SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

In Depth ViS Racing vertex knock off questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-03, 11:03 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by E39
.. They are made in Japan... My kit had stickers with Japanese writing all over it....
That doesn't necessarily mean they were made in Japan. I'm not sure of their source but based on the price, I can only agree with Swifty (and considering he's in the body kit business, he might know...)
Old 06-10-03, 11:35 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt its made in Japan...Because it would cost more for them to ship it here and import taxes etc..Consider the cost of living in Japan, labor in Japan is NOT CHEAP...And why would they go through all that trouble to ship it here and not make it fit correctly? It just doesn't make any sense to me..My guess is that they hired a group of immigrants to do the dirty work for CHEAP...Handling fiberglass is not the safest job in the world...There are health risks involved...Just my 2 cents...
Old 06-11-03, 03:31 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-12-03, 10:46 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

besides...it most likely may have been chinese writing.
Old 06-13-03, 10:03 PM
AMSC400
Driver School Candidate

like i don't want to be ****ty, but I don't like how my questions on this damn site never get answered. like people obviously saw my post, why didn't they answer? are they gonna see this one? i hope they do! and i hope it makes them want to answer my other posts. i would answer yours! like i actually had a valid question, i even told you that i bought the damn kit! it seems like there are only two kinds of people on this site; the computer nerd kids who talk the talk of having a lexus by the time they can drive and the rich 30somethings who drop the dollar on their lex. well i have a sc400, i'm 18, and i want some answers!
Old 06-13-03, 10:23 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

AMSC400: What more can be said about the kit? what else could you ever want to know about it?

And The guy that sold it to doesnt know what he's talking about......there.
Old 06-13-03, 10:32 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i decided to pick this one over the real Vertex one because the guy who sold it to me told me that in a later year model like mine (92) it wouldn't be worth it to put a multi-thousand dollar kit on. he also said that he could get the expensive one too, just so you know he wasn't really biased. did i make the wrong choice?
Whether you made the right choice or not, its up to your own personal opinion...

And The guy that sold it to doesnt know what he's talking about......there.
Good one, Em..
Old 06-13-03, 10:34 PM
Mr_PimP
Driver School Candidate

amsc400, post some pics of ur car when its finished...let me know how it goes...
Old 06-13-03, 10:51 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Old 06-18-03, 12:28 PM
AMSC400
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, well Emerald I just keep having these troubles with poor vendors! I bought these carbon fiber trim panels for my car off of ebay a couple of months ago; and they sucked too!!! The seller told me that they were slightly blemished or overstock. So i get them and the weave pattern was HORRIBLE! There wasn't one damn panel with a smooth weave pattern on it; they were all jagged and very poor looking. On some of the pieces you can see how the person didn't have enough fiber to make a whole piece, but tried to complete the pannel with patches of c.f. Also, as far as a tight fit, well lets just say that the larger size of the carbon fiber piece compared to the oem wood piece caused the c.f. pannels to fall\break\pop off. Even with the lock tite and all the other stuff you said to do, the pannel just didn't line up well enough with the door pannel and the window frame. Also, the driver's side shorter trim piece that goes around the seat memory switches was so poorly cut out that I have to ask you if you used a sanding drum off of a dremmel. Like do you know they have a 90 degree jigsaw attachment for those dremmels? If you got it, then you could probably cut the memory holes out with straight lines. Oh yeah, I forget to add how the middle piece that goes around the ac vents, you know the real long one that's pressure fit, yeah, the c.f. started to pull from the backing and the piece was split down the inside. All of this leads me to two questions: 1. Was it worth it to save the little bit of money from the difference between the overstocked\slightly blemished and the brand new ones from your web site? 2. Do the new ones look that bad? The only answer that I can conlude is that my vendor didn't know what they were talking about......there
Old 06-18-03, 11:38 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's what happens when you try to buy based on price. If you can't afford the good stuff now, just save up and buy the good stuff when you can afford it. Otherwise, stuff like this will ALWAYS happen. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason.

