Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

That is one clean SC bro!
Old 06-12-03, 09:29 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been away a while, nice to return and find this thread right on top - I too own a '93, 112K now, have had it a little over a year. It came from a good home, and is almost flawless, and I am having such a great time keeping it that way! I don't know if I would have the patience for a complete restoration - I am so lucky to have found a "fine example of the marque" that may someday become collectible. Did I pay too much for it? Yes, but no. Here's a picture of it in front of my summer cottage, haw haw
Attached Thumbnails The Heck with Mods - Part 2, Making my SC look like new-colonialex.jpg  
Old 06-13-03, 02:21 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I completely respect what you've done. I'm tired of people tossing a well-used car aside to welcome a new "stranger" car. Instead, people should return the favor to a beatiful car that's served them so well, like you have. BIG thumbs up!!! The car is gorgeous. I own a 93 black SC4, these cars weren't made to look bad.

BTW - where did you get the chrome lexus badges? I know you can get them from Lexus. Mine are gold and are starting to lose their luster. Plus, chrome looks much better, IMO.

Take care,
Matt
Old 06-13-03, 06:35 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

congrats on such a clean car! good work.

could you PM me your paint shop's digits?
Old 06-14-03, 10:59 AM
bennettdo
Driver School Candidate

Car looks fantastic!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. My sc has new paint but the interior is showing some minor wear and after seeing your results, it's time to get started before you leave me totally in the dust. I really like the AS steering wheel. It adds class to an already classic automoble.
Old 06-14-03, 07:07 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm VERY glad there's persons that love the SC as much as you!!! You make 'The Ikon' PROUD!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET SC!!!

The Ikon

Last edited by The Ikon; 06-14-03 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-15-03, 08:07 AM
SCV8
Instructor

I've been trained by all of the previous cars owned to have to work on them ,alot,so now that I have a reliable car that outperforms nearly all of my old ones...
I just clean,clean,and clean some more,and love it.
While my car was being painted,I had a rash of rental cars,all of which reminded me that I really didn't want a new car in the price range of my used SC.
Like that interior Ryan.
Old 06-16-03, 11:47 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

You make a very valid point with this. I can't think of anything that's sold today that even comes close to the return you get on a good SC. Even one that's old and needs work can be made into a car that looks and feels superior to whatever else is on the road. Once I get a job I think I'm going to do all the maintenance the car needs, and repaint it Audi Electric Blue.
Old 06-17-03, 08:44 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn! If I'd known I could make my '99 SC300 look that great I would have never traded for an SC430! I upgraded the speakers and installed a new amp, and the outside of the car was immaculate, but the black leather was starting to look pretty tired!

Your car is beautiful enough to be rolled out as an '04 model. I still fall in love every time I see that interior. Inside and out, one of the best auto designs ever! Congrats on a beautiful job!
Old 06-18-03, 12:01 AM
shyvpboi
Rookie

huge thumbs up. I have the same exact car except its a 92 and has 170k. I am currently in the process of rebuilding it. Your post has helped me greatly. I was wondering if you could go into a more detailed description of how you rebuilt yours...it will be greatly appreciated. How is it running after the tune up? Where did you go for the tune up, and transmission work...also how much has it helped. I also see that you have recarpeted the whole car...how much was that? thank you so much for your time man and its good to see someone out there that has already done what im planning on doing

my email address is tadao916@hotmail.com

Last edited by shyvpboi; 06-18-03 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-18-03, 10:09 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

wow that SC IS clean!!! all i would recommend is a bigger house with a metal gate, metal gates make people look cooler. And the cooler you are, the faster your car goes.
Old 06-19-03, 10:42 PM
eric150db
Driver School Candidate

so fresh and so clean clean
Old 06-20-03, 05:01 PM
Wishbone
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

::drool::
Old 06-21-03, 07:00 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ryan was at the Lexus meet today at Carson Toyota and I met him and saw his car up close. The seats are fantastic- the perforated center areas look great. He paid extra to get 100% leather and had an experienced shop install it, and it shows. I have seen a few other SCs lately with new leather, and it's not a trivial job to get the leather laid just right. I have yet to install my new leather kit, and I will take my time in finding an experienced shop that can do the same sort of install that Ryan has. He also had new armrests made, one of the dirtiest parts of most SC interiors.

I sat in his car and the steering wheel, with that extra layer of padding under the leather, felt great! While I was in there, I tried my key in his ignition, but unfortunately, it didn't fit. So I had to drive my own car home.
Old 06-21-03, 08:51 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default LOL

Originally posted by PERRYinLA
I tried my key in his ignition, but unfortunately, it didn't fit. So I had to drive my own car home.
ROFL, that is some funny crap Too bad for you, your key didn't fit and good for him it didn't, He would be posting that his SC was stolen by a fellow CL member from a CL meet LOL.....

Shawn

Quick Reply: The Heck with Mods - Part 2, Making my SC look like new