SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Heck with Mods - Part 2, Making my SC look like new

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 07:11 AM
kengtay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where did you get the interior w/ AS wheel

Where di you get your interior w/ AS wheel, how much is this? Thinking to get one.
Old 07-17-03, 07:55 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have the check the Clublexus Vendor Approved section...You will see a thread about a Group buy for the wood grain wheel...

If you read the first post, he stated that he got the seats from leatherseats.com...

Good luck.
Old 07-17-03, 12:28 PM
Marlow
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful work.
Old 07-17-03, 10:04 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Default Great Job!

First off...just wanted to come over from the GS forum and give you props!!

Have one question..I know you ordered the leather interior from leatherseats.com...where did you get them installed? Sorry, if this has already been answered.
Old 07-20-03, 02:32 AM
CORT
Driver School Candidate

Who did you have install your interior? And what do you think of leatherseats.com? I am thinking of re-doing my interior any advice??
Old 07-20-03, 09:45 PM
FrnkPwrs
Driver School Candidate

Im stunned. Abo****ely beautiful. LOL, trade cars with me! You pictures definately inspire. Let me know if you ever wanna sell!
Old 07-23-03, 09:12 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,

Got the leather install done at the shop next to TM Engineering in Carson, CA. There are these two ladies that work there and they do amazing work. They are real perfectionists. I was extremely impressed with the leatherseats.com kit. The leather is the quality of something you would see in a new S-class. Much thicker and nicer than OEM. I thought the stitch work and backing materials was top notch. I think these ladies had a few challenges with the kit but got everything to work perfectly. They prefer to build stuff from scratch rather than work from a kit, so they were a bit picky. If you want to try them just send Todd an email to get the contact info. I went through Todd while he did my suspension so I didn’t deal with them directly. Any good upholstery shop should be able to do the install for you. You can certainly do it yourself as well, but I would suggest that you replace some of the foam material in the seats so that the padding is correct and you don’t end up with a bunch of wrinkles. I suggest you also buy some extra leather so you can have the armrests done and the leather will all match exactly. Let me know how it goes!

Ryan
Old 07-23-03, 09:21 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been getting a lot of questions on the interior, so if you missed it, below are some how-to fix guides I started for the seat nets and the climate control backlighting.

Tightening the seat nets:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=71322

Climate Control Lighting:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...limate+control
Old 07-25-03, 10:29 AM
TidaLXWaVe
Driver

very nice, investing a lot of money, but well worth the effort!
Old 07-25-03, 09:35 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I have noticed the large amount of new posters in this thread. Ryan really knows how to draw people into the site

I'm speechless over the amount of money that is in this car, yet noone would ever know but the owner. I bet the leather squeaks when you rub a clean hand across it

Last edited by O. L. T.; 07-25-03 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-27-03, 02:31 PM
CrazeeSC
Rookie

Yes, very informative in deed! Is the upholstery service a part of TM Engineering??????
Old 07-31-03, 09:17 AM
lexboy
Driver School Candidate

Default nice

Great Job,
I like to see people take care of these beauties
Old 07-31-03, 05:06 PM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by CrazeeSC
Yes, very informative in deed! Is the upholstery service a part of TM Engineering??????

Got the leather install done at the shop next to TM Engineering in Carson, CA. There are these two ladies that work there and they do amazing work. They are real perfectionists. I was extremely impressed with the leatherseats.com kit. The leather is the quality of something you would see in a new S-class. Much thicker and nicer than OEM. I thought the stitch work and backing materials was top notch. I think these ladies had a few challenges with the kit but got everything to work perfectly. They prefer to build stuff from scratch rather than work from a kit, so they were a bit picky. If you want to try them just send Todd an email to get the contact info. I went through Todd while he did my suspension so I didn’t deal with them directly. Any good upholstery shop should be able to do the install for you.
Old 02-24-04, 09:54 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

i needed to bring back this highly inspirational thread from the depths just to give it: i'm on the same mission-(just did the exterior and am now working on the interior)....thanks for the inspiration ryan!
Old 02-25-04, 09:49 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up

i am totally speechless, money well spent, I can certainly see the dedication in this. Excellent work sir.

Quick Reply: The Heck with Mods - Part 2, Making my SC look like new