As for your decision to go with the VIS kit, simple answer...MISTAKE.

Your car is a 92 Lexus SC...not a '99 Civic DX. You should have just gotten the Vertex kit or you could have bought the JIC Kit (which has a similar look) for $1300.

Last edited by Manaray; 06-18-03 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-19-03, 01:29 AM
AMSC400
Driver School Candidate

alright, finally a good answer. manaray, you're not ignorant and inconsiderate like the rest. i might not like what you have to say, but at least you told me your opinion.
Old 06-19-03, 07:17 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, manny's a pretty good guy, i'm the ignorant inconsiderate one
Old 06-19-03, 10:45 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

Originally posted by AMSC400
alright, finally a good answer. manaray, you're not ignorant and inconsiderate like the rest. i might not like what you have to say, but at least you told me your opinion.
Yah he is a good guy...besides he's looking out for your health. We don't want you to be exposed to SARS
Old 06-19-03, 11:35 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

it seems like there are only two kinds of people on this site; the computer nerd kids who talk
the talk of having a lexus by the time they can drive and the rich 30somethings who drop the
dollar on their lex. well i have a sc400, i'm 18, and i want some answers!

You conveniently forgot to mention the age group in-between, which encompasses those who are
tantrum-throwing brats that use phrases that start with "I HAVE..." or "I
WANT..." ...but that's besides the point. Actually, no it's not. We (many of the members on this
board) have opinions based on first-hand experiences with the car or things relative to it.

When the experienced members offer you 'comments' or 'suggestions' or give you indirect answers
to your questions, you should really take a moment to think about the wealth of knowledge you've
just recv'd and draw your own conclusions. It's unfortunate that you require someone to tell you
that you've done something wrong before respecting their opinion. The type of validation you
seek is disturbing but one thing that many of the experienced members of this forum have is
tact--albeit their opinions are honest (sometimes outspoken)--but for the most part, tactful.

the fact that no one else picked up on the whininess of your post just confirms the matured
nature of those you seek affirmation from.

This is not in retaliation of the remainder of your post (see below for that response). This is merely a
reminder that you are not dealing with children nor adults, mature or not, but with people who
have a mutual love for the Lexus. You'll develop your OWN good judgment and be able to coach
the future generation of Lexus owners one day, but in the meantime, it may be a good idea to use
discretion with the folks from whom you are trying to learn.

All of this leads me to two questions: 1. Was it worth it to save the little bit of money from
the difference between the overstocked\slightly blemished and the brand new ones from your web
site? 2. Do the new ones look that bad? The only answer that I can conlude is that my vendor
didn't know what they were talking about......there
First of all, why is this the first time you have mentioned this--you bought the item 6 months
ago. No Emails from you, no Ebay feedback...nothing. As any company would, I do rely on
customer feedback as a measure of QA. Sometimes, though, that returns unsatisfactory
comments--most of which are positively resolved should the lines of the communication be opened
up. The first thing you should have done is Emailed me about ANY problems that you may have had.
It's no big deal If I decide to override a policy, exchange or substitute an Item if I feel the
need or simply 'Want to'.

"Hey Emerald, I'm having problems..blah,blah,blah..." ....................All it would've taken was a simple email...

Secondly, the item was a factory blem--well-noted on the EBay ad.

But the answers to your questions:

1) It's your opinion as to whether or not it was worth it. Not direct enough for you? No, it
probably wasn't (based on your post).

Should you have purchased the dash kit on from the site when they were available? Yes (and you
would've gotten the door sills for free)

2) What does my dash kit look like? PERFECT...Fit: PERFECT. Dash kits owned by people who
bought from the site when we were able to sell from there? PERFECT.

All it would've taken was a simple E-mail....................

Thank you. That will be all.

~Em.

Quick Reply: In Depth ViS Racing vertex knock off questions