SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lesson to all....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-03, 12:44 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was that bumper shipped at an actual UPS center or one of those postal mailbox places that accepts packages for UPS?

Also I push a lex coupe and have no credit cards.
Old 06-29-03, 09:15 PM
chrisngrod
Driver School Candidate

UPS sucks. I had them send an amplifier in the original OEM packaing and then the UPS guy told my buyer not to pay the COD because of the condition it was in. The only thing was that they put that new box in that condition. It came back with the box totally falling apart. The Office Depot where I shipped it from verified to them that it as not in that condition when I sent it. Nevertheless they wouldn't pay 1 damn cent.
Old 06-30-03, 08:36 AM
XTC
Driver

Default UPS Sucks !!

Hey Guys, I took apart my old comp Blazer and sold the entire setup right down to the wires and all to one guy. I apcked all the stuff and it came out to be 4 boxes total. I was sending it via COD and i used the online UPS shipping program to generate shipping lables and all.

Well i put the labels it made and printed out on UPS's own thermal printer and sent them out, expecting a huge COD to be paid and me to be a hapy guy. Well instead UPS brings me one of the boxes back after 2 weeks and says "Here is your returned COD package, they recip refused to pay." I askded them where my other boxes were and they said "delievered !!"

After a few weeks of finding out what happened, it seems that their program wasnt setup to understand a COD shipment could be spread out to cover multiple boxes, so instead it printed COD on the first box and the rest looked just like regular labels. The labels did say 1/4 2/4 3/4 4/4 on them though. So the UPS driver gave the buyer the three boxes and when he refused to pay the COD, took only the one box back. At least the one box back had the four JL W6 subs. (this was back before the W7 or W3 was out)

UPS NEVER gave me a dime and NEVER did anything to help me. They actually acted like it was my fault and i was a stupid guy. Of course since I am in the car business, i have a great REPO company that was very happy to go to AZ and get my stuff back for me, even though it came right out of the guys Jeep, I never bothered to ask if they took the entire Jeep or just took my stuff. :-) Served the guy right for taking an oppurtunity to screw me. BTW... he goes with the personal name "MIKEREX" and bought my stuff via a yahoo classified ad and lives in AZ, so if you ever see him, stay away.

I use FedEX now for all my shipping needs and have to say, they have been fantastic in every way, although i am sure someone out there has probably had a bad time with them too

.-J

PS - LEX, people always try to ruin your reputation when they are jealous of where you have gotten yourself or if you do better then them. I sell many cars on eBay per week, and I have other dealers trying to bad mouth me all the time, its pathetic that people do things like that.
Old 06-30-03, 09:14 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XTC, you hit it on the head, been awhile since i've heard from you. Din, it was shipped from a UPS store. Anyway, this kid has still not sent me the pics of the damage I requested, so he's either full of it or doesn't care about making the claim and just wants to talk trash. Either way, I give up, I tried to help him in every way I could.

- LL
Old 06-30-03, 09:49 AM
93blusc300
Rookie

Actually lex, this "kid" is getting ahold of a digital camera that actually works. But your reluctance to help this "kid" is not worht the trouble. So how bout I just eat the 190 dollars and you can go on your busy way. Make no mistake there IS a crack in the bumper but I'm only interested in getting my car back on the road. Obviously not your problem. Sad thing is, your probably old enough to be my "daddy" yet have the imaturity of my little sister. Whatever, its over and I dont want to hear about this anymore. So go on your way. by the way, dont refer to me or anyone by their age, its rude, but maybe that doesnt mean anything to you.
Old 06-30-03, 10:21 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK guys, let's take it to email - thanks