44 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like this kits price evens out with other kits becuase of the money involved to get it right... sorry to hear about it! if I ever go for a kit, I think Im going to try and go with a rarer JDM kit... maybe try and get the target team pheonix kit... but I bet the time it takes to get here would drive me crazy!!!
Old 05-08-03, 08:21 PM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about you choice of VIS. I was probably the 1st guy to go head to head with them and win. I have two things to say to you, I said it to sxylexy cause I talked to him on the phone when he had his problem and i'll tell you the same thing. Write letters to the better buisness bureau and follow up to every single letter the ask you to respond to, you have to hit them where it hurts the most, THEIR REPUTATION (which is already crap). NUMBER 2 and I wish people would check threads before buying. NEVER BUY ANYTHING THAT EXPENSIVE IN CASH/CHECK/OR MONEY ORDER, ONLY CREDIT CARD. If you don't have one ask to use somebody else's and pay them. All you gotta do is make a dispute with your credit card company and they will go after them like crazed doggs. And VIS will listen to them cause if VISA and MASTERCARD (the only two credit cards VIS takes) gets upset with them for constant complaints, then they will revoke their rights to use their card. WHICH RESULTS IN HUGE LOSS IN PROFITS FOR PHONE ORDERS.

Sorry again to hear that you have to deal with these guys, they are jerks once they get your money. Don't give up be prepared to go into a six month fight and if you don't give up you'll get your money back trust me.

Later
Vinnie
Old 05-09-03, 03:47 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this is why VIS took the SC kit off their website?
Old 05-13-03, 05:59 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a new quote I found....

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey." - John Ruskin

Not directed towards anyone specifica but when will people learn? If you don't have the money to mod your ride correctly, then you don't have money to MOD PERIOD. Most mods aren't NOT that expensive. I know that "cost" is a relative thing but honestly, if you can afford to buy a Lexus, you should be able to afford to buy mods of the same caliber. If you can not, you are OBVIOUSLY overextending your fundage. Just drive it stock until you CAN afford the right mods.

Also, before you buy something that's relatively expensive (no matter what it is) DO SOME DAMN RESEARCH!