SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How often do people compliment your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-17, 02:09 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 377 Likes on 255 Posts

You can either go get a kit to do the restore yourself or....

https://www.organizedgaragestatus.com/
Old 03-06-17, 07:30 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Received another compliment on mine today...boy do I love this car...
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (03-06-17)
Old 03-06-17, 08:58 PM
1uZLeX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An older guy who was walking buy was stunned because he hadn't seen a sc since the 90s he was like "howd you manage to get this thing"

and i pulled up to a ferrari same color as my car gave me a thumbs upxD

mainly exhaust compliments with just res delete people love it

one time I went to pick my bro up at his middle school and some kid tells his dad look it's a Supra It was funny
Ezroni (03-06-17)
Old 03-07-17, 07:51 AM
Schleme
Driver School Candidate

Recently had someone mistake my car for a Camaro, surprisingly not the first time its happened,
wasnt flattering to me in the slightest
Ezroni (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 12:17 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts

Ive gotten more thumbs up on my 99 SC400 in the past 2 months than i have on my 95 SC300 in the past 2 years. Im guessing it has to do with the infinitely superior condition of the paint lol. Always happy to see people appreciate the car and oddly enough there is no set demographic in my case. Ive had people in their 60s pull up next to me in a Benz and mention how nice the car is as often as i get people my age ( mid 20s) pull up saying they either had one before or always wanted one. And of course its always fun when another sc pulls up next to me and you just kinda nod at each other before driving away.
Ezroni (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 02:57 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by vteruni
Ive gotten more thumbs up on my 99 SC400 in the past 2 months than i have on my 95 SC300 in the past 2 years.
I had an older guy stop by this weekend to look at my '94, and he ended up being mostly interested in the '98. He kept prodding whether it might be for sale, paying it significantly more attention.
Old 03-07-17, 09:21 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxFlii
I hear people talking as I drive past through the neighborhood. Men in early twenties or late teens usually shout nice car or that its clean.
I've gotten some comments in small grocery stores.
when I take it to get alignment or to my hobby shop for the lift I usually get the most comments... people cant believe how clean it is, but i'm actually frustrated at how beat up its gotten.
I have a 93 5 speed sc300 Garnett pearl that JUST hit over 100k miles and I ALWAYS try to keep clean.... I live in an apartment complex with tiny road/ parking spots on both sides of the road running through the complex... I have been hit on 3 of four corners just light enough to leave some paint.... so frustrating. still looks very clean, lowered on work vs-sd. I can post some pictures once I clean and try to get some of this damn paint off....
The only chance I would ever sell my car is if I had a shot at a clean working Manual swap sc400 with right color combo. It'd have to be a perfect situation... otherwise I'm a Lifer with my current SC.
post pics!!!
man that's rough about the hit and runs, but lucky it wasn't worse damage. hope you can do with your SC what you've always wanted to

Originally Posted by ScaddenMan
I have owned my car for less than a week, and I've already gotten tons of compliments! Huge change driving this car around versus my 1995 honda accord. I found an owner that babied the car, glad I was able to find an SC in this good condition! Any tips on restoring front headlights? I would prefer to keep the car stock, since everything is currently besides the rims!

O.G.S. makes amazing headlights for our cars. hope you keep that car for life!
Old 03-07-17, 09:35 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 1uZLeX
An older guy who was walking buy was stunned because he hadn't seen a sc since the 90s he was like "howd you manage to get this thing"

and i pulled up to a ferrari same color as my car gave me a thumbs upxD

mainly exhaust compliments with just res delete people love it

one time I went to pick my bro up at his middle school and some kid tells his dad look it's a Supra It was funny
haha the old timer probably owned one or wanted to when they came out. also sounds like the kid will grow up to love cars

Originally Posted by Schleme
Recently had someone mistake my car for a Camaro, surprisingly not the first time its happened,
wasnt flattering to me in the slightest
not a muscle car fan huh? haha

Originally Posted by vteruni
Ive gotten more thumbs up on my 99 SC400 in the past 2 months than i have on my 95 SC300 in the past 2 years. Im guessing it has to do with the infinitely superior condition of the paint lol. Always happy to see people appreciate the car and oddly enough there is no set demographic in my case. Ive had people in their 60s pull up next to me in a Benz and mention how nice the car is as often as i get people my age ( mid 20s) pull up saying they either had one before or always wanted one. And of course its always fun when another sc pulls up next to me and you just kinda nod at each other before driving away.
lol i always try to give a thumbs up when i see another SC but more often than not (and i rarely see any SC anyway) i see a pre-97 so either they don't see my car or they don't know what a 97+ SC looks like lol

or they just don't care

Originally Posted by t2d2
I had an older guy stop by this weekend to look at my '94, and he ended up being mostly interested in the '98. He kept prodding whether it might be for sale, paying it significantly more attention.
he wants him a Lexus coupe can't blame him haha

Last edited by Ezroni; 03-07-17 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-07-17, 09:44 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

come to think of it, the SC does get recognized. I've had A LOT of friends come up to me and tell me "hey, I saw you driving on the road..." Even old HS friends that I haven't seen in years who I randomly run into tell me that lol and that's compliment enough for me I guess
Ezroni (03-09-17)
Old 03-08-17, 07:08 AM
Schleme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ezroni

not a muscle car fan huh? haha

Well he never mentioned which generation camaro he mistook it for, in my eyes it resembles the 67' more then any other gen
Old 03-09-17, 03:26 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Another offer to buy it today...
Ezroni (03-09-17)
Old 03-09-17, 09:49 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jadu
come to think of it, the SC does get recognized. I've had A LOT of friends come up to me and tell me "hey, I saw you driving on the road..." Even old HS friends that I haven't seen in years who I randomly run into tell me that lol and that's compliment enough for me I guess
it is a great compliment from people who i'm assuming don't know much about the SC can still recognize the car

Originally Posted by Schleme
Well he never mentioned which generation camaro he mistook it for, in my eyes it resembles the 67' more then any other gen
tbh i'd say the only similarity i see is on the 4th gen camaro due to the headlights.. but that's about it lol

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
come to think of it i've had some folks ask me if it's for sale too.. feels good
Old 03-09-17, 09:52 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
It's because you have a clean oem looking car. I get less offers for my car ever since I lowered it and added aftermarket wheels.
Ezroni (03-10-17)
Old 03-11-17, 07:15 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
It's because you have a clean oem looking car. I get less offers for my car ever since I lowered it and added aftermarket wheels.
I guess that's about to change...picking up some new wheels for the 'ol gal today.
Ezroni (03-14-17)
Old 03-12-17, 07:14 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Did a quick 'chop of how she'll look once coilovers are installed.

The following 2 users liked this post by ThomasGS4:
97-SC300 (03-13-17), Ezroni (03-14-17)

Quick Reply: How often do people compliment your car?