SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

In Depth ViS Racing vertex knock off questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-03, 04:09 PM
Paul Boz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i'm happy with it, does it realy matter if it's electricaly polarized or whatever? Whats your basis for not having faith in my painting skill? are you telling me that you don't know at least one weekend mechanic that's better at working on a specific car then a trained mechanic? Just because you don't have a certification doesn't mean you're not good at what you do. why are you being such a **** to me? i never said i was going to for sure get the dang VIS kit. i was just ASKING ABOUT IT. if you where going to spend arround a thousand dollars or more on something, would you not look into it first? i never said "i'm hellbent on getting the VIS kit" i specificaly, and i quote from my first post said:

I wouldn't even be asking if I could determine a bias one way or another, but it seems that some people swear that the kits are good quality (but require slight modification) and others swear that it's the worst waste of money possible. Thanks for taking the time to respond to such a long winded post, I just want to make sure of what I'm buying before I commit the money.
if you can tell me in that post where it says i'm committed to buying the VIS kit, please let me know. what i see is, and i'll even spell it in lamens terms, "i'm looking at the VIS kit as an OPTION, please inform me of anything i should know about it."

just drop it man. if you're going to be negative and make fun of or try to belittle me, just quit, because it's not productive, and it's not helpful. Everyone else is doing what they can to offer help, but all you're doing is flaming. Don't post if you don't have something constructive to say. All i want is some constructive information, thats all.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

can someone constructive, like Emirald, Hellasboy, or E39 please show me/ tell me what the Vertex lip looks like ,and tell me weather or not it would fit on the JIC kit?

Last edited by Paul Boz; 06-07-03 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-07-03, 06:16 PM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIS SUCKS....no more to be said
Old 06-07-03, 06:37 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i think everyone on this board is trying to help you out. they ARE being productive and helping you out. No one forced them to comment or respond in your thread. They do so on their own time because they want to help. they give their honest opinions with no BS added. just take it as you see it...

if you want to mix and match kits, they're going to charge you more for purchasing a kit in pieces because they have to separate the items. Just a little FYI

Also, you have to pay for shipping twice! AND, NO... you cannot add a part from one body kit to another. It would look horrible.

Oh, the prices you quoted for the body kits are WAY off. Since you're going to paint the kit yourself, why not just spend the extra $$ that you're saving on labor and get the Vertex kit.
Old 06-08-03, 01:23 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jic Magic sides looks very similar to the Vertex sides. I don't think Vertex has a front lip spoiler. Every picture you find of the Vertex has the full front bumper replacement.

Also it would be better to stick with all the pieces from the same kit, you don't want to end up with the front and rear hanging lower or higher than the sideskirts imo.
Old 06-09-03, 12:04 AM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

I have a VIS vertex kit...its not too bad, i mean its not the best fitting kit. but you must keep in mind that it IS A KNOCKOFF so do not expect it to flush well with your car. i tried to put on the kit my self and it looked like ****, then i took it to my brothers friend's shop and he cleaned it up a little. im am happy with my kit, knowing that a real vertex will crack same as a knockoff if you hit a dip or speed bump too hard.
Old 06-09-03, 12:10 AM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

OH....let me add that their service sucks *****!!! if anything watch out for that...and good luck finding a kit.
Old 06-09-03, 02:10 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...a Folex and a real Rolex will also scratch the same but owning a Folex isn't quite like owning a Rolex, is it? A fake Armani suit will also tear like a real one if you snag a corner hard enough...again, it's not quite the same as owning a real Armani, is it?

For me, it's an issue of INTEGRITY. ViS is ONLY out there to TAKE money from you. They make crap kits and knock-off design to make a quick buck. There's not innovation, no pride, and they don't care about their customers. This is the company you want to buy from just so you can save a buck and then front like you own the real thing? (Anyone who wears a FAKE Rolex is hoping people think it's real. PERIOD.)

It comes down to the fact that it's your car and it's your money. If you want to RICE it out by buying fake stuff, painting your stock calipers "performance red", and doing other RICER mods, then that's your business. If you actually care about your hobby and your car, you'll do it right.

If you can't afford the real Vertex kit, why not buy another kit by another manufacturer? Why not just SAVE your money?
Old 06-09-03, 07:22 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Try this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=84267

I dont know the guy, but it seems like a good (retail) deal.
Old 06-09-03, 10:02 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM Steve Ganz, I think he still has a JIC kit for sale...SUPRATRD
Old 06-09-03, 11:41 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Well said Manny. Paul, i'm not trying to flame you and i'm not trying to belittle you, for the third time i'm just trying to help, and for the second time, Vertex is a full bumper replacement, not a lip. And my point is that it's a Lexus, it should be painted IN a bodyshop, BY a bodyman, like I said I do very nice bodywork, but leave my car to the guy that does it day in and day out, and has all the tools and machines for the job. The JIC kit is very affordable, i'd recommend you save a few hundred more and get the real deal, plus you get a bunch more quality to boot, and you won't spend a week shaving fiberglass...
Old 06-09-03, 12:56 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

Originally posted by Manaray
...a Folex and a real Rolex will also scratch the same but owning a Folex isn't quite like owning a Rolex, is it? A fake Armani suit will also tear like a real one if you snag a corner hard enough...again, it's not quite the same as owning a real Armani, is it?

For me, it's an issue of INTEGRITY. ViS is ONLY out there to TAKE money from you. They make crap kits and knock-off design to make a quick buck. There's not innovation, no pride, and they don't care about their customers. This is the company you want to buy from just so you can save a buck and then front like you own the real thing? (Anyone who wears a FAKE Rolex is hoping people think it's real. PERIOD.)

It comes down to the fact that it's your car and it's your money. If you want to RICE it out by buying fake stuff, painting your stock calipers "performance red", and doing other RICER mods, then that's your business. If you actually care about your hobby and your car, you'll do it right.

If you can't afford the real Vertex kit, why not buy another kit by another manufacturer? Why not just SAVE your money?
Yes what Manaray said...besides you know vis makes thier stuff in China, Taiwan, & Hong Kong...just increasing your chances to get SARS.

If you love your car, be good to it, buy it quality parts.

Another analogy...a steak at Denny's is a steak, but it's not a steak that you would get at Chris Ruth's Steakhouse. Whats the difference you ask? their both meat, both steak, both come from a cow. One is more than double the price of the other, but the expensive one tastes so much better. Is it worth it to you to get the better steak? Is your car worth it to you to have quality parts?

Last edited by Swifty; 06-09-03 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-09-03, 02:02 PM
LexFather

Dude,don't do it. It won't fit right, it'll be fragile and it will suck. Think about it. Lexus/Toyota has the smallest amount of tolerance for error. So take the same approach toward your car.
Old 06-09-03, 07:10 PM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

dude!!! this is so funny....i've been visiting this site for about a year now and evey time someone posts something about VIS everyone goes nutty over it, i know most of the members enjoy reading posts here, i cant speak for those who have "real kits" and im sure you guys love it....but paul, really VIS kits dont fit that good. if you have money to spend get the real thing. take it from me i have a vis kit, i've seen cars w/ vis kits that fit like crap and alot of people say their kits crack easy. i've had my kit for a year now and it hasn't cracked on me yet (knock on wood). it seems like MOST people will only except and respect the real thing and may even say its "it's an issue of INTEGRITY," or for bragging rights. again its your car do what you want! the thing i really hate about vis is their customer service. good luck!
Old 06-10-03, 04:03 PM
AMSC400
Driver School Candidate

well, in relation to this topic, i just bought a VIS kit. i decided to pick this one over the real Vertex one because the guy who sold it to me told me that in a later year model like mine (92) it wouldn't be worth it to put a multi-thousand dollar kit on. he also said that he could get the expensive one too, just so you know he wasn't really biased. did i make the wrong choice? i hope i didn't. also, so you don't pick me apart all too quickly, i'm having the kit and the car professionally painted as well as the kit professionally installed. i might go with the factory platinum blue color or a custom black. i want it to look good. my dad employs a mechanic with a full shop and paint booth. well not like my dad provides the shop, the mechanic has his own shop but is doing the work for me. thanks for your help, please respond!
Old 06-10-03, 08:48 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Swifty
Yes what Manaray said...besides you know vis makes thier stuff in China, Taiwan, & Hong Kong...just increasing your chances to get SARS.

.. They are made in Japan... My kit had stickers with Japanese writing all over it....

Quick Reply: In Depth ViS Racing vertex knock off questions