SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

mike d. (the evil among our midst!...)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 08:14 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mike d. (the evil among our midst!...)

nuff' said -this particular thread has been closed and i felt the need to address this issue of what can be best described as "hate for particular ethnic groups"or just plain old racism-this has no place in this type of community.I believe and consider everone here as a fellow cl FAMILY member(key word here is FAMILY).we can agree to disagree among other things,but this sort of behavior should not be tolerated by anyone here. My personal reasons for joining this club initially, was to get information to help myself with my car. Instead,it gave me the opportunity to help and meet some of you people who i deem as respectable and good people.I am not concerned with anyone's ethnicity or sex-and i am sure this is the basic attitude of the majority here and my response is directed to the few on this club. i was just very dissapointed in the outcome of this thread and needed to get this out real quick b4 i get my day started.Anyway,here is the thread i mentioned https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1 located in the gs300/400 section under the title "my first mod: 20" maya's with spintek spinners" feel free to add on to this display of sheer garbage. i'll talk to you all later.........out
Old 06-23-03, 08:29 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

only took 136 post to show his true colors.....what an ***
Old 06-23-03, 08:45 AM
boredguy77
Lead Lap

He tries to give himself credibility by saying "For God's sake, I use to move 8 elbows a week. " how stupid can you be??
Old 06-23-03, 08:59 AM
Lexozz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure that there is alot of 'MikeD' s out there. If you check out the thread where he made his comments, not too many people responded to that. Something like this can't be shoved under the table, its a very serious issue. I thought this forum was somewhere we can talk about our cars and exchange ideas, not to be insulted by some ignorant a-hole that living in the past...
Old 06-23-03, 09:09 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default not suprising

WOW,...I think Sprewell would take offense to that since he plays ball, invented the things, and has a set on one of his ferrari's ( speakin' of which i saw the newest modena this weekend ). My asian homeboy has a set on his Escalade,... hell, everyone in houston almost has spinners on their cars, whether they are hoopties or big body benzes. Oh well, goes to show, in 2003 it's not much different than 1953.

Someone should have asked him what each ethnicities drug pushing population drives. That would have been interesting.

On another note, I think his post and his comfort in ASSUMING this was an homogenius population in line of thought due to perceived background touches on something else. I think in the midst of earlier debates on religion, affirmative action and politics, people have come very close to the same type of thinkin', ... just more tactful about it.

Old 06-23-03, 09:32 AM
V8RWDHP
Driver

It's people like this that make it hard for decent people to relate to each other. As a white man of Irish, German, Jewish, French, and who knows what else, descent, I say F this guy and everyone like him for making me look bad. Everytime a person of a different race looks at me with distrust, everytime I see a large business with only white employees, I wanna take on every one of these guys one at a time! (and probably could, 6'5"- 245lbs, bring it! ) What year is it? 1886? If these people must exist, please stay in the south. If you are this way and live near me get the F out and move to the south, I'm sure you will enjoy the super intelligent conversations about white superiority down there. So, in closing, Mike d, K*ss my *ss
Old 06-23-03, 09:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally posted by Lexozz
I'm sure that there is alot of 'MikeD' s out there. If you check out the thread where he made his comments, not too many people responded to that. Something like this can't be shoved under the table, its a very serious issue. I thought this forum was somewhere we can talk about our cars and exchange ideas, not to be insulted by some ignorant a-hole that living in the past...

If you read the second page of responses, many people (including me) responded to Mike's very inappropriate comment.

My response - both in that public thread and in private - were serious warnings to Mike that comments like that will NOT be tolerated here. I'm concerned that you glossed over my official response and those of other members, which is why I am posting here.

His response (you can see it in the thread) was not at all appropriate or considerate of the issue. As a result, Mike D was immediately banned from our forums and is no longer welcome here.

Originally posted by V8RWDHP
It's people like this that make it hard for decent people to relate to each other. As a white man of Irish, German, Jewish, French, and who knows what else, descent, I say F this guy and everyone like him for making me look bad. Everytime a person of a different race looks at me with distrust, everytime I see a large business with only white employees, I wanna take on every one of these guys one at a time! (and probably could, 6'5"- 245lbs, bring it! ) What year is it? 1886? If these people must exist, please stay in the south. If you are this way and live near me get the F out and move to the south, I'm sure you will enjoy the super intelligent conversations about white superiority down there. So, in closing, Mike d, K*ss my *ss
V8RWDHP: I share your general sentiment but personally take offense to your ignorant stereotype of Southerners. As someone who grew up and lives in the South and has lived and worked many places around the country (including MN) - you run into intolerance and racism whereever you go. The South may have historically been an hotbed of racism, but I believe you need to expand your thinking and move beyond your way of thinking that might not be dated as far back 1886, but it certainly is before 1974. I hope you understand your comments are nearly as bad as Mike D's to many folks.

EDIT: I got a very nice note from V8RWDHP I hope he doesn't mind my sharing... since I locked the thread he can't update his original comments.

Dave, You're right. After I wrote that I realized how it sounded and I should have made my point a different way. I don't believe all southerners are racists, I think maybe my lack of exposure to real southern people has tainted my view though. I apologize if I offended you and I wish I could post an edit to my post or at least an apology to all the CL members from the south who are decent people ( most of which I'm sure are decent people). Hey, we're all works in progress

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let this issue draw to a close with the common understanding that we share ClubLexus as an open forum, and we should always have respect for each other here (regardless of race, geographic origin or whatever). Those that do not are welcome to leave.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-23-03 at 11:53 AM